Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr build question

Kyrsas

Question

Hi, i'm looking for a build for my valkyr and really cant decide, last one i saw was using this mods but dont know if its outdated or other one better around

warframe: 

steel charge, quick thinking, rage, vitality, handspring, primed flow, steel fiber, blind rage, eternal war

dont know if quick thinking and handspring are good atm or better choices...

weapon scindo prime

Tempo royale, north wind, fever strike, berserker, pressure point, molten impact, focus energy, fury, life strike

whats your opinion? thx

4 answers to this question

I run a duration build so I can take advantage of extended hysteria and eternal war (sometimes there aren't enough mobs that the +2 seconds keeps it up at all times) but it really depends on what you are focusing on honestly.

I would probably drop QT as you can always drop into hysteria when things get scary and get some healing. With primed flow and rage you shouldn't ever really be out of energy where it isn't an option.

Handspring is a wasted slot when it isn't needed, but it is a life saver when it is. Knock downs and focused fire are one of the things that can kill you on a semi regular basis. Being able to recover faster could be the difference between life and death. But again it really depends on what you are doing/focusing on. 

If we knew what you were aiming to do (solo, group, type of missions, etc) advice might be easier to give because builds really depend on the situations you find yourself in.

Edited by Wopel

I can break down the build and mods for you. 

Firstly, Valkyr has 2 primary playstyles, revolving around 2 abilities respectively: Warcry and Hysteria. 

I specialize in Warcry Valkyr, so I'll go with that build. 

Firstly, Valkyr has extremely high armor, and average HP, which means you want to maximize her effective HP, since it's her strongest scaling stat. For this stat, you're going to want the following mods: Vitality, Steel Fiber, Armoured Agility, Primed Flow (regular flow works as well), Quick Thinking. Because of how Quick Thinking and armor works, Valkyr actually gains more effective health from Flow and Quick Thinking than she does with Vitality and the armor mods. 

Second, you're going to want Rage for energy sustain. Note, a Hysteria Valkyr won't regenerate energy because she doesn't take health damage. 

Third, you'll want Eternal War, because it means you can keep a killstreak and Warcry buff going forever. I believe the max Eternal War duration is double the duration of your Warcry (with duration mods added). The great team benefit to this is you can ask your teammates to stick by you as you start combat, buff them with the armor and attack speed, and go on your merry way, while all of you enjoy a continuously refreshing buff, as long as you melee your way through everything. 

Lastly, you're going to want Blind Rage since Warcry scales off of power, which gives you more effective health and attack speed, and since attack speed directly influences melee weapon DPS (both on paper and in client), you gain a lot of damage with this mod. 
Finally, as an aura mod, I choose Rejuvenation. For exilus, I choose the one that boosts aura effectiveness. Why? HP regen means energy regen for Valkyr, and she gains a lot more effective HP per health point gained. Handspring isn't too good a choice because she recovers from knockdowns tremendously fast, but you can still switch to it for some hilariously fast recovery times and animations. 

I hope this helps. 

primed continuity over primed flow?

atm i'm using:

Steel charge, intensify, flow, vitality, continuity, rage, streamline, narrow minded, fleeting expertise

Edited by Kyrsas