Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe must be played through Steam?

dodorichard

Question

My problem is kinda unique, I play Warframe through my Steam account so nothing new there. But whenever my son plays Mass Effect 2, which we also play through Steam, I cannot login to the game through our other laptop. Gives me a notice that the account (Steam account) is active somewhere else and if I continue they will be logged off on the other machine. 

So.

Can I play my warframe accout through Warframe servers and not through Steam so I can get around this? Right now I have to wait for him to go to bed before I can play.

3 answers to this question

You'll have to download and install the non Steam version of the game separately. Link to the non Steam version below. Alternatively, create a different Steam ID and play through the game there since Warframe and other free to play games are given instant access without having to purchase anything.

Yes, this is a common issue with Steam as it does this to try and prevent multiple users from "sharing" games on a single account.

https://warframe.com/download

Edited by SurrealEdge

Go to the executable and make a shortcut to it.   I have 2 steam accounts (its a long story) and flip between them without any trouble using a direct shortcut to the executable.   It doesn't verify thru steam but steam engine has to be running and logged into AN account, it matters not which account.