Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empty Relays

zwa01

Question

Every time I enter a relay, there is no one there. First I thought it was because there actually wasn't anyone there, but when I went there with a buddy, I couldn't see him either. Also, his relay was crowded with other players. It is also strange that i can only choose for relay instance 1 (like, larunda 1 or kronia 1), whereas my buddy could choose between three different instances per relay, and could see if there were any people. How can this happen?

Thanks a lot in advance!

7 answers to this question

When you log into a Relay, there is a period of no one being there before you effectively click into a server and the chat loads, and people appear. With less-than-brilliant internet connection this period can take a while, and the slower your internet, the longer it takes to successfully connect you to the server. It may be that the Relay servers reject your IP, either if it's too slow or there's something about it that it doesn't like, but you can still use the features of a Relay. Unless you use Relays for chatting and helping (which in my case is 99% of the time) there's no problem, but if you're like me, I understand how you feel.

@T7Alpha: My buddy plays in the same region, same options, same internet connection

@HateRche: i cannot choose between 3 variants, only 1

I should also add that Maroo's bazaar has the same problem

Edited by zwa01

12 hours ago, (PS4)HateRche said:

Every time you chose a relay it gives you 3 variants to chose... Maybe you are choosing different variation .....

Not true, I have seen only 1 option at times, but others (baro weekends) like 7 instances of the area. My guess would be it scales per population. If you play at the same time consistently you would see the same behavior all the time (like you always seeing 3 instances) in such a case. I play at all hours of the day/night depending on IRL demands.

Edited by Wopel

There have been times when I've entered a relay and it took around 5 minutes for it to load/show me all the other players. Same with the list of possible relays to join. No idea what the cause is exactly, but perhaps you are in the same situation?