Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should NPCs attempt to deal with depressurization?

Qeveren

Currently, depressurization is mostly just an "oh crap!" moment for the player(s); the NPCs seem to blithely ignore the fact that they're suffocating. Considering that it's their ship we've just knocked the windshield out of, maybe they might want to try to fix that as well? It would make shooting out the windows an actually-useful tactic in some situations, if the NPCs get distracted trying to deal with it (or a bit of panic).

Then again, the Corpus, being robots mostly, probably don't care about atmosphere and could quite viably use the tactic against the players. XD

I've never noticed this before, but why would Tenno care about depressurization? Afterall, they do ride on the outside of their ship when the escape.

Well, only for a very short period of time, if you watch the end mission animation they're actually a little hatch that closes over you after a few seconds.

Yeah I was gonna ask that in a separate thread... I mean, who designed the warframes without NBCV protection, geez! I guess it's just a gameplay thing, tho, kind of like how cold damages your shields. :)

On topic, I just worry that features like this might make the NPCs too-easy a target for clever players. Even though it was my suggestion. :P

Edited by Qeveren

I've never noticed this before, but why would Tenno care about depressurization? Afterall, they do ride on the outside of their ship when the escape.

They actually don't ride on the outside. If you look closely when you're flying away, doors close over you, so you're only in space for a few seconds.

EDIT: tenno'd by Theowningone

Edited by DaBauce