Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Sentinel Weapon, and melee question

ValconExe

Question

Two questions here.

First of all, what is the best or some of the best sentinel weapons ATM?

Second, I'm around Europa.  Is it OK, that I'm still heavily using melee weapons to do everything?  My guns (Latron and Aklex) don't feel like they're doing any damage, as compared to my sword (dual heat swords) which feel like they're really strong.  Is it OK that I'm still using my melee weapons a lot, or should I start using the guns a lot more, and get used to them?

Edit: By the way, all of these weapons are rank 30

Edited by ValconExe
needed to add something

5 answers to this question

1. Sentinel weapons Sweeper Prime (from Carrier Prime) and Vulklok (from Diriga) are pretty good (sentinel) weapons.

2. Melees are fine, since gun mods are generally harder to level up IMO (serration/hornet strike compared to pressure point) and harder to mod (melee has stances, meaning +10 mod points for proper slotting).

Edit: Aklex and Latron are mainly puncture-type damage, so they do less damage generally to shields (from corpus), so expect less damage from them (unless proper elemental modding).

Edited by p3z1

Oh, I hadn't realized that they both did the same primary type of damage.  Thanks!

Also, the reason my swords are so much stronger is because, yeah, I do have a high level Pressure Point, at the rank where it gives +80% damage,  whereas my serration and hornet strike are both damaged, and rank 1.

Edited by ValconExe

Sentinel weapons? 

Prime sentinel weapons are best, djinn's toxic dart is a good one because it actually seems to always proc toxin, carrier's shotgun is high power once modded and Helios' weapon is pretty strong but it's damage type shifting makes it somewhat inconsistent.  Wyrm Prime's laser rifle is good with overheat and a strong mod setup....but wyrm prime was just vaulted and you probably don't have one.

at higher levels you'll want to melee less simply because the risk will be quite high. However, a solid melee weapon and frame can melee well enough to get you through the star map though you'll still want a decent gun for boss battles. Most people start to transition to firearms or abusing their frame powers by level 40-50 enemies if they haven't already. You really don't want to be melee'ing grineer bombards with weapons after a certain level unless you're built specifically to do that kind of thing.

9 hours ago, ValconExe said:

Oh, I hadn't realized that they both did the same primary type of damage.  Thanks!

Also, the reason my swords are so much stronger is because, yeah, I do have a high level Pressure Point, at the rank where it gives +80% damage,  whereas my serration and hornet strike are both damaged, and rank 1.

You need to work on that. Like, immediately. Mods make or break weapons and not properly modding a weapon is why it underperforms. Look at the wikia, find the mods you want to get and see what enemies drop them. Go kill those enemies until you get one. Use the fusion cores that drop to level up the harder to obtain mods you don't have multiples of.