Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Penta build?

(XBOX)simo949

Question

I want to try something different.
I already saw on Warframe Builder builds with the usual Serration, Heavy Caliber and Split chamber, then elemental mods, vile acceleration, adhesive blast (Does it still deal extra damage?)
Is this build good?

2 answers to this question

Adhesive Blast no longer adds extra damage, but is still good on the Penta for the tactical advantage it provides. You can set grenades and detonate them at a time you deem worthy for maximum damage potential. You can set multiple to destroy entire groups. You could set one on an enemy, wait for it to get near friends and blast it to kill more enemies with one grenade.

I'm not sure about Vile Acceleration, as I can't really see what you'd use that extra fire rate for. The whole reason to use Adhesive Blast is to work smarter, not harder, and doesn't really synergize very well with spamming grenades really fast. You could add more explosion radius instead, via Firestorm. Other than that, the build seems fine.

It does so much damage that it doesn't even matter how you build it, use whatever and have fun with it. I go with firebombs if i want to see the enemies writhe in flaming agony lol.

Looking at my unforma'd one, it uses

Serration
3 of 90% elemental damage mods
2 of the 60% status mods because there's no space (the 22% status is alright though)
Heavy Cal R12 (I don't know if it even gets affected by accuracy reduction, no noticeable difference so maybe you an max it out)
Ammo Mutation Unranked (essentially you get infinite ammo, you can't waste it fast enough)

Murders everything by detonating the grenades above mobs.

I'd probably fit the last 90% element mod plus Firestorm if possible.

I never understood the Split Chamber, everything dies in one hit anyway, why do you want to shoot two grenades? Might as well use a utility mod in its place. I guess Split Chamber is better against lv100s or whatever.

Edited by MechaTails