Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting RadeonPro to work with Warframe.

TotallyLagging

Question

I've been trying to get Warframe to work with RadeonPro. It gave me around 15 fps boost on Skyrim with 70~ mods on a craptop so I thought, why not use it on Warframe?

I created a profile for Warframe with all the tweaks I wanted, but when I started the game nothing happens. There's supposed to be an FPS counter ( Which I've enabled ) but nothing shows up. So I tried making a profile for the x32 version, and while it works, running at 32 bit usually worsens my fps. I get 15 - 20 at the start of the mission and it'll jump to 50 - 60 after 10 minutes or so, and then it'll reduce to 15 - 20 again with the x64 version. I know, it's terribly inconsistent but hey, I appreciate every single second of that fps boost. With the x32 version I run at 15 - 20 throughout a 30 min survival run.

Sooo yeah, if there's anyone out there that uses RadeonPro with Warframe can you tell me how?

EDIT : I'm using a laptop by the way. So no looking for fancier parts for me. Intel Dual Core Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz, 4 gigs of RAM, AMD HD8570 2GB.

Now I get that I shouldn't expect anything from a craptop but as I've stated above, I can, sometimes, get 50+ fps after playing 10 minutes or so, only for it to drop again. I want to know if it's even possible to keep that fps.

EDIT 2 : I should probably state why I've resorted to using third-party softwares. Well, other than the fact that I'm using a laptop, some games that I've installed didn't use my dedicated graphics card. I've already set every single one of my games on High Performance on AMD Catalyst and that doesn't work for some reason. RadeonPro forces that along with a bunch of other tweaks + SweetFX. I've seen people with just an integrated graphics card running the game at a consistent 30+ fps. 

Also, I've already set every single one of my game settings on low. It looks like S#&$ and it still runs like S#&$. Setting some of the options on high actually gave me better performance. Warframe is weird...

Edited by TotallyLagging

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, T7Alpha said:

Boosters:
Offline game = sometimes provides boost.
Online game= Often causes decreased performance.
Tbh if you can't run warframe at 60 fps without program you probably need to update your hardware.
Or go and unpark your cores.

That's the thing I'm kind of confused about. As stated on the OP there's those time where I can actually run the game at 50+ fps. I just don't get why I can't constantly get that and I'm resorting to third-party softwares to boost my fps...

24 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

That's the thing I'm kind of confused about. As stated on the OP there's those time where I can actually run the game at 50+ fps. I just don't get why I can't constantly get that and I'm resorting to third-party softwares to boost my fps...

Don't look at software, look at hardware, also rule of thumb if you cant remember when was the last time you cleaned the dust from all your Hardware, you probobally should.