The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PhysX not working after U18.13

Aoden

Hello

After Update 18.13, PhysX is no longer working with my GT 545. I have the option enabled but cannot see the effects ingame.

My PhysX driver is current and my game is set to 64bit, DX11 mode.

Hi there,

@Aoden, if possible, could you please file a support ticket (referencing this thread) and attach your EE.log to the ticket so that we can look into the issue further? You should be able to find the log file by pasting %LocalAppData%/Warframe into the Start Menu search box or the address bar of any Windows Explorer window. There shouldn't have been any change in behaviour in 18.13 regarding PhysX effects on the 500-series (I tested with a 570, but don't have a 545, unfortunately), but if it worked for you on the build right before this one, the log file would be a good start for us.

@Sahardoom, if you experience a crash with PhysX effects on, could you submit the crash report that comes up and let me know the WAR bug number you get after submitting? I'll take a look and see what the issue is.

Thanks,
Evgenii

7 hours ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

@Sahardoom, if you experience a crash with PhysX effects on, could you submit the crash report that comes up and let me know the WAR bug number you get after submitting? I'll take a look and see what the issue is.

Thanks,
Evgenii

WAR - 908647

WAR - 908659

WAR - 908724

WAR - 908727

WAR - 908730

WAR - 908738

WAR - 908961

WAR - 909075

...these were during mission testing, tried to figure out why only infested crashed the game before turning of PhysX...

Had around 20+ more but thought it was random before I noticed connection with infested levels.

Could it be that some infested object or NPC with particle effects is causing this?

On 5/30/2016 at 6:31 PM, [DE]Jengerer said:

Hi there,

@Aoden, if possible, could you please file a support ticket (referencing this thread) and attach your EE.log to the ticket so that we can look into the issue further? You should be able to find the log file by pasting %LocalAppData%/Warframe into the Start Menu search box or the address bar of any Windows Explorer window. There shouldn't have been any change in behaviour in 18.13 regarding PhysX effects on the 500-series (I tested with a 570, but don't have a 545, unfortunately), but if it worked for you on the build right before this one, the log file would be a good start for us.

Thanks,
Evgenii

I cannot find an EE.log via the method you suggested, Windows 10 cannot find that path. Is there a more complete path you could give for an example?

Also tried searching "EE.log" and again, it couldn't find anything.

Just found it, had to go to "D:\Users\<name>\appdata\local\Warframe"

Edited by Aoden

13 hours ago, Aoden said:

Having great difficulty submitting that ticket, first the reCAPTCHA wouldn't work, now it just wont let me submit.

Is it giving you an error message when you submit, or is it just stuck loading for a long time?

On 31/05/2016 at 2:21 AM, Sahardoom said:

WAR - 908738

Thanks. We've been looking into the issue with Nvidia and it seems the latest PhysX update has introduced these issues on systems that are running Windows 7 without the Service Pack 1 update. We're working on possibly restoring support for these systems, but in the meantime, it will likely remedy the crashes you're seeing if you updated your Windows to SP1.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

Is it giving you an error message when you submit, or is it just stuck loading for a long time?

Thanks. We've been looking into the issue with Nvidia and it seems the latest PhysX update has introduced these issues on systems that are running Windows 7 without the Service Pack 1 update. We're working on possibly restoring support for these systems, but in the meantime, it will likely remedy the crashes you're seeing if you updated your Windows to SP1.

It isn't doing anything, I click submit and the button turns grey. No signs of loading or anything.

1 hour ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

Oh, my fault than, I thought it was on auto update, I had to re-install windows some time ago... will update now, thanks!

1 hour ago, Aoden said:

It isn't doing anything, I click submit and the button turns grey. No signs of loading or anything.

If there are no signs of it loading, there might be something else going wrong, but perhaps you can try and leave it open for a couple of minutes after pressing Submit, as it may just be taking a long time to upload the log file. Using a different web browser might help as well. Sorry for the trouble!

Edited by [DE]Jengerer

2 hours ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

If there are no signs of it loading, there might be something else going wrong, but perhaps you can try and leave it open for a couple of minutes after pressing Submit, as it may just be taking a long time to upload the log file. Using a different web browser might help as well. Sorry for the trouble!

Trying with Internet Explorer, getting the unsupported browser message. Same on Chrome, its possible our internet is just too slow at the moment. Our internet should speed back up on June 7th, but until then it'll be nothing but trouble.