The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Ppl Give More Exp And Mods Fallacy

thatdamnlobster

look lets get this straight, im not saying that the more are on the more they kill. im not challenging that. im saying that the exp is the same if 2 ppl kill 400 and 4 ppl kill 400. thats all im saying. are you saying thats wrong? there have been a couple ppl in my clan that think that the exp is not the same between those.they think the exp multiplies when morre ppl are there

this is true in terms of more ppl killing. im not saying that i, alone can kill mor ethan 4 experienced ppl. im saying that the mod chances of falling down dont increase. that the experience doesnt increase

Edited by thatdamnlobster

Excitonex, on 15 Jun 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

When I tell you an SS will suffice I'm not going to then go and say you shopped it. Either way, I've ran many 2 person and 4 person games and I can tell you there's a noticeable difference in drops per hour.

i didnt say i shopped it, i said ppl could argue i did

look lets get this straight, im not saying that the more are on the more they kill. im not challenging that. im saying that the exp is the same if 2 ppl kill 400 and 4 ppl kill 400. thats all im saying. are you saying thats wrong? there have been a couple ppl in my clan that think that the exp is not the same between those.they think the exp multiplies when morre ppl are there

with the same number of kills the exp is the same.

4 players will cause more spawns and therefore more kills and more exp

600 kills with two players will not give as much exp as 1.2k kills across four players.

i was arguing ppl in my clan think that if we killed 400 enemies with 2 ppl, and 4 players killed 400 that the 4 person squad would get more. thats a fallacy

im talking total kills.

2 player squad 400 kills =normal exp

4 player squad 400 kills = double exp

The four person squad will get more equal experience across all weapons due to the differences in how XP is split when you get the kill compared to when your teammates get the kill.

fallacy^

we are talking about exp given period

i was arguing ppl in my clan think that if we killed 400 enemies with 2 ppl, and 4 players killed 400 that the 4 person squad would get more. thats a fallacy

im talking total kills.

hm.. its sounds very interesting. since there are no guides and no real tests available. more infos are welcome.

It's not a fallacy; more players means more spawns. More spawns means more exp.

Let me know the next time you get 2 people with 400+ kills doing Duo.

friend me. ill show you. 1 person at the pod, one person killing things. ill prove to you its a fallacy

Then you should have paid more attention when giving your rebuttal to me =P

Have you ever tried soloing an Infested defense mission? Each wave takes 3-4 minutes because the Infested spawn one at a time and don't feel like running to you. If someone joins me and even if he afk's the entire time, the Infested spawn faster and run to the cryopod faster, so I can finish the waves faster.

Then you should have paid more attention when giving your rebuttal to me =P

listen, its obvious that i misunderstood you, and you didnt get what i was entirely saying. start over from scratch. i agree with you, we are on the same level, what threw me off was when you wrote "it's not a fallacy; more players means more spawns. More spawns means more exp." i wasnt talking about that. that ws irrelevant, by the tone that you wrote it i thought you were disagreeing with me. i was merely saying that the amount of exp that 1 enemy gives doesnt increase the more ppl in the party. that was the point.

Have you ever tried soloing an Infested defense mission? Each wave takes 3-4 minutes because the Infested spawn one at a time and don't feel like running to you. If someone joins me and even if he afk's the entire time, the Infested spawn faster and run to the cryopod faster, so I can finish the waves faster.

unfortunatly not talking about infested or defense, solely kappa and kiste. spawn doesnt work the same way, one has a spawn budget the other is infinite until time runs out

Excitonex, on 15 Jun 2013 - 3:12 PM, said:

I think the problem is you stated something that mostly everyone on the forums knows already but in a weird way.

this is prolly true, but there were at least n3 ppl in my clan who thought it was another way, so i guess i assumed that it wasnt common knowledge

This is stupid.

More people = More Spawns = More XP

More people = Stuff killed faster = More Spawns per Time = More XP

All of the above for drops.

More people = Better

"Kill stuff faster" is not a substituted for "bring 3 other people". If more things spawn and everyone is kill more things, then there is more total XP and drops floating about for the same amount of time. Which at the end of the day is what this all about. Get the most "stuff" in the most efficient possible way.

It is faster for 4 people to kill 600 enemies then for 1 person to kill the same amount solo. Thus more time to kill more enemies.

======

Yes, while functionally the amount of XP per Trooper does not increase you just end up with more total troopers killed.

=====

Pull your weight, stick within the kill zone around pod, every wins. Don't play Superman and zip about to the extremes of the map to camp spawns.

Edited by Brasten

Brasten, on 15 Jun 2013 - 4:35 PM, said:

This is stupid.

More people = More Spawns = More XP

More people = Stuff killed faster = More Spawns per Time = More XP

All of the above for drops.

More people = Better

"Kill stuff faster" is not a substituted for "bring 3 other people". If more things spawn and everyone is kill more things, then there is more total XP and drops floating about for the same amount of time. Which at the end of the day is what this all about. Get the most "stuff" in the most efficient possible way.

It is faster for 4 people to kill 600 enemies then for 1 person to kill the same amount solo. Thus more time to kill more enemies.

======

Yes, while functionally the amount of XP per Trooper does not increase you just end up with more total troopers killed.

=====

Pull your weight, stick within the kill zone around pod, every wins. Don't play Superman and zip about to the extremes of the map to camp spawns.

still not getting point. moved around it. i agree with all that. all that is irrelevent.

You know that little yellow bar that gets added on to your XP at the end if missions? Well it gets bigger the more team mates you have.

So does that number beside upgrades gained, weird. It's like you're getting more XP and mods the more people that are in a mission.

still not getting point. moved around it. i agree with all that. all that is irrelevent.

Hardly.

The functional point is that XP doesn't scale with more people. HOWEVER:

• More people in non-defense missions increases the overall level of enemies, which does increase XP slightly.

• More people means more spawns, which means more kills, which means more XP.

• More kills in less time (cause 4 people doing stuff is faster then 1 alone) means more XP then you get running solo.

The way you are going about saying the XP is the same comes off as disingenuous and hollow when compared to real play. Only people who are trying to skate on minimal effort (mainly hanging out AFK) are going to find their functional XP gain less by not pulling their weight and killing stuff.

Edited by Brasten

Hardly.

The functional point is that XP doesn't scale with more people. HOWEVER:

• More people in non-defense missions increases the overall level of enemies, which does increase XP slightly.

• More people means more spawns, which means more kills, which means more XP.

• More kills in less time (cause 4 people doing stuff is faster then 1 alone) means more XP then you get running solo.

The way you are going about saying the XP is the same comes off as disingenuous and hollow when compared to real play. Only people who are trying to skate on minimal effort (mainly hanging out AFK) are going to find their functional XP gain less by not pulling their weight and killing stuff.

lol i was merely talking basic machanics, not functional gameplay. i do alot of the heavy lifting, i am never idle. its just that ppl are making points that i agree with and acting like im not agreeing with them i must have wrote that sevevral times now. the only point im making is that exp points dont scale the more ppl are involved. the others are irrelevent. that is all. nothing more. im not talking about spawns, im not talking about how many ppl kill how many. just that exp doesnt scale with more ppl. i agree the more ppl there are the faster things die. i agree that the faster things die the faster they spawn. i know how that all works. im just stating that exp points dont scale. THAT IS ALL. jesus christ Edited by thatdamnlobster

Then maybe you should consider editing your first post and going a bit more indepth. Otherwise it still comes across as a rather unhelpful statement.

Ever play Diablo 2 and use the world command to boost the number of players artificially? Same idea as to why running with 4 people is still ideal. Even in that game enemies of spesific type of spesific level gave a set amount of XP. The advantage of having muliple people (as with Warframe) is that in most mission types the enemies level will increase, resulting in a shade more XP per baddie. With D2 you could use a command to make the engine think there were up to 8 players and level monsters accordingly.