Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need assistance with Clan Emblem Making

(PSN)KorgCrimson

Question

Okay I have researched what I need to do in order to make a clan emblem. However gathering an assortment of information from separate threads and wiki pages can be quite the headache when it comes to completely understanding something. To make sure I understand as I should be. This is the information I have gathered. What I want from you guys is confirmation that the information is correct, and should be followed. As well as fill ins for any information that I am missing.

Payment: I do understand that the emblem in question is just a small 30 plat, and that I will need to pay an additional 150 plat to have an emblem uploaded to my clan. I also understand completely that the image may be rejected and will take time before I find out if it has been rejected or approved.

Transparency: Probably the biggest controversy I have seen with clan emblems is transparency. From what I have gathered is that all transparent areas will need to be straight black or 0,0,0 on the RGB scale. If I send a png image with a transparent background, I am most likely going to see pure black as my background rather than the transparency I desire. Knowing that any areas desired need to be 0,0,0 on the RGB scale to be transparent on the final result. I will need to make anything I want solid, but black, to be slightly higher on the scale to avoid it being transparent. Like say....1,1,1 (I don't understand RGB color scaling that well.) This is the biggest question I have on making my clan emblem.

Size: All images need to be 125x125 correct? Shouldn't be a big deal.

Tools to make: It looks like photoshop is ideal with gimp being a last resort. Thank god I have access to photoshop, but I would certainly like more input on tools I can use to make the emblem. I am savvy with image design (Even though calculating RGB is not my forte), so if there are other tools that can make this easier. I would love to hear them.

This about covers it. I hope to hear from you guys and thank you in advance for the help.

2 answers to this question

one thing I figured out is to not just find a random picture you like and just upload its 128x128 (Exact size) pixel img because the emblem will turn out crappy when you see it ingame. Get a professional customize your preferred emblem.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KorgCrimson said:

Knowing that any areas desired need to be 0,0,0 on the RGB scale to be transparent on the final result. I will need to make anything I want solid, but black, to be slightly higher on the scale to avoid it being transparent. Like say....1,1,1 (I don't understand RGB color scaling that well.) This is the biggest question I have on making my clan emblem.

You are correct, anything that isn't 0,0,0 will show as a color, even if it is 0,0,1. I discovered it the bad way...

ur ago, (PS4)KorgCrimson said:

Tools to make: It looks like photoshop is ideal with gimp being a last resort. Thank god I have access to photoshop, but I would certainly like more input on tools I can use to make the emblem.

Don't worry about the tools. Use anything that you feel better to use. Just don't save as JPEG. It will scramble your transparency with other colors. PNG is always good.