Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jump Attacking Having Some Weight.

ItsGary

I feel that the jump attack ( Jump->Melee) doesn't feel that right.  It feels like you're a feather just floating down.  Is it possible to put some weight behind these combos like there is some weight when doing regular melee attacks with heavy weapons?

We had some heavy duty screen shake, heavy sound effects... It felt heavy enough, but then we had to take most of it away because it was SO heavy and it happened so often that some people actually got motion sickness X__X. The particle effect could use some work, though, the mini-explosion we get right now feels kind of out of place. Not like a real shockwave we see on Gameplay Trailer 1 (The one for Open Beta.)

I don't miss the heavy screen shake...

What I do miss however, is not floating down slowly because I wanted to do a jump attack on enemies or because I wanted to quickly get down an elevator shaft, in particular the one tileroom that tends to appear in grineer asteroids that has four elevators... >_>;

i think it's fine as it is... ppl complain about every possibile visual effect in this game and you ask for a buff to one of them?

everything's fine as it is to me

The only thing i'd like to see improved is scaling dmg based on the height you fall from + ignore armor

Edited by Phoenix86

(...)

The only thing i'd like to see improved is scaling dmg based on the height you fall from + ignore armor

I totally agree with this. Yesterday during a mission I did a jump attack falling from the highest floor in a huge hall. The flight took like 5s during which I wasn't accelerating (i.e. my speed was constant). My expectations were that I would cause an earthquake while finally landed, but no - still the same damage. I think it would be nice to have the jump-attack's damage scaling the height of the jump.

Something like Prototype, idk if you ever played, it was awesome

Find an old couple.

Steal grandpa.

Climb the tallest building in sight.

Locate his other half.

Jump off and bullet drop holding grandpa.

At the last second throw him underneath you

Slam down on top of both of them

Enjoy octogenarian smoothie.

Edited by NotaCobra

i think it's fine as it is... ppl complain about every possibile visual effect in this game and you ask for a buff to one of them?

everything's fine as it is to me

And then there is people like you who come to a forum called GAMEPLAY FEEDBACK and complain about people "complaining" about the game.  I'm giving feedback on the jump attack.  Please get the difference.  I'm saying that it doesn't seem very much like a jump attack.  That it should have some weight behind it like a normal heavy swing would have.   Or at least the heavy weapons should have a heavy jump attack.  They have heavy slide attacks so why not heavy jump attack.

I wasn't here when the jump attacks had a heavy feel so i wouldn't know about the motion sickness or the other problems. 

Aren't you complaining about scaling damage and height +ignore armor? Seriously.  Don't go into a GAMEPLAY FEEDBACK thread and complain about people giving FEEDBACK.  

I didn't even type this thread out in a very "complaining" manner.  I simply stated what i wanted.  Did i type in all caps and demand a change? No, I simply stated what i thought about the current jump attack. 

I feel that the jump attack ( Jump->Melee) doesn't feel that right.  It feels like you're a feather just floating down.  Is it possible to put some weight behind these combos like there is some weight when doing regular melee attacks with heavy weapons?

I feel the same, but have only been here since U7. I do find it odd that I fall SLOWER when I try to ground slam though. If youve never tried, when your in an elevator going down, jump and then attack, then check your friends reactions. If anything, Id expect ground attacks to make you descend FASTER than normal.

I could get behind this as well.

Edited by unmog

Find an old couple.

Steal grandpa.

Climb the tallest building in sight.

Locate high other half.

Jump off and bullet drop holding grandpa.

At the last second throw him underneath you

Slam down on top of both of them

Enjoy octogenarian smoothie.

>goes to install Prototype< ...

I don't like the new fall speed, it just too slow.