Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Could Use Some Work

aTaVaX

Leveled Flux rifle to 30, put a potato and then a forma in it, have it in the mid teans after first forma currently. 

I feel like the concept for the flux is genuinely very good and fun, but its lacking in some areas. 

The laser feels very precise, and you can almost feel like a surgeon with a scalpel using it, and the horrible ammo efficiency even adds to this by forcing you to use it smartly or run out of ammo.  But then there is one major feature that detracts from this feeling of precision. The clip is too large. Its actually boring to use against any high level mob because you're just keeping the laser on the target and waiting for him to die. Its like you took the precision of a sniper file and married it with the clip of a machine gun and made it shoot foam ammo to compensate. Either the rof needs to be increased or the clip size needs to be decreased or both imo and the dps increased either way. It doesn't have to be too drastic, maybe a 20-30% decrease in the total time to empty an entire clip.

The flux rifle could definitely use a rework, but no no definitely not a mag size reduction.

It feels like you're keeping the laser on an enemy for ages because.. you are. The Flux Rifle is weak. It does very, very low damage compared to nearly every other weapon, and certain mods just don't work with it at all. From personal testing I've just now discovered that Fire Rate mods have no effect on the Flux Rifle, limiting its maximum modded DPS, crippling an already weak weapon.

It needs a huge damage buff, and doesn't deserve a nerf in its current state at all.

Increasing it's damage to 160 should solve this issue (16 dmg per tick) that is ofc unmodded. We can actually compare it to the other armor ignore weapon Boltor. I expect it to outclass the Boltor at least. I mean... 6k ferrite + 5 Fieldrons + a Forma. In the time im getting that i could finish adding 2-3 polarities on the Boltor ( not that it needs that many) and smash the flux rifle off the comparison charts.

Another thing would be actual puncture trough a dead body. Like lets say there is a grineer taking cover behind the shield guy. after the shield guy is dead the laser should move to the guy behind him. Or just straight up 2-3 enemyes the laser passes trough at all times.

Edit: The ignis could use a boost too. Like i feel these 2 weapons should be moved to the shotgun category and have a ammo box of their own.

Edited by Kyryu

I've made a rather long argument for why the clan weapons are sidegrades which I may copy here later.

Regardless, the Flux just by the numbers needs a buff. 160 DPS sounds decent and doesn't make anything obsolete.

I was also thinking about making the Ignis into a shotgun. Perhaps if instead of a stream of flame, it did a plume by using the shotgun pellet system?

Also agree that the flux needs work.

Got mine at lev. 27 atm (maxed fire/electric/arp & a 105% serration) and potatoed & cannot help but notice that the damage takes a huge falloff against enemies with lev. 35 and above. (like in xini after wave 10)

Really like the look & the feeling of the gun but oh boy the damage needs to be buffed.

The flux rifle could definitely use a rework, but no no definitely not a mag size reduction.

It feels like you're keeping the laser on an enemy for ages because.. you are. The Flux Rifle is weak. It does very, very low damage compared to nearly every other weapon, and certain mods just don't work with it at all. From personal testing I've just now discovered that Fire Rate mods have no effect on the Flux Rifle, limiting its maximum modded DPS, crippling an already weak weapon.

It needs a huge damage buff, and doesn't deserve a nerf in its current state at all.

lets say they drastically increase the damage. With the relatively short reload time and much higher dps, would you really need such a large clip? Doesn't a large clip size directly go against the precise feel of the weapon? 

I am one that thinks this weapon is too costly to make for the end result.

I can live with the needed precision to shot the thing, however, what I find too difficult and a mistake on DE's part is the reticule does not accurately point to where the laser will strike.

This needs to be reworked and while doing so give it more power.

I can see it should be weaker if fired in a burst, but when you hold the weapon on a target it should ramp up the damage the longer it is held in place.

Edited by Fiia

Due to the staggering, the precise feel is often disturbed.

i personally wouldn't say the stagger takes away from the feeling of precision, but it doesn't make very much sense that the weapon that fires a projectile with no mass is one of the few that staggers enemies. 

I can live with the needed precision to shot the thing, however, what I find too difficult and a mistake on DE's part is the reticule does not accurately point to where the laser will strike.

This needs to be reworked and while doing so give it more power.

this is a problem with the crosshair on every gun, its only noticeable on the highly accurate ones. I think it primarily has to do with them making the projectile come out of where the end of the gun is. 

The weapon feels great to use, the stagger is actually a good thing once you figure it out, and it even mods well if you ignore Speed Trigger. The damage, however, is poor at best.

Lets do some base DPS calculations:

- Braton: 226

- Boltor: 158.4

- Dera: 248.6

- Grakata: 180

- Gorgon: 300

- Braton MK1: 100.8

- Pre-Buff Dera: 90.4

- Flux Rifle: 80

Yes, you see correctly, the Flux is actually worse than the Braton MK1 and the pre-buff Dera. No weapon that takes 5 control modules, 50 fieldron, 6000 ferrite, 190000 credits, 3.5 days, and a FORMA to make should be worse than the starting weapon. That's not even factoring that you have to be in a clan that has it unlocked...

No ifs, ands, or buts about it: the Flux Rifle needs its damage buffed heavily. 160-180 DPS would be a much better fit given the difficulty of acquisition. While we're at it: the Ignis needs to be buffed up to at least 160 as well given the similar problems that it has.

Lets do some base DPS calculations:

- Braton: 226

- Boltor: 158.4

- Dera: 248.6

- Grakata: 180

- Gorgon: 300

- Braton MK1: 100.8

- Pre-Buff Dera: 90.4

- Flux Rifle: 80

You do realize the Flux Rifle deals armor ignore right?  

It will out *burst DPS nearly every gun on that list vs a single heavy greneer,

well, you look on that list, and you see the Boltor which has twice the dps, Armor ignore, scales with fire rate mod, base crit chance, better range and way superior ammo efficiency. 

Edited by aTaVaX

You do realize the Flux Rifle deals armor ignore right?  

It will out *burst DPS nearly every gun on that list vs a single heavy greneer,

lol no.  Look at this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqj55ekfa8eab2u/Warframe_-_Grineer_-_Dera_vs_Braton_vs_Boltor.xlsx

That's looks at the Boltor with literally twice the DPS of the Flux, so on sheet two for the graphs, imagine the Boltor line being half as high as it is.  That's the Flux.

Ammo is also a problem on this gun. The rifle ammo box is kind of pathetic as it is... add that to its low DPS and the 5 clip ratio and you get to the conclusion this gun needs a ammo box of its own. I don't want to say there is no logic in rifle ammo boxes giving this weapon ammo. I just mean that it should be dumped in the Special section and get a +30 ammo per box at least.

It really is a fun to use gun, I've put a potato in it and leveled it to 30.

But it is so weak in comparison to all of my other guns that I just don't use it anymore, if it had about 10% more dps than the boltor I would definitely pick it back up.

Edited by jayswag

some weapons should be less ammo efficient than others. The base problem isn't that its ammo inefficient its that you can't do the damage to justify using it. 

btw, awhile i thought i tested it and say an increase in dps with the fire rate mod, with how rapidly numbers go by, how are you guys testing to see it has no effect?

Edited by aTaVaX

some weapons should be less ammo efficient than others. The base problem isn't that its ammo inefficient its that you can't do the damage to justify using it. 

btw, awhile i thought i tested it and say an increase in dps with the fire rate mod, with how rapidly numbers go by, how are you guys testing to see it has no effect?

I am assuming they're watching the ammo count.