Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Event?

Feldgrep

for germans only, lol :) if there is an event, than it will be for all...

back to topic: the topics u refer to were deleted (the 1 in the german section a bit later) ...either some1 made a troll-tropic or DE decided to postpone it

actualy DEtimo posted that topic

There was this text in german thread that was probably taken from deleted thread, and then in was reverse translated back to english in to this:

Attention Tenno!
There are several rare artefacts on transport routes throughout the solar system. We believe that enemy forces have learned of these movements are preparing to intercept. The artefacts will be transported during the next three days. If any one of them are threatened by hostile forces, I will send a distress call.. Attacks can occur at any time and these artefacts represent a critical point in the implementation of our plans.

This weekend event focuses on specific defence missions. The reward? One of three new artefacts. To acquire the artefacts you need to get through with your team to Wave 15. The missions themselves are limited to 15 waves and there will be no option for your squad to leave prior to that. Defence opportunities will be regularly distributed over the whole weekend and there will be an opportunity for all Tenno to participate in the event.

Good luck Tenno

As far as I know, it was accidentally posted by posted by both Rebecca and Timo before both threads were swiftly taken down. The thread in the German forum is where one of the German community members caught the thread before it was taken down. I expect it was postponed until next weekend, to give the team time to recover from E3.

As far as I know, it was accidentally posted by posted by both Rebecca and Timo before both threads were swiftly taken down. The thread in the German forum is where one of the German community members caught the thread before it was taken down. I expect it was postponed until next weekend, to give the team time to recover from E3.

exactly what i wanted to explain ^^

i saw the thread too although i am not german :D (and with help of google translate i translated for myself)

events like this shouldn't be so rare there's not much to do anyways.

The MOA event wasn't too long ago. Besides, as they've been saying for a few weeks they're super busy with E3. Now that it's over I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to fix/release over the next couple weeks. For the love of god, I hope they take a look at crit mods, melee mods, and some other underpowered abilites. I don't even care about more content right now to be honest. I just want everything currently in the game to be worth using.

I agree. I'd like to see them do one every weekend or every other weekend like Mass Effect 3 was doing for the full year it was being supported.

With the size of DE's team I think one a month is more than adequate. I wouldn't want them to become too common either as then they don't carry the same weight when they do show up.

With the size of DE's team I think one a month is more than adequate. I wouldn't want them to become too common either as then they don't carry the same weight when they do show up.

It depends on how well they automate the process. If they write a module that is designed to handle it, they could simply punch in a few numbers, set a goal and reward, and hit "go", while the program tallies everything throughout the weekend. This is was ME3 did when they switched from bi-weekly to weekly events.

I think devaluation due to over-saturation can be avoided by simply making most weekend awards something conservative. For example, if they are not going to give potatos in alerts anymore, perhaps they can occasionally add them to weekend events. Other times they could have it award a Vauban part or a Forma, or even rare build mats like a couple control mods or a few neural sensors.

In any case, what I learned from ME3 over the past year is the more events you have, the more the community wants to stick around.

It depends on how well they automate the process. If they write a module that is designed to handle it, they could simply punch in a few numbers, set a goal and reward, and hit "go", while the program tallies everything throughout the weekend. This is was ME3 did when they switched from bi-weekly to weekly events.

I think devaluation due to over-saturation can be avoided by simply making most weekend awards something conservative. For example, if they are not going to give potatos in alerts anymore, perhaps they can occasionally add them to weekend events. Other times they could have it award a Vauban part or a Forma, or even rare build mats like a couple control mods or a few neural sensors.

In any case, what I learned from ME3 over the past year is the more events you have, the more the community wants to stick around.

I want to see operations that actually give cool rewards though. Making operations hand out worse rewards is not going to make them any more valuable to me. That is in fact the exact opposite of what I want. I hope to see exclusive or rare items as the reward because the operations only happen maybe once a month.

I want to see operations that actually give cool rewards though. Making operations hand out worse rewards is not going to make them any more valuable to me. That is in fact the exact opposite of what I want. I hope to see exclusive or rare items as the reward because the operations only happen maybe once a month.

So how about if they just do what I suggested, but every now and then do a special one (once a month as you say) that give the "cool rewards" you mention (I would consider potatos to be cool rewards).

Not every weekend event needs to be huge. The main goal, after all, is to keep giving the players something organized to do. I'd like to have small ones (like i mentioned) in-between the big ones (that you mentioned).