Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Dilemma And Some Suggestions To Fix It

ScorpDK

From the last few weeks of gameplay:

P: Secret rooms with 100% red lockers

S: flag these as "high yield", make seeking them out worth it by having (almost) everything in them unlocked and filled with lots of goodies

P:Very few unlocked Lockers nowadays

S: Increase likelihood for normal lockers to be unlocked, maybe add different types of lockers that only Master Thieves can potentially unlock, to give more incentive to use said mod.

P: Empty Containers and lockers all over the map (out of every 10 working lockers, 2-4 are usually empty, others may contain literally only 15 credits or 1 ammo pack for the gun you don't even have)

S: Not sure how the current system works, but I guess a "loot value" system based on the map's enemy levels, multiplied by a random number, becoming the capacity of the locker, which is then filled with as much items until said cap is reached. The random number can't be 0, so all containers have something in them, with better loot at higher levels.

P: Bosses drop too much things you don't want from them, and not the things you actually expect and need (like Control Modules for Clantech weapons)

S: Make two different loot tables. One for their main loot, and one for bonus loot. This ensures that Fieldron Samples, Ferrite and other secondary drop materials don't replace Control Modules, which are more of the primary drop.

P: Both Orange and Blue Resource drops (randomly) despawn after several seconds

S: Don't allow them to despawn unless quite a bit of time passed (similar to ammo and energy orbs, if not longer)

P: Too much ammo littering the floor. Most of it useless to your character since the ammo is instanced for each party member anyway.

S: Replace the various ammo types with "Primary" and "Secondary" Ammo, which gives the appropriate amount of bullets/arrows/bolts as dictated by the weapon itself. Everyone can use the ammo, less clutter.

first to little when it comes to orbs and ammo drops because they despawn so fast, then you said they litter the ground. Make up your mind. It is one or the other. Also this is still beta and the loot tables as far as I have seen are currently low priority because of the current end game. Once they get a full story and end game I am sure these will change again.

The master thief supposed to unlock red lockers but oh well.

It is supposed to give you a chance at unlocking red lockers, yes. However, that doesn't mean that you're forced to bring it along just to get something. There needs t be a safe margin so it doesn't become a must-have mod for every mission (kinda how Handstand is a mod that many believe should be a basic ability and the mod card just speeds up the recovery time). Obviously there's need for some tweaking there still.

first to little when it comes to orbs and ammo drops because they despawn so fast, then you said they litter the ground. Make up your mind. It is one or the other. Also this is still beta and the loot tables as far as I have seen are currently low priority because of the current end game. Once they get a full story and end game I am sure these will change again.

I said Resources. That's Ferrite, Alloy Plates, Fieldron Samples, etc. THOSE despawn fast.

Ammo (and Orbs) stays around for a good few minutes and drops from ENEMIES quite a lot. And THAT'S where it starts to liter the floor in any area where you have several dozen coming at you (defense maps, usually). Most of it useless since you can't use all 4 weapon types at once.

Didn't expect I had to clarify this even further.

Edited by ScorpDK