Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/Weapon recommendations?

TheGodofWiFi

Question

Hello everybody. I started this game three days ago and I'm really enjoying it, the variety of weapons, the freedom of movement, the customisation system. But the excalibur frame I picked at the start isn't really that good, so I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a new player.

Also first post on the forums yay!

One of the best frames when you are new to the game in rhino. Once you get iron skin you can just activate it and you are really tanky. + once you get some efficiency mods you can also use your other abilities. The great thing is really that you don't need a lot of mods and most importantly not very rare mods to get a lot out of iron skin.

Excalibur is really good once you have a build that's let you use your exalted blade a lot.

Loki is great for running stealth. You can throw a built together for him that let's you stay invisible all the time without even using a reactor or any forma. It won't be able to do much else, but at least it let's you run spy missions without any problem.

For weapons it really depends on what you like.

Tigris and hek are great shotguns. The zhuge is another weapon you can get at mastery rank 0 and it scales quite well. I used the boltor for a long time.

For secondaries if you just want a strong gun, grab a lex. And sooner or later you should try to get your hands on a staticor, it does basically everything.

For melee I used the regular orthos for a long time. Melee also depends a lot on what stances you find, because they can add a lot to your mod capacity and they can increase your damage by a lot.

In general just try out as much as possible. There is also a lot of good content on youtube where you find out how good weapons will be later on. Most of them don't focus on the lower levels, but there it won't make a huge difference and you can get through most missions with any weapon or frame.

Gonna briefly overview Excalibur

Excalibur has a passive that makes Sword based weapons 10% faster and deal 10% more damage (stacks with mods)

Excalibur's stats are all pretty average across the board (100 Health, Shields, Energy, 1.0 Sprint) except armor, which is tied for 8th highest along with Saryn Prime and Wukong at 225

Compared to the other starters: Excalibur has lower shields (Volt and Mag both have 150, Only Frost Prime has higher shields), but much higher armor (Mag is tied for 3rd lowest armor value at 65, Volt is tied for lowest at 15)

Excalibur's abilities consist of the following

Slash Dash: A direct damage ability that deals high slash damage and can chain across enemies. Has an augment that increases melee counter

Radial Blind: A hard crowd control ability that blinds enemies, stunning them, and setting them up for melee finishers. Has an augment that increases finisher damage

Radial Javelin: An area of effect ability that launches high damaging javelins at targets. Has an augment that increases your melee damage for every enemy hit

Exalted Blade: An Exalted weapon that launches sword beams, base power runs off your passive, melee combo counter, Power strength mods, and the mods on your melee weapon.

The thing with Excalibur is he needs a strong melee weapon with melee mods to be effective. If you don't have Pressure Point installed and maxed on your melee weapon (using fusion cores), that would be a good thing to do. For a next melee, I would recommend Orthos. It has good range, 6 meter knockdown, and does good damage. That will also improve the 1, 2, and 4 Excalibur abilities. When you use him, try using ability 2 (the blind) to stun enemies, then melee them while they're blind. These attacks will do additional damage, and the blind will keep you from getting attacked if you don't shoot loudly without moving.

If you still aren't a fan of Excalibur, I'm going to break with the rest and say try Ember or Frost. Ember is the fire frame, with good damage that can also stun enemies by lighting them on fire (surprise). Her fourth ability creates eruptions of fire beneath enemies, and these will make it easier for you to kill enemies. Her first ability is a fire projectile, useful if you're not in melee range yet. Her second triples the amount of damage fire does, and her third knocks down and blows back enemies in a wide radius.

Frost is about cold, and is more defensive than Ember. His first freezes an enemy, again useful like Ember's first. His second creates an ice wave that slows targets in a wide radius and does damage. His third creates a protective globe that forces enemies to enter melee range to damage you, and his fourth freezes enemies in a wide radius. The only thing is, he's pretty slow. But his abilities make his enemies slower.

The reason I wouldn't go with Rhino or Valkyr, as someone who did so when I was new, is those guys make the early portion of the starchart very easy. That's good, until you get to later levels or want to try a new frame, at which point you might end up having to learn the game "for real". If that doesn't bother you though, those might be the frames to go for. Chroma's gonna be kind of a pain to get as a new player, and I think Loki is best appreciated after you've played a decent amount.

good beginner choice would be Loki he is really mobile when it comes to combat situations 

he is able to Disarm ppl with is 4th skill aka Redial disarm able to disarm mobs from range with mods you will be able to extend the range of disarm,

he is also able to go invis with is 2 

but in the end you will need to use all Frames + weps its not you can only stick to a single wep and frame yes it is possible but you wont progress your mastery rank,

Edited by -CM-Zura
typos