Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Complaining At The "lack" Of Free Items

Strudul

So:

- You start the game and get a free 50 platinum.

- There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free

- Alerts let you get even more potatoes, forma, blueprints etc for free.

- You can get free Void keys from mission rewards.

- The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

In almost every F2P game I have played:

- You get no free stuff just for making an account

- You get no free stuff just for logging in

- You occasionally get free stuff in events, but these are usually very rare (1 every few months) and are often limited to a select few players

- You are pretty much forced to buy in-game currency if you want cash shop items

Personally, I was surprised by how much DE actually does give us for free, I'm more than happy with it and I don't see how any of you can complain about it.

The game isn't even remotely P2W and is perfectly playable without potatoes, forma, Vauban, void keys, colour palettes, weapon / frame slots and DE are not obliged to give you any of these things. You should be grateful they give you anything at all...

You don't seem to realise that DE is a business and they have to make money. If they give you everything for free, then you are unlikely to buy any platinum; no profits = no Warframe.

If you want more cash shop items, buy some platinum and support DE. Otherwise, stop complaining and be happy with what you have.

Life is like that, when people get a cake, they will want to eat it too. 

When you give them something out of kindness, they will take advantage of your kindness and ask for more.

Can't fully blame the players though, it is human nature. 

Who the F*** wants to have a cake and not eat it? The whole @(*()$ point of getting a cake is to eat it! To say people are spoiled because they want to have a cake and eat it too is completely $&*&*#(%&. It's like saying people are spoiled for wanting to have a bed and sleep in it at night too. What the F*** is the point of a bed that you can't sleep in!?

So:

- There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free

- The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

- You occasionally get free stuff in events, but these are usually very rare (1 every few months) and are often limited to a select few players

- You are pretty much forced to buy in-game currency if you want cash shop items

Personally, I was surprised by how much DE actually does give us for free, I'm more than happy with it and I don't see how any of you can complain about it.

The game isn't even remotely P2W and is perfectly playable without potatoes, forma, Vauban, void keys, colour palettes, weapon / frame slots and DE are not obliged to give you any of these things. You should be grateful they give you anything at all...

You don't seem to realise that DE is a business and they have to make money. If they give you everything for free, then you are unlikely to buy any platinum; no profits = no Warframe.

If you want more cash shop items, buy some platinum and support DE. Otherwise, stop complaining and be happy with what you have.

Been a few weeks or even more... I have yet to see a potato or forma on alert... All i see is credits n artifacts... 

So:

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

True.

However, the RNG needs a fix. For example, if I find a blueprint for Latron prime in a void mission, it ought to be more probable to find (in others void mission) the others parts of the weapon instead of the same % for everything. On this way, at least, a player could create ONE item. It's frustrating to have 2 or 3 BP (Frost Prime, Latron prime, Reaper Prime), and need just one object to create everyone of them...

On this way, maybe a player could be unlucky and find a BP of an item he doesn't like, but at least he could HAVE something, and not a list of BP that can't use for the lack of last components....

With just 3 items, as now, it's difficult to create something (for example, I have a Latron Prime BP, a Reaper prime BP with an handle and a Frost prime BP..... and can't build nothing), imagine when new prime warframe and weapons will be available... A player could take something like 6, 7 or 10 different BP and objects all different without the possibility of build one of them.

That's not good.

Ah, also Formas. People use them a lot, give at least one for free, come on...

Edited by Latronico

Its a saying potatofamine. It means you can't have the best of both worlds. Meaning you cannot play a F2P game and expect to get everything as if you had paid for a full game.

But the saying isn't "you can't have your cake [for free] and eat it [the entire thing by yourself] too." By using that expression you're basically saying that Warframe can be F2P sure, but you're not allowed to play it also. One or the other. Warframe can be F2P OR you can play it.

I guess you haven't felt the horror of selling your waframe just to play another.

I bought potatoes with my 50 platinum so I was / am stuck with 2 frame slots (Excalibur and frost prime). I did however recently buy 570 platinum which I will use to buy more slots and potatoes :D

It may suck to sell a Warframe, but its a sacrifice you have to make if you don't want to spend real money. However, the bright side is that You still get to play the game for free and try out new Warframes.

Yeah, that's the message you want to send to potential customers.

Well it isn't wrong...

Anyone with a background playing other F2P games will recognise that it is more than they usually get. As I said in the OP, most F2P games give you nothing.

However, the RNG needs a fix. For example, if I find a blueprint for Latron prime in a void mission, it ought to be more probable to find (in others void mission) the others parts of the weapon instead of the same % for everything. On this way, at least, a player could create ONE item. It's frustrating to have 2 or 3 BP (Frost Prime, Latron prime, Reaper Prime), and need just one object to create everyone of them...

On this way, maybe a player could be unlucky and find a BP of an item he doesn't like, but at least he could HAVE something, and not a list of BP that can't use for the lack of last components....

It may be frustrating, but it gives you something to work towards - a reason to play the game.

I have played many other games where you can farm items for months without getting a single good item, so to me, the drop rate is pretty good here.

Edited by Strudul

For me,i play free. But i'm not complaining that they have to give us more potato forma bla bla bla. I do like the idea of glaive n vanban, exclusive to alerts only. But items like potato, forma and BP where they said it will be available at alert don't seems to be true recently... 

And you've just described a pretty bad Free to Play game, especially if it's one that forces their players to pay. Bad business.

It's also common in other online games to obtain smaller amounts of inventory for free through gameplay, with a pay option, or to simply have no limit and use loadouts.

Edited by FatalX7

Its a saying potatofamine. It means you can't have the best of both worlds. Meaning you cannot play a F2P game and expect to get everything as if you had paid for a full game.

F2P, B2P and P2P are apples, oranges and coconuts, you can't compare them; unfortunately when you try to compare this game to other F2P games it doesn't count for some reason.

unfortunately when you try to compare this game to other F2P games it doesn't count for some reason.

Because this game ~could be~ one of the best games of all time; in a tier of it's own; setting the standard for future games. I'm betting it will, but there's always a chance it crashes and burns.

That's why there is such passion in this forum.

Edited by Archistopheles

So:

1. You start the game and get a free 50 platinum.

2.There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free

3. Alerts let you get even more potatoes, forma, blueprints etc for free.

4. You can get free Void keys from mission rewards.

5. The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes

1. I have no probs with this

2. Only prob I have is that forma, potatos and any bp you cant get in the market rarely pop.

3. Theres been no potato alerts since the 21st or 25th of may(been so fekking long ive forgotten how long its been) and theres only been one random forma alert to my knowledge. Most complaints are because some items on alerts are only on alerts which means too much waiting and not enough actual playing.

4. These got remedied already

5. Might want to add potatos into this because at the moment potatos are mythically rare on logins and non existant as alerts.

Also dictating to people doesn't seem to work all that well, eventually it bites you on the arse.

Edited by Skeloton

Because this game ~could be~ one of the best games of all time; in a tier of it's own; setting the standard for future games. I'm betting it will, but there's always a chance it crashes and burns.

That's why there is such passion in this forum.

It's good that you have a sense of humor but I'm being serious here.