Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crushing Ruin VS Shattering Storm for Fragor Prime

Dekallis

Question

I'm torn, I love shattering storms damage bonuses on it's combos and it's rmb combo is pretty nice, however crushing ruin unquestionably has better,smoother animations that swing the hammer in more controlled arcs less likely to whiff unlike some of shattering's combo's. But.....it doesn't hit quite as hard, except with it's pause combo.

Between the two I'm likely to only use two combos on either:

Shattering storms falling rock(for that AoE double slam) and Pounding smite(Wrecks single target and anything near it) combo's are probably all i'd use because smashing fury is just all kinds of impractical with it's swing animations.

Whereas Crushing ruin:

Shattered Village would get used because I like the combo it's got incredible forward momentum and multi hits with increased damage to boot though the pause is a bit awkward without a lot of aspd the spinning swings hit everything along the way and that's a really nice property to have.

Raging Whirlwind on the other hand would probably be my smash face general combo. Winding temper seemed a bit awkward due to the hold back and doesn't have any bonus properties to speak of.

But between the two stances I can't decide which is better for my fragor, So i'm hoping someone who spends ample amounts of time melee'ing and/or wielding hammers can help me make a decision. I didn't use hammers much after the magistar came out all shiny looking and disappointed me and somehow I just never got around to abusing the jat kitty because I was too busy cleaving things with scindo and/or galatine. 

1 answer to this question