Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So. Ballistic Battery.

Sh4dowWalker96

Question

I just got Mesa today, and as such, I have a few questions about her 1.

First: How does it work with Multishot weapons, like Redeemer, any other shotgun, Angstrum, etc? Does it apply the bonus to every pellet/shot, or spread out evenly among them?

Second: With "delay" weapons like Castanas or Penta, does it still apply the damage boost on the explosion itself, or just if it impacts an enemy on launch?

Third: This one's more random, and I'll probably not intentionally use it, but does self-damage count towards the charge?

9 answers to this question

Multishot doesn't benefit only one pellet is effected so you're better of using a shotgun or bullet hose secondary to charge the ability and then use a single shot high damage weapon primary to release it. Such as snipers, sybaris, latron or anything with high crit chance and go for headshots. (i've hit 160k head crits with 2000 base damage boost with my Stradavar which doesn't have the best stats at the current time) And the Redeemer is a melee weapon so its shots don't count as gunshots thus is won't charge the ability nor release the shot.

Projectile explosive weapons only have their projectile damage increased not the explosion so stay away from explosives. However the AoE does contribute to the counter as does syndicate blasts. It will fill up the counter almost every time because all enemies in the AoE take the damage. I.E. one single high damage explosion on 1 enemy won't fully charge BB but against 12 enemies it will due to the cap of 140/1600 charge per instance of damage at or above 140.

As far as i know i wouldn't think so as the ability probably scans for damage done to an enemy.

1) For charging the ability, all damage counts. For releasing the ability, only ONE bullet/pellet counts, so that tends to work well with snipers or semi-auto weapons, but if it's got multishot, only ONE of the projectiles will have the damage boosted, so take care how you use that. 

2) Pretty sure it's on impact. I haven't used them myself, though, so I'm not certain. 

3) No, self-damage doesn't count toward the total. 

1) only affects 1 pellet

2) on impact only

3) selfdamage doesnt count

tips:

- DOT effects will count towards the counter ( gas, slash procs)  

- it affects the base damage.  if you have a high crit multiplier, you will net the most benefit from it.  try soma p crit headshots

1 minute ago, hukurokuju5 said:

- it affects the base damage.  if you have a high crit multiplier, you will net the most benefit from it.  try soma p crit headshots

Once I get my setup modded properly, I'm going to be trying it out on my Paris Prime first, my favorite non-fully auto Crit weapon.

1 minute ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

Once I get my setup modded properly, I'm going to be trying it out on my Paris Prime first, my favorite non-fully auto Crit weapon.

hitscan is easier than projectiles because its harder to miss and waste the charges.  also, i only mentioned soma P because of the 6.6 crit multiplier 

Edited by hukurokuju5