Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Menace - The Wicked, The Violent

(PSN)Visor13

Just putting it out there that I'm the last person to assume what would (or should) be the right stats for this kind of Warframe. If I'm motivated enough, and maybe it garners enough interest from you guys, then I can focus on that matter a bit more. So, without further ado...

This is Menace. The wicked, the violent. Menace craves for battle and wants nothing more than to kill his targets. The rush of blood and death gradually empowers his abilities, making him an unstoppable and impenetrable force.

Design concept: Around Excalibur's height, but not as slim as Nezha. From the back, to the arms, and parts of his legs, Menace is covered in many small tendrils that could be construed as hair or fur. Has sharp claws on his hands and feet. His head is shaped like a demonic hyena's head. But the most unique part of Menace's design is that he has scar-like textures around his mouth area and it is so detailed that it's like he's wearing a smile. A glasgow smile, no less. He doesn't look threatening or imposing at first, but when his passive is active, those tendrils spike up and lighten up, and his animations can change to reflect the rush.

Stats:

Health: 75

Shields: 50

Power: 150

Sprint Speed: 1.15

Passive: Menace's shields are the least of your worries, because the rush that comes from killing enemies strengthens his Power Strength and shields to a great amount. When you kill an enemy with certain abilities, he will lighten up and reveal a "grey shield," which counts as an extra shield in front of your regular shields. Let's go with 2000 extra shield points at Max for now. Even if you have "purple shields" with restore items, the grey shield will take hits first.

The Catch? Grey shields can even protect Menace against elements that greatly affect and bypass normal shields, but they suffer more damage from them than most enemy attacks. Toxic Ancients and toxic-aura Eximus enemies can still be a threat to him.

Ability 1: Tear

Menace performs a straight dash with a quick laugh. When in contact with an enemy, he lifts it off its feet and slams it into the ground, performing a small AOE stun. However, when the enemy is grappled at less than 15%, Menace will instead assassinate the enemy by ripping it to shreds with his claws, performing a frontal slash attack towards nearby enemies. Assassinations give Menace a set amount of grey shields (600 at Max).

Ability 2: Frenzy

Menace launches a long ranged sonic wave from his head as he laughs loudly. At a cone-like AOE, enemies caught by the sound are stunned and become more susceptible to assassinations from Tear and Brutality for a set duration, increasing the health threshold required to kill them (From 15% to 30% at Max).

Ability 3: Brutality

Leap onto an enemy, knock it down and stomp it five times, causing a series of AOE stuns. AOE affected enemies will receive damage, but not compared the one that's grappled. Like Tear, if the enemy's health is less than 15% after the fifth stomp, Menace will unleash an extra stomp that kills the enemy and deal great AOE damage to those around him. Aim the camera downward to skip to the stomping, assuming he hits a knocked down enemy. That's right, Tear + Brutality combo. Assassinations give Menace a set amount of grey shields (900 at Max).

Ability 4: Madness

After a short burst of laughter, Menace sharpens his claws, runs forward, and goes nuts. It's a skill that consumes energy over time when toggled, no different than World on Fire and Prowl. While active, Menace cannot move backwards because he's constantly moving forward, but he can be steered left and right as well as retain all other movement mechanics. Press the melee button to unleash a flurry of long reaching, wide arcing slashes. It's literally Valkyr doing a slower swiping Berserker Barrage in Hysteria mode. Killing enemies with Madness counts as assassinations, granting a small amount of grey shields (135 per kill at Max). Madness is affected by melee mods and has the same auto-targeting feature so that players don't lose track of the enemy they want to kill.

And that's that for now. I'm tired. If this concept intrigues you, I can go over Mods too. Thinking about it now, this concept doesn't seem like it can be used on bosses. Meh, I'll come up with something.

Edit 1: Because I had the misfortune of forgetting the pack exists, Hyena has switch to Menace. One of my older names, actually. Still keeping the head design.

Edited by (PS4)Visor13

3 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

DEHyenacombine.png

Ugh, knew I was gonna forget something.

3 minutes ago, Noolore said:

Sounds too much like a Valkyr ripoff. We already have an insane frame that likes to tear things apart with it's hands.

Besides that it's not bad

You can consider this a variant of Valkyr, but the concept is different enough from the first ability and passive alone. Also, Valkyr is not the "loves to kill" kind of insane.