Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Combos!

souvrin

Question

Hey guys! So I started playing Warframe when U11 came out I believe, and I played for a awhile and stopped before the Archwing update came. I came back to Warframe about a couple weeks ago and I was starting to remember why I loved this game so much. The gameplay! More specifically, the melee combat! Anyways, as of now, Im usually using Loki Prime with my Broken War, and the damage numbers im seeing are amazing! except im seeing a few things that I could improve. One of the things im still not sure about are the best elemental combos versus specific factions. From what I remember, the following is the best (correct me if im wrong)

Grineer- Radiation/Toxin

Corpus- Magnetic/ Toxin

Infested- Corrosive/Heat

Void- Corrosive/Cold

Now the main reason im wondering all this, is because there are some mods id like to put on my broken war, BUT there simply isn't any room because 3 of the slots I use for elemental damage mods (Radiation/Toxin for example), though I saw a build on YouTube in which they only had two builds (instead of faction builds) a build for armored targets (which he only used Corrosive damage) and a build for targets with no armor (which he used Viral)

Also what do you guys think about Blood Rush+Body Count? Should I definitely make room for them on my Broken War build and how so? 

Can anyone help me out and give me some tips? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I have used Loki + Beserker on Broken War with success, so I would think Blood Rush and Body Count would work also but they are not necessary.  If you do, I would still try to keep 2 spots open for an elemental combo based on the faction you are facing.  However, others who are very strict about min/maxing might say a weapon should have 20% or more critical chance for a crit build (like Nikana P, Scindo P, War, ect).  

For the elemental combos, this warframe wiki page (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0) will give better information since you can tab between different enemy types to see what elemental combos would give you bonus damage against the units you expect to fight.  Some elemental combos will work better against the regular units, while another might work better against the bosses of the same faction.  

Hope this helps without being too vague.