Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag, Vauban shred mine...and DE's possible plan for mob scaling

Drothoci

So i fiddled with mag's rework and realized with the right power strength and enough spamming..u can completely remove the armor of some pretty high lvl grineer. Something i have seen can be done with vauban's shred mine. It got me thinking about Saryn's rework and her debuffer status she now has..and realized mag and to a lesser extent vauban, now have those roles as well(in addition to some CC roles). I think, and this is just my opinion. that DE plans to counter enemy scaling vs player dmg scaling by making it about debuffing the enemies until they are weak enough to be killed easily..which is certainly one way of doing it. If u had a properly build Mag/vauban and a properly build Saryn..you could reduce most enemies to shadows of their former selves with the combined armor/shield/health reduction created by this combo.

this is the entire reason these reworks are problematic... sure mag can remove a lvl 100 gunners armor with ten casts of polarize, but ask everyone to equip CP and suddenly mag is completely useless. it wouldn't be a problem if armor removal was the only way to traverse the "endgame" but as it stands that's necessary (as was blessing trinity... not sure how multiple hour survivals or nm raids are going to work now,)

yea, DE seems to move forward with their own vision no matter how negatively it effects the players, or screws up already working setups. They have an idea and they will go through with it until either its finished and now everybody has the setup DE decided works...or we just move on to something else. That's what i do these days...just move onto the next weapon or frame that is still enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Drothoci said:

yea, DE seems to move forward with their own vision no matter how negatively it effects the players, or screws up already working setups. They have an idea and they will go through with it until either its finished and now everybody has the setup DE decided works...or we just move on to something else. That's what i do these days...just move onto the next weapon or frame that is still enjoyable.

This, basically.

Also the irony in Mag's rework making her AMAZING at killing everything that isn't Corpus. I don't know how that happened but it did. And @marshmellory is correct, with 4x cp she does become useless. It's a really weird spot to be in.

I think there's an opportunity to do something good with all this... Like for example, dramatically lower the efficiency of armor at high levels for enemies, but remove corrosive projection as a tradeoff.

If this was to happen, frames with armor debuffing would become very desirable, as they would increase kill speed of enemy units. They would not be mandatory, since sufficient damage would be attainable due to armor having more balanced values at higher level. (Let's say armor absorbs 50% of damage and gradually decays, it becomes desirable to have armor stripping abilities or weapons that excel at it while not mandatory. as you'll still be able to kill them, only with twice the amount of hits and bullets, for example).

For  frames with no innate abilities to strip armor, you could still mod for Puncture / Corrosive / Viral... And they could introduce an armor decay mechanic where if you hit an armored enemy for long enough , their armor is gradually destroyed and it no longer mitigates damage as well as it did before... Once again, as I said earlyer, armor stripping would not be mandatory, in the sense where high levels enemies would not be impervious to damage, only less suceptible to it due to armor.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra