The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons Are Useless

Maggy_Mag

5 damage, critical chance and polarities doesnt make sense use forma to get another polarity and use mods for critical chance nothing speacial about latron prime

You do realize that crit mods are dependant upon the weapon's base critical chance...

With a maxxed crit chance mod(150% critical chance)

Latron has a (1+1.5) * 7.5 = 18.75% chance to crit (less than 1 in 5 shots are critical)

Latron Prime has (1+1.5) * 10 = 25% chance to crit (1 in 4 shots are critical)

Let's say you had 100% multishot (I know you don't but humor me.)

Latron has a 36% chance for at least 1 bullet to crit.

Latron Prime has a 43.75% chance for at least 1 to bullet crit.

I'll take those improved odds any day. But let's explore some more.

Crit damage.

With a maxed Vital Sense(120% crit damage) both have the same crit bonus meaning with this mod they both do (1+1.2) * 1.5 = 3.3 or 330% damage.

Latron does (40 * 3.3) = 132 unmodded damage on critical.

While Prime does (45 * 3.3) = 148.5 unmodded damage on critical.

There's that nice 12.5% damage increase again.

I will happily take my Prime any day tyvm.

So Reaper Prime is supposed to be the Prime version of Hate, but with 10 less regular damage, 50 less charge damage, and slower speed?

Oh but it has an additional 5% crit, so that makes up for it I guess.

You sarcastically expressed my gripe with reaper prime in a nutshell, well done sir.

You sarcastically expressed my gripe with reaper prime in a nutshell, well done sir.

The Crit can be massive if you deck the weapon out for Crit Damage.

It is basically a Gambler's weapon. More Crit means more Crit from Crit+ mod. Then you stick on Crit Damage to go with that and you've got yourself a weapon that relies on critical hits, but when you DO get those critical hits, they hurt.

I mean there is no difference between normal latron and latron prime only 5 damage points. I think prime weapons should do 3x damage to corrupteds to make a difference i mean prime weapons are too simple. they need to buff it

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

The Crit can be massive if you deck the weapon out for Crit Damage.

It is basically a Gambler's weapon. More Crit means more Crit from Crit+ mod. Then you stick on Crit Damage to go with that and you've got yourself a weapon that relies on critical hits, but when you DO get those critical hits, they hurt.

I agree and have been considering making it for a while now (got BP and all the parts) to test that out, but in the end what stopped me is how small a fully-maxed melee crit mod is. 30% more crit means only a 13% crit chance with the reaper prime. That's really not a lot at all, especially with it's slow swing speed. 90% more crit damage on a base 200% crit damage sounds appealing, but combined with only a 13% crit chance, slow swing speed, and 20% less damage than Hate and similar heavy weapons...

I just can't justify even creating it =/  It would need at least a base 20% crit chance for me to consider it, and even then I'm pretty sure Hate would outclass it.

All prime stuff are just weapons and warframes with more swag to make people envious due to rarity.

The advantage over normal weapons and warframes have always been marginal.

Yup

people stop asking for straight upgrades really.