Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do once all items are lvl 30?

ValconExe

Question

First of all, I don't mean this as in what is there to do.

Right now, all of the weapons I'm using are Rank 30.  I'm only around Neptune, and my weapons damage is beginning to fall off fast.  What, other then Forma, are you supposed to do at this point?

Here are my mods, tell me if there is something very wrong about them.

(I'm not including my pistol, the reason it is getting weaker is because I can't find a Hornet Strike)

Excalibur:

Energy Siphon Max Rank

Redirection Rank 4

Reflex Guard Unranked

Diamond Skin Unranked

Fast Deflection Unranked

Broken Intensify Unranked

Vitality Rank 5

Handspring Unranked

Flame Repellant Rank 1

Braton:

Serration Rank 4

Speed Trigger Unranked

Stormbringer Unranked

(I'm still trying to figure out what to use here)

Dual Heat Swords:

Crossing Snakes Max Rank

Shocking Touch Rank 3

Fury Rank 3

Virulent Scourge Max Rank

Pressure Point Max Rank

Reach Max Rank

If someone can see a noob mistake, please tell me.  Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Sounds to me like you haven't discovered the glory of a potato.

Reactors + Catalysts take your mod capacity up to 60. Always use them before you use forma. You can get them from random alerts- as well as there always being a Gift of the Lotus (special) alert every other friday after the bi-monthly devstream that gives either a catalyst or a reactor as it's reward (alert lasts 24 hours). Mods are everything. They are where 100% of your power comes from. Grab some reactors and catalysts and install them on your frames and weapons when you can.

On the off chance you have in fact used a reactor/catalyst- you need to rank up your mods for the reason stated above. I'm honestly a bit surprised you're all the way at neptune with that gear. Oh- and a word of advice. Diamond skin and flame repellent are almost entirely useless and a waste of slots except for in extremely specialized situations.

Try different Mod combinations in weapons and Frames.

Add Potatoes and then Forma.

Forma ALL the things!!

Kill Bosses and farm new Frames.

Build MOAR weapons.

Explore the Void and Derelicts, start working on collecting Primes.

You're still using Excalibur and you're on Neptune?

You should start playing more Void missions with friends. They're a lot of fun and that's what most people do when they feel like they've fallen off. You also seem like you haven't bought many blueprints from the market; the Braton isn't that good of a gun compared to all the other guns you can build.

Also look at playing other Warframes. Excalibur isn't the best at EVERY mission type.

Edited by out_of_touch

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

Sounds to me like you haven't discovered the glory of a potato.

Reactors + Catalysts take your mod capacity up to 60. Always use them before you use forma. You can get them from random alerts- as well as there always being a Gift of the Lotus (special) alert every other friday after the bi-monthly devstream that gives either a catalyst or a reactor as it's reward (alert lasts 24 hours). Mods are everything. They are where 100% of your power comes from. Grab some reactors and catalysts and install them on your frames and weapons when you can.

On the off chance you have in fact used a reactor/catalyst- you need to rank up your mods for the reason stated above. I'm honestly a bit surprised you're all the way at neptune with that gear. Oh- and a word of advice. Diamond skin and flame repellent are almost entirely useless and a waste of slots except for in extremely specialized situations.

I know about potatoes, just I haven't found any weapons that I really, really like yet.  I've used several weapons (all the weapons I've used are: MK1-Braton, MK1-Kunai, Skana, Dual Heat Swords, Dual Ether Swords, Lex, Aklex, Magnus (building Akmagnus right now), Latron, and normal Braton.)  Looking at my first post, yeah, I now notice that I have a lot of unranked mods, and I guess I should fix that.  As for the advice about diamond skin and fire repellent, yeah, I guess I should find mods that are useful all of the time, instead of super conditional ones.  

1 hour ago, RPGforDINNER said:

you know you can buy blueprints for weapons on the market?

Yep, check above for weapons I've used. I posted the setup I have the most success with.

1 hour ago, 2old4gamez said:

Try different Mod combinations in weapons and Frames.

Add Potatoes and then Forma.

Forma ALL the things!!

Kill Bosses and farm new Frames.

Build MOAR weapons.

Explore the Void and Derelicts, start working on collecting Primes.

I've been trying different mods, I just usually can't really tell much of a difference between when I use each one.  Right now I have a catalyst BP and a reactor BP, but I have no formas at the moment.  I probably should get more frames, right now the only two I have are Excalibur and Nyx (I have Nyx,  I'm not good at Nyx).  I've also been doing the void an OK amount (I have quite a few prime parts), and I can do OK in t2, kind of bad in t3.

1 hour ago, out_of_touch said:

You're still using Excalibur and you're on Neptune?

You should start playing more Void missions with friends. They're a lot of fun and that's what most people do when they feel like they've fallen off. You also seem like you haven't bought many blueprints from the market; the Braton isn't that good of a gun compared to all the other guns you can build.

Also look at playing other Warframes. Excalibur isn't the best at EVERY mission type.

I have been buying blueprints, I just usually don't know what to buy.  The Soma looks like a gun I'll enjoy, but I'm about to achieve MR5, meaning I'll still need to rank up again before I can get it.

As for the part about Excalibur not being the best at everything, yeah, I know that, just on most mission types, I'm finding Nyx to be not good enough (dies too fast, plus I'm not used to her abilities).

Once your starter weapons and equipment are MR 30, it's time to start experimenting with new gear!

My advice?  Try the Hek - it's available in the Market.  Only four shots in the magazine, but once you throw in a Point Blank and Hell's Chamber, it can almost substitute for a melee attack and it deals horrific damage.  If you're working with Steel Meridian as your Syndicate of choice, you can get Scattered Justice for it - 200% multishot on an already-beefy shotgun is terrifying!

Karak's another good rifle for a newbie to cut their teeth on.  Similar to the Braton in behavior, but deals primarily impact, and you should be transitioning from Grineer (Mercury, Earth) to Corpus (Venus, Mars) as an enemy type right as you get it.

Also consider the Grakata.  Yes, it's the same gun that Grineer lancers use, but properly modded, it's a decent status cannon and bullet hose.  You can also make something hilarious and great with it (see below).

Looking to replace your Skana or Bo?  Try the MKI Furax - it's a VERY different melee weapon from the previous two, and it's a good idea to get it out of the way to find out if you like or hate Fist weapons.

For secondaries, get rid of that Lato or MKI Kunai, and get yourself something that can actually deliver a hit.  The Lex is a sniper-pistol, but it's REALLY slow - still can turn Grineer lancers into chowder in a single shot though.  Twin Grakatas are hilarious and awesome paired bullet hoses, but you'll need two Regular Grakatas and a Forma to make them.  Forma can be obtained from the Orokin Void "Tower" missions.

Rhino is the first Warframe you can obtain the parts for, by defeating The Jackal on Venus.  He's a good 'upgrade' from Excalibur - he's tough, easy to play, and really forgiving of newbie mistakes thanks to Iron Skin, and he's one of the few Warframes that can straight-up buff his own damage using Roar.  He's even got some crowd control in the form of Rhino Stomp!

Did you find a weapon or warframe you really like in the course of your experimentation?  Well, you can expand its mod capacity by using an Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst on it (the latter is for weapons, the former is for warframes and companions), or by using Forma on it.  Using a Forma allows you to add a polarity to an item's mod slots, or change an existing polarity.  Matching the polarity on a mod to the polarity on the slot will halve the capacity cost of the mod (rounded up).  In the case of Aura and Stance mods, it doubles the bonus capacity the mod grants!