Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient healers specters

Wolfwaffe

Question

Ok, so in the past those used to heal and ressurect downed players with its healing pulse. However, this ability was removed and now it only heals other specters and npcs, so i put it aside as "useless", like Red Veil's leech infestoid specter.

However, my recent run through the wiki shown that they have a 90% damage reduction aura. That feels... odd. I mean, that would've make players using it nigh invulnerable, so i took it fror a spin... and, well, i'm not really sure if it works. It feels like it is, there's aura effect on me and other specters, but i can't determine if it really works (i can't get the same enemy fire on me when AH keeps dragging them away), plus a friend of mine states that it doesn't work, since - well, nigh invulnerability i stated above.

So, the question is: does that damage reduction aura work on players? And if it is, can two of AHs protect each other in this manner?

2 answers to this question

It works, I sometimes use it in defense missions to also apply their damage reduction to the objective when I'm not Frost. Ancient Healer's protection aura however does not apply to other ancient healers. 

Trinity Blessing on the other hand will apply to the healer while their aura protects the defense objective.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

They're extremely useful for their 90% damage reduction, but they are hard to take care of since they use melee to attack so they might die in a couple of mins if you're not careful. They can't apply it to other healer but can apply to all allies, specters(beside other healers) dogs, sentinels even the defense missions pods and computer terminals.

Other downside is, you got to be close to them. I think around 5-10 meters is their limit.