The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Do you agree with the nerfs? 1000 votes in

izzatuw

7 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

You remember that? :´) im not alone.

So, do you agree with nerfs? yes or not?

Some of the them yes and others no so is a mix bag.

Like I pointed a few nerf seems overkill(once I mentioned for example), while other's I saw it coming from a mile away (Excal EB melee ranged, Prisma LoS) & are acceptable on my book.

I like the changes except for Mag and Trinity.  (Oberon and Limbo's passives should be reworked too but that's not major at all)

• Mag: If Polarize scaled, it would make her a lot better.  Also, Magnetize killing teammates/sentinels needs to be fixed.
  • Trinity: They should have done one or the other...limit Blessing's range, or limit Blessing's damage reduction.  Limiting both was not the right call.

Overall though, a lot of people are upset simply because people are naturally resistant to change.  That, and it sucks to invest Forma and time into a build just to have it changed later.

After each major change, frames/weapons with Forma should have a re-Forma option (w/o grinding all over again).  This would help people better adjust to changes.  It would also show the playerbase that their time and effort is valuable and taken into consideration by DE.

13 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

Any sort of evidence? I'd like you to share it if you could but if you don't got any than it's just you making up claims

It was sarcasm more than a claim. 

For a more serious answer, the "no" is still less than the other categories combined. Some people may agree with the nerfs but would rather some different changes, like the available answers.

In the end, pretty much everyone's vote is irrelevant. The nerfs ARE necessary for the health and quality of the game. People need to get over it and let DE do the player and enemy balancing. They need to save their whining for if the enemy-scaling rebalance turns out badly, but keep in mind, the point to enemies scaling in the first place is to allow them to eventually beat us.

Spoiler

Still... vote bots.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

It was sarcasm more than a claim. 

For a more serious answer, the "no" is still less than the other categories combined. Some people may agree with the nerfs but would rather some different changes, like the available answers.

In the end, pretty much everyone's vote is irrelevant. The nerfs ARE necessary for the health and quality of the game. People need to get over it and let DE do the player and enemy balancing. They need to save their whining for if the enemy-scaling rebalance turns out badly, but keep in mind, the point to enemies scaling in the first place is to allow them to eventually beat us.

Hide contents

Still... vote bots.

Nerfs, buffs, rebalancing it's all required.

How they're handled is what worries most players.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Is it the way they are doing it with a certain procedure as opposed to all at once?

Mm the last time they did it all at once was damage 2.0 and lots of weapons got derfed to the ground and shotguns in general were just weak. 

Than melee 2.0 came and heavies also became lame sauce.

I think it's how most of the individual items are handled more than how many or how big or small the scale of the changes are.

Again, for example. Blessing definitely needed a nerf but I can't wholeheartedly agree that this was the way and again where is my WOL buff? As a Trinity main for a good year or 2 I still couldn't find a single situation to use WOL exclusively.

1 minute ago, izzatuw said:

Mm the last time they did it all at once was damage 2.0 and lots of weapons got derfed to the ground and shotguns in general were just weak. 

Than melee 2.0 came and heavies also became lame sauce.

I think it's how most of the individual items are handled more than how many or how big or small the scale of the changes are.

Again, for example. Blessing definitely needed a nerf but I can't wholeheartedly agree that this was the way and again where is my WOL buff? As a Trinity main for a good year or 2 I still couldn't find a single situation to use WOL exclusively.

A lot of people are probably working on The War Within, so they have to do things in increments, which makes it look like they forgot/ignored other power issues. 

DE will probably go back and buff lacking abilities once they finish balancing other glaring issues with broken powers. This would probably be after or during the enemy scaling balance pass. 

6 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

A lot of people are probably working on The War Within, so they have to do things in increments, which makes it look like they forgot/ignored other power issues. 

DE will probably go back and buff lacking abilities once they finish balancing other glaring issues with broken powers. This would probably be after or during the enemy scaling balance pass. 

Well luckily Oberon and Limbo are next on the rework list and even they can't make them worse.

Just now, izzatuw said:

Well luckily Oberon and Limbo are next on the rework list and even they can't make them worse.

Yeah, watch DE_Scott take away limbo's hat and call it a day. (I am only.kidding...)

If you watch the developer stream their time is locked up between the star chart rework and war within. So yeah, I expect a lot of changes after they get past that mountain of work on their to-do list. 

3 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

Yeah, watch DE_Scott take away limbo's hat and call it a day. (I am only.kidding...)

If you watch the developer stream their time is locked up between the star chart rework and war within. So yeah, I expect a lot of changes after they get past that mountain of work on their to-do list. 

Update 19.5 Patch notes

* Removed Limbo from the game

4 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

these polls are typical less than a week after a rework.  come back in a month or so.

and you gotta ruin my plan. Of course it's nice to see the initial reaction of players and how it holds up after a while. Now shh.

Just now, izzatuw said:

and you gotta ruin my plan. Of course it's nice to see the initial reaction of players and how it holds up after a while. Now shh.

*pats izzatuw on the head*  don't worry, I can't ruin what doesn't exist.  you'll be ok.  

Just now, Firefly0037 said:

you can hear text? :O

No but I can see mirrors. 

OT: After about 3 years or so I can already expect how the initial reactions of the community is. 

Some changes like Blessing were just nerfs and you can't really deny that they did nothing but nerf frames like Valkyr or Excalibur. Although they both seemed to be the most reasonable.

Mirage's nerf was also inevitable however the community does have a huge point, why would I want a slow ulti cast time if I can just run around with Excalibur and spam Radial Blind now.

3 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

No but I can see mirrors. 

OT: After about 3 years or so I can already expect how the initial reactions of the community is. 

Some changes like Blessing were just nerfs and you can't really deny that they did nothing but nerf frames like Valkyr or Excalibur. Although they both seemed to be the most reasonable.

Mirage's nerf was also inevitable however the community does have a huge point, why would I want a slow ulti cast time if I can just run around with Excalibur and spam Radial Blind now.

Were only going to find new inivative ways to get around these obsticles, we always have and always will.

1 minute ago, (XB1)JoeABroke said:

Were only going to find new inivative ways to get around these obsticles, we always have and always will.

That's an optimistic way to see things but Warframe's relationship between the community and the devs are well special and what they usually do can affect the POV of players. Although unlike COD franchise Activision has the money and the "I don't care attitude" to keep milking out new COD games.

Recently if you look at other threads you can already see a few players claiming that they will not be financially be supporting this game. May not seem like a big deal but if others start to follow eventually things will go down hill.

The recent nerfs to Valkyr, Excalibur aren't exactly workarounds at all, they directly nerfed it. The only thing players can do is just get used to the changes. 

1 minute ago, izzatuw said:

That's an optimistic way to see things but Warframe's relationship between the community and the devs are well special and what they usually do can affect the POV of players. Although unlike COD franchise Activision has the money and the "I don't care attitude" to keep milking out new COD games.

Recently if you look at other threads you can already see a few players claiming that they will not be financially be supporting this game. May not seem like a big deal but if others start to follow eventually things will go down hill.

The recent nerfs to Valkyr, Excalibur aren't exactly workarounds at all, they directly nerfed it. The only thing players can do is just get used to the changes. 

that was one of the most exaggerated arguments I've heard yet.  oh no, 5 people are SO butthurt about not being able to spam abilities half way across the map that they will stop buying stuff... because that's going to make the game go down hill, right?  eh, we don't need closed minded people anyway, and DE has made it very clear that they don't support closed minded people either.  

Just now, Firefly0037 said:

that was one of the most exaggerated arguments I've heard yet.  oh no, 5 people are SO butthurt about not being able to spam abilities half way across the map that they will stop buying stuff... because that's going to make the game go down hill, right?  eh, we don't need closed minded people anyway, and DE has made it very clear that they don't support closed minded people either.  

So are you just in here to find some arguments or what? I never claimed the game was going downhill to a huge extent nor did I claim it was. I stated that it can. Not that it is.

Exaggerated would be: Guys stop nerfing things, if you do everyone is going to stop playing your game, the game is gonna die and it'll be boring for everyone. 

So please tell me where the exaggerations are. 

I personally just find you looking for certain things to argue about like a troll tbh.