Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Nyx's Psychic Bolts.

--Q--Mrow

Hello tenno,

Some time after last update, while playing Nyx, I noticed that Psychic Bolts are nerfed but i such a stupid way! This skill is useless now, when using it, bolts are flying in every direction hitting floor, obstacles BUT NO ENEMIES. It's PSYCHIC bolts, it should pass through obstacles, and hit enemies. Now when I use it i feel lucky if just 1 bolt hit the target.. It's the most annoying thing in game last time..

What do You think?

Yeah, they really shouldn't be affected by obstacles. Maybe thick walls, like at the edges of the map, but they are, as you say, "psychic bolts." They should be projected directly into enemies' heads.

Edited by Meenmu

I have never found them useful, and I play Nyx as my main. They just don't seem to do enough for their energy cost (they run into walls and don't do enough damage). I'd rather save energy for mind control and chaos (and a rare absorb).

They are NOT bolts of Psychic energy,

The ability clearly states that Nyx throws small blades into the air and then uses Telekinetic powers to guide them into her enemies.

They are essentially throwing daggers. They have no right to go through objects.

That said, I love Psychic Bolts and use it to great affect.

Try using it primarily in larger areas with open space, especially in defense missions.

Then, be sure to throw them almost straight up, so that when you look at the enemies you want to target, the bolts rain down on them from the sky.

You will frequently deal 400+ dmg PER BOLT at max rank of the ability.

This ability is great as-is, it was recently buffed in tracking AND damage, leave it alone.

Learn to use it well, and you can dominate Corpus and Grineer in open spaces.

Try using it primarily in larger areas with open space, especially in defense missions.

Then, be sure to throw them almost straight up, so that when you look at the enemies you want to target, the bolts rain down on them from the sky.

This is when they're useful. On the terminal rooms on Grineer mobile defense, that's an area where psychic bolts work out really well and Grineer rollers pretty much become irrelevant. Also, pretty stylish to kill some of the Grineer that like to be above on the small bridges.

Though I've noticed they do triple damage against light infested... which can be useful to a degree, I guess. I don't quite recall my bolts ever hitting 400s against non-infested targets...

Though I've noticed they do triple damage against light infested... which can be useful to a degree, I guess. I don't quite recall my bolts ever hitting 400s against non-infested targets...

Oops, my bad.

The 400 was totally against infested.

That said, I have noticed some good head-shots on Grineer Lancers before.

Overall, the ability is quite good. It is not a replacement for your weapons like Tesla can be, and it won't clear a room like Slash Dash can, but it's a solid ability that really shines in some situations.

Also, if it really comes down to it, you can always point-blank fire all of the bolts into a large enemy.

I love my Nyx and have tried to make Psychic Bolts useful and test ways to maximize their efficiency...but not with much success.

I've noticed unless I aim about 45 degrees upward at least a couple bolts will hit the floor, immediately reducing the damage of the skill by a ton. And unless there are completely no walls or obstacles anywhere about 60 degrees in front of me, a few will hit those things too. You need absolutely pristine conditions to simply have a bunch of bolts not impact with the environment, which is crap.

However, I have noticed that in boss fights, psychic bolts are actually pretty useful. Noticeably on the Jackal, the bolts seem to fly at whatever part of the boss will take damage, and not hit the parts it's immune to. Either that, or they still do damage to parts of the boss that take no damage from regular gunfire. You can actually do a lot of damage to bosses by spamming PB 4 or 5 times with the proper mods.

And...that's really the only time the skill can be useful. And it's not as useful as many other skills with similar functions. And you need a lot of energy to do it. Very meh skill at the moment.

Edited by Mhak