Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any frames going on ps4 for my first plat purchase?

(PSN)Emo_Viking

Question

So i just maxed my excalibur frame out and im looking for a new frame to play, i just bought 75 plat but im wondering does anybody have a frame available for this, or should i just buy loki? Im a new player and this'll only be my 2nd frame, i'd prefer something that plays a bit different to my excalibur where i just permanently keep exalted blade up

Edited by (PS4)S1R_RHY5

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)S1R_RHY5 said:

So i just maxed my excalibur frame out and im looking for a new frame to play, i just bought 75 plat but im wondering does anybody have a frame available for this, or should i just buy loki? Im a new player and this'll only be my 2nd frame, i'd prefer something that plays a bit different to my excalibur where i just permanently keep exalted blade up

I recommend that you farm for the normal frames and spend plat on warframe slots, weapon slots, orokin reactors/catalysts and Cosmetics (and Prime Items) only. Depends on you usual available playtime, I'll gladly help you farm for the normal frames. I usually login around 6PM EST (US Time). Leave me a PSN message if you're interested.

Edit: As for joining a clan, I suggest finding a small tight-knit group (30 members or less). Smaller size clan are more interactive and provide better one-on-one help (usually).

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

You'd be better off spending plat on warframe and weapon slots.  You can farm the warframe parts from boss levels.  For example, rhino parts are dropped by the Venus boss jackal.

im actually working on rhino at the moment, i still need the system Blueprint though and excalibur is kind of boring me so i just need something else to play around with really

Don't waste money on easily farmed frames and since you're new you have quite a few frames that will be accessible to you soon via farming.  Spend the money on Warframe slots, weapons slots, cosmetics or other items that are platinum only.  After you've farmed a few frames, and know that you'll be playing for a bit then you might want to consider spending plat on the harder to get frames.  Also join a clan so you can buy with credits the parts blueprints and the Warframe blueprints for Banshee, Wukong, Zephyr and Volt.  If the clan you join doesn't have them researched then it'll be a fun project. Happy grinding Tenno. 

Edited by (XB1)AtlongsterATL

I would say save you plat to spend on character / weapon slots and reactors/catalysts all characters apart from a few primes that have been vaulted can be farmed in game without the need to buy them. buying character slots will allow you to change frames which can change how the game plays keeping it interesting.

Seeing as you almost have rhino finished I wold focus on getting him, he is a great staring frame to get as he can use iron skin to help keep you alive in areas you maybe struggling in as being a new player, he also is very helpful in getting new frames from the other bosses as you can tank the damage  

Never buy warframes or weapons with platinum, instead of trading for prime stuff. Spend it on slots so you can spend more time on the game and you can also progress by killing the bosses and get the frames. Also anything bot in the market is in the clan dojo. Join a good clan with most things researched so it will help. And don't stick to rhino too long for try other frames too.

Edited by (PS4)Nukerxero123

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Nukerxero123 said:

Never buy warframes or weapons with platinum, instead of trading for prime stuff. Spend it on slots so you can spend more time on the game and you can also progress by killing the bosses and get the frames. Also anything bot in the market is in the clan dojo. Join a good clan with most things researched so it will help. And don't stick to rhino too long for try other frames too.

Everyone is recommending joining a clan, but there's never anything available in the recruiting chat on ps4, should i just ask around on there? Or we would it be better to look for one on here. Also could you give me some advice on places to farm materials? i have some of the materials such as the orokin cells, however, i cant seem to grind materials at a decent rate with the parts of the

starmap i have unlocked

34 minutes ago, (PS4)tknowles said:

I would say save you plat to spend on character / weapon slots and reactors/catalysts all characters apart from a few primes that have been vaulted can be farmed in game without the need to buy them. buying character slots will allow you to change frames which can change how the game plays keeping it interesting.

Seeing as you almost have rhino finished I wold focus on getting him, he is a great staring frame to get as he can use iron skin to help keep you alive in areas you maybe struggling in as being a new player, he also is very helpful in getting new frames from the other bosses as you can tank the damage  

I have a full set of blueprints for nyx prime too (picked em up for 50 pt, cause i thought it would be pretty easy to farm the materials, i was wrong) would it be better to just go straight for nyx, or rhino then nyx? Skill level isnt really an issue, im not amazing at it, but im running Excalibur at the moment with barely any good mods (max melee damage mod on duel heat swords and max shield mod on WF), and im not dying that much, im surviving about 30 minutes on saturn? survival

11 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I recommend that you farm for the normal frames and spend plat on warframe slots, weapon slots, orokin reactors/catalysts and Cosmetics (and Prime Items) only. Depends on you usual available playtime, I'll gladly help you farm for the normal frames. I usually login around 6PM EST (US Time). Leave me a PSN message if you're interested.

Edit: As for joining a clan, I suggest finding a small tight-knit group (30 members or less). Smaller size clan are more interactive and provide better one-on-one help (usually).

that'd be great, i normally play from around 11pm - 4-5am UK time ( Around 7pm until 1am in your time zone i believe?)

14 minutes ago, (PS4)S1R_RHY5 said:

that'd be great, i normally play from around 11pm - 4-5am UK time ( Around 7pm until 1am in your time zone i believe?)

Fantastic! That will work. Perhaps, you will want to look into the available frames and their powers/gameplay and see which one interest you. We can focus on those first.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

I

5 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Fantastic! That will work. Perhaps, you will want to look into the available frames and their powers/gameplay and see which one interest you. We can focus on those first.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

to be perfectly honest, i'd been looking at rhino from the start, but after looking through them all it'd be a decision between frost or rhino i think. Frost seems like he'd be a bit better later into the game, but rhino seems like he'd let me survive much easier, which would you say is better out of the two?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)S1R_RHY5 said:

I

to be perfectly honest, i'd been looking at rhino from the start, but after looking through them all it'd be a decision between frost or rhino i think. Frost seems like he'd be a bit better later into the game, but rhino seems like he'd let me survive much easier, which would you say is better out of the two?

Every frame is good for something provided you'll adjust play-style accordingly to the strength/purpose of that particular warframe. Both Frost and Rhino are tanky more durable frames (from a beginner perspective).

1. Frost is more defensive
    • Cast snowglobe
    • Stay inside and shoot
  2. Rhino is more offensive
    • Cast Iron skin
    • Run around and shoot

You'll have a less stressful time with solo-ing most mission types with Frost, but Rhino will clear mission quicker. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Every frame is good for something provided you'll adjust play-style accordingly to the strength/purpose of that particular warframe. Both Frost and Rhino are tanky more durable frames (from a beginner perspective).

1. Frost is more defensive
    • Cast snowglobe
    • Stay inside and shoot
  2. Rhino is more offensive
    • Cast Iron skin
    • Run around and shoot

You'll have a less stressful time with solo-ing most mission types with Frost, but Rhino will clear mission quicker. 

Hmm, i think i'll start with rhino then. faster clears means faster farming and stuff, there's no point slowing myself needlessly for the earlier missions i think.
So does that mean rhino->Frost would be faster than frost-rhino? due to faster clears? cause i want them both eventually anyway

If youre dead set on buying one regardless, go for volt, I think he's pretty good specially for capture and exterminate as he can run really fast, plus he will have his own slot and reactor installed, otherwise use plat for slot and reactors

4 minutes ago, (PS4)S1R_RHY5 said:

Hmm, i think i'll start with rhino then. faster clears means faster farming and stuff, there's no point slowing myself needlessly for the earlier missions i think.
So does that mean rhino->Frost would be faster than frost-rhino? due to faster clears? cause i want them both eventually anyway

With the whole current star-chart cleared, there is no "order" to getting most normal frames. We can get both back to back. What it boils down to is which one you want to craft first provided you're lacking in resources. Use Rhino for solo missions (e.g. exterminate, capture, deception, etc.) and Frost for defensive (e.g. Defense, mobile defense, etc.).

13 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

With the whole current star-chart cleared, there is no "order" to getting most normal frames. We can get both back to back. What it boils down to is which one you want to craft first provided you're lacking in resources. Use Rhino for solo missions (e.g. exterminate, capture, deception, etc.) and Frost for defensive (e.g. Defense, mobile defense, etc.).

I think rhino will be better first then, cause i only need the blueprint for his system then i'll be okay. Ive already got his chasis and only need 100 rubedo and 2 neural sensors for his helmet and i already have actual rhino bp too to combine them ^^