Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Or Dread?

Dtexas

I have Paris and do enjoy using it. I recently got dread to drop from stalker and don't know weather I should sell Paris and use Dread, or just keep my Paris (in an overall stand point).

I know Dread has higher base dmg but doesnt have innate armor ignore like Paris does.

What are other peoples experiences?

I got both to 30. I'd definetely say Dread, not only that it has higher base damage, it also got 2x V polarities perfect for Serration and Multishot. You'll feel really weak with it in the beginning, specially against Grineer, but once it's higher rank it trumps over Paris.

I say keep both depending if you want to impale enemies, or just outright slice them open. At least that's how I view it.

I've got both myself, mine is almost maxed out and I switch between the two depending on the situation. Paris is nice against Grineer and Corpus, Dread is good against Infested or most of the time. Not sure how they compare to using them against those ancients, but some well-placed shots and they'll go down quick with either weapon. Especially now that both can go boom; if you got thunderbolt.

I say keep both depending if you want to impale enemies, or just outright slice them open. At least that's how I view it.

I've got both myself, mine is almost maxed out and I switch between the two depending on the situation. Paris is nice against Grineer and Corpus, Dread is good against Infested or most of the time. Not sure how they compare to using them against those ancients, but some well-placed shots and they'll go down quick with either weapon. Especially now that both can go boom; if you got thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt is a terrible mod...please no...

You are...mistaken...?

Dread can oneshot without mods...

The arrows are Pokeballs...

Pokeballs are spheres, not the top half of a circular lollipop.

Dread can't one-shot without mods unless headshot. Can't even one-shot level 1 enemies. That nonsense threw me for a loop when I started up Mercury to try it out my first time.

Edited by FatalX7

Pokeballs are spheres, not the top half of a circular lollipop.

Dread can't one-shot without mods unless headshot.

Point one...proved...

They could be old unused Pokeballs used for the greater good of eviscerating Grineer...? :3

Paris.

Dread can't one shot anything without mods. :< And it's arrows look like candy. :<<

I Know right those arrows :S I dislike it how DE made it they should change it fast fast

You are...mistaken...?

Dread can oneshot without mods...

The arrows are Pokeballs...

Pokeballs or Candy arrows it's just the same S H I T. DE better change it :(

Dread has less drop, faster projectile speed, and higher crit damage.

Really? But it's arrows look ugly e.e

EDIT:  I use Paris . When I get Dread I will try it

Edited by demonaii