Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should i make faction loadouts based on the damage types

Bagano220

Question

So there is puncture, slash, and impact. And i know that those all do more damage to certain faction types. I'm wondering if its a good idea to make loadouts for fighting each faction, or if its those damage types dont make enough of a difference to warrant that. 

8 answers to this question

you hould definately do that.

here's an example:

after a certain level most grineer units have alloy armor (with the exception of heavy gunners and maybe a few other)

if you mod your gun to have radiation damage (electric+heat) it will bypass 75% of their armor, practically doing 4x damage.

however, if you bring the same loadout against corpus, you'll have a hard time dealing with their shields, because it is resistant against radiation. you should switch heat to cold to get magnetic damage, which deals 4x damage to shields.

so you can get 16x damage just by choosing the right elemental over the worst one.

check the codex if you have scanned most enemies, or the wiki if you didn't to learn the enemy.

on a side note, i wouldn't care too much about the weapons base damage type (slash/impact/puncture) because if you add 3 elemental mods (you should add at least 2 elementals 100% of the time) only ~30% of the total damage will be physical, and it is further divided to slash/impact/puncture

also it is easier to potato/forma 1 weapon and then switch loadouts then maxing 3 weapons.

bonus thoughts:

after a certain point (when you have access to the most OP weapons, and have maxed serration and such) even elemental damage type won't matter until ~lvl50 (the whole starchart) because you'll kill napalms the moment you see them even with pure magnetic damage (one of the worst choices against grineer)

don't get lazy! if you don't learn how to mod right, you'll get your back and handed to yourself in sorties/raids/endless void missions/whatever will come in future updates

Damage types make a huge difference. This is where modding properly comes in.

Just remember not every enemy of the faction has the same vulnerabilities, so it isn't as easy as your main weapon being A for x, B for y, C for z. It is usually one weapon for the majority of enemies you will encounter and another for the odd ones out.

Incidentally did you think it is coincidence that every weapon has 3 loadouts?

Edited by Wopel

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

? Radiation doesn't bypass armor. Nothing but finisher does. You sure get the bonus damage for the part but that's about it.

it might be patched out while i was missing (recently started playing again) but the %armor ignore mechanic exists (or existed)

google "warframe radiation armor ignore"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2pe1yl/damage_modifiers_against_armour_also_determine/

this means that to even damage a lvl100 armored boss you need to apply the correct elemental

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

it might be patched out while i was missing (recently started playing again) but the %armor ignore mechanic exists (or existed)

google "warframe radiation armor ignore"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2pe1yl/damage_modifiers_against_armour_also_determine/

this means that to even damage a lvl100 armored boss you need to apply the correct elemental

Pretty sure you're right about that (i'm also convinced that this applied to corrusion as well for quite a while) but it must've been nerfed like 1-1,5 years ago.

Nowadays, it just isn't worth playing for radiation if you're planning to go endless. (Except for strategys of course. A weapon with high status and spread is a valuable CC tool.)

The only elements that are worth it damage wise are corrusion (armor depell, CP and abilitys are still stronger tho), viral (hp1/2, in reality damage x2) and slash (maybe even mag for corpus, poison/viral+slash >mag tho).

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

So im probably going to build a load out for each faction on one of the loadouts for my weapons, just to make things easier to mod, but i'm curious if there's any straight up all around good damage type+elemental status effect that would perform well against every faction, for like void missions or something like that where you fight multiple factions at the same time. Or if its really up to you and your play style

Edited by Bagano220

As Wopel stated, damage types DO make a difference.

In saying that, I found it tiresome to constantly switch weapon configurations before each mission.

What I do now is have my primary with corrosive and heat, as I find that works best for general play, with my secondary as viral and heat.

Note that, this is just for the 'A' configs of primaries and secondaries.

I also sometimes have a config C on the weapon for specific loadouts.

Notable examples that come to mind at the moment include:
- Bladestorm Ash Loadout: Body Count + Viral Karyst
- Bless Trinity Loadout: Primed Bane of Grineer + Radiation Lex (Mainly for LoR[NM]) | Toxin Glaive Prime
- Spore Saryn Prime Loadout: Gas Status Lanka | Gas Status Hikou

And even fun ones like:
- Laser Show Secura Dual Cestras

JR1w7lg.png

Edited by ---Shadowless---

17 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

you hould definately do that.

here's an example:

Hide contents

after a certain level most grineer units have alloy armor (with the exception of heavy gunners and maybe a few other)

if you mod your gun to have radiation damage (electric+heat) it will bypass 75% of their armor, practically doing 4x damage.

however, if you bring the same loadout against corpus, you'll have a hard time dealing with their shields, because it is resistant against radiation. you should switch heat to cold to get magnetic damage, which deals 4x damage to shields.

so you can get 16x damage just by choosing the right elemental over the worst one.

check the codex if you have scanned most enemies, or the wiki if you didn't to learn the enemy.

on a side note, i wouldn't care too much about the weapons base damage type (slash/impact/puncture) because if you add 3 elemental mods (you should add at least 2 elementals 100% of the time) only ~30% of the total damage will be physical, and it is further divided to slash/impact/puncture

also it is easier to potato/forma 1 weapon and then switch loadouts then maxing 3 weapons.

bonus thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

after a certain point (when you have access to the most OP weapons, and have maxed serration and such) even elemental damage type won't matter until ~lvl50 (the whole starchart) because you'll kill napalms the moment you see them even with pure magnetic damage (one of the worst choices against grineer)

don't get lazy! if you don't learn how to mod right, you'll get your back and handed to yourself in sorties/raids/endless void missions/whatever will come in future updates

? Radiation doesn't bypass armor. Nothing but finisher does. You sure get the bonus damage for the part but that's about it.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108