Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Complaining At The "lack" Of Free Items

Strudul

then your luck is simply bad, if you played for so long without a drop from the daily login. (or maybe you just dont play continuity, as potatos/forma start to drop only after 7 days)

Since the 21st ive not missed a login. Im getting punished for being unlucky? yep feels about right.

Oh and im a #$&(% for forgetting to mention that im Pro-alternative potatos acquisition person. I'd be happy with the alert right now if there was some way that playing a S#&$ load of hours could result in a potato...somehow, be it tokens or like a potato bp fragments-something. 

Since the 21st ive not missed a login. Im getting punished for being unlucky? yep feels about right.

Oh and im a #$&(% for forgetting to mention that im Pro-alternative potatos acquisition person. I'd be happy with the alert right now if there was some way that playing a S#&$ load of hours could result in a potato...somehow, be it tokens or like a potato bp fragments-something. 

they are reworking the systems.

just wait for now. (they are looking into tokens)

oh dear... 

what does it matter "free" here and "free" there... and nothing change the fact: if you want to play warframe for free you will get only FRUSTRATION!

warframe is pay2win!!! don't lie and confuse new players. they will always get the truth. sooner or later

Most free games have dedicated servers, this game does not, so 50% of games are crazy laggy and unplayable.

even 100% if you play mobile defense or just defense all the time. 

multiplayer is in horrible state atm. the game is unplayable. 

Yeah ive noticed. I had a S#&$ idea for an alternative way to get potato bps but it was more a joke; Potato Chips :P

I do get you anger, I mean, I'm swimming in potatos but my supply is starting to run low and I want more without spending my platinum. (saving it for cool colors and cosmetics that cant be earned by playing) 

but i'm staying patient. (probably because I have potatos to spare tho)  

Part of the issue here is that the devs seem to be concentrating on providing "convenience" and "grind-skip" as the main (if not only) source of cashshop purchase. I would love if they sell more (actually, any) cosmetic upgrades, but I guess they've had the data for how well/poorly the palette packs have sold, and they've decided the sales for those are not sustainable.

Now, herein lies the problem of the model. When you are trying to sustain the game financially purely through selling convenience, you are essentially making it purposely inconvenient for the F2P players to progress in the game. That is not a bad thing inherently, but as it is currently implemented, there's lots of room for improvement, and thankfully DE is looking into it and weighing the options.

This would've been less of an issue if the game is centered more on selling cosmetics instead of convenience, as then people can enjoy the full content free, and when they get so into the game, due to the game itself or friends or any number of other reasons, they feel they should/want to invest into cosmetic upgrades to enhance their experience/support the company.

I do get you anger, I mean, I'm swimming in potatos but my supply is starting to run low and I want more without spending my platinum. (saving it for cool colors and cosmetics that cant be earned by playing) 

but i'm staying patient. (probably because I have potatos to spare tho)  

Angry? no but to describe what I would say with the feeling I get is "meh".

then your luck is simply bad, if you played for so long without a drop from the daily login. (or maybe you just dont play continuity, as potatos/forma start to drop only after 7 days)

i have 719 hours on steam. i play since open beta. one potato from logins. no, that is not enough to ENJOY the game. if you call putting 3 underleveled mods into gun modding, then that's just a dumb point of view, mister lucky.

LoL, Dota2 and,TF2 do F2P better, but we can't mention those games on these boards. Tribes and Global Agenda were doing okay until Hi-rez did what Hi-rez does, Tera had a pretty decent thing going apart from the korean level MMO grind which existed even when the game was P2P, same with Aion, Rift just went F2P with a business model similar to Tera's.

You talk as though so many F2P games are so unreasonable but that could not be further from the truth.

Uh... ok?

Tribes and GA had horrible cash shops from inception, Tera's cash shop is beyond bullsh RNG boxes and 20-30 dollar mounts. LoL / DoTA2 / TF2 are all very very different games than this and are PvP / E-Sport centric... Aion / Rift / Tera where all P2P that turned F2P and were sitting on a lot of income generated from box sales before transitioning and had little or no need to re-coup dev costs but have absurd prices on stuff that are almost purely cosmetic and on top of that... they are straight mmorpgs not co-op multi-player tps.

You also neglected to point out those are the very very rare cases compared to the market as a whole.

Does the cash shop need work? Absolutely. That doesn't change that there are like 3 different things that cannot be achieved in game no matter how you cut it.

"meh" is not anger? O: lol

just wait, a potato is bound to show up.

"meh" is like ummm ever do something that wasn't pleasant over and over and over and when it came around again you just sigh and say "here we go again". Apathy is sort of how I feel...starting to no care lol.

Not liking how im spending more time on these forums than Warframe of late.

i have 719 hours on steam. i play since open beta. one potato from logins. no, that is not enough to ENJOY the game. if you call putting 3 underleveled mods into gun modding, then that's just a dumb point of view, mister lucky.

yes. this is what pay2win called. this has nothing to do with fairness.

And they should be grateful people play their game at all.

So you do work for the gratitude not the pay?

If so I have a lot of yard work you can do, you should be grateful that I give you the opportunity to work. I'll hook you up with some lemonade and gratitude.

So you do work for the gratitude not the pay?

If so I have a lot of yard work you can do, you should be grateful that I give you the opportunity to work. I'll hook you up with some lemonade and gratitude.

In an ideal world yes. Then again I'd abolish money in an instant, its the great corruptor of man. EA is a good example of money corrupts :P

And there hasn't been a random generated alert for Catalyst or Reactor since update #8. New players seem to be missing out on these. Forma too.

I got 8 forma last week without spending a cent.

the tater famine is a thing, and it's part of what they are looking at with the u8 work.

And there hasn't been a random generated alert for Catalyst or Reactor since update #8. New players seem to be missing out on these. Forma too.

Well Forma drop in the void...least possibly in the end of a void mission lol. Better than potatos though seeing how void keys are fairly plentiful.

In an ideal world yes. Then again I'd abolish money in an instant, its the great corruptor of man. EA is a good example of money corrupts :P

Good for you. I don't work for free and don't expect others to either.

But don't confuse that with me thinking f2p players aren't important... they bring a lot to the table and are just as important as the paying customers in a functional f2p game... Nobody wants to pay money to play alone in an online game.

Good for you. I don't work for free and don't expect others to either.

But don't confuse that with me thinking f2p players aren't important... they bring a lot to the table and are just as important as the paying customers in a functional f2p game... Nobody wants to pay money to play alone in an online game.

Did you not catch the "Then again I'd abolish money in an instant"? because then you'd be working for nothing but the gratitude of players and possibly yourself.

Did you not catch the "Then again I'd abolish money in an instant"? because then you'd be working for nothing but the gratitude of players and possibly yourself.

If there was no money... food, goods, favors. I would still never work for free. If I am going to do work it's going to benefit me directly or I would rather go do something I enjoy. Gratitude is nice, but I'm not a charity. It's one thing if it's for someone I care about, but for random people? Forget about it.

One way or another my time isn't free unless it's something I wanted to do anyways.