Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetize and Navigator

Kinetos

Shooting a Navigator controlled projectile into a Magnetize sphere causes the camera to move back and forth very rapidly, could be a problem for some people.

Should Magnetize ignore Navigator controlled projectiles, or cancel Navigator's hold on them immediately when they hit the sphere?

ivara can deactivate navigator to get out, so its not like she's stuck in the zone.

that being said, it can be problematic to teammates when a mag places a magnetize zone in a bad location, as the only way to get rid of it is to recast 3 more magnetize zones, or be running lowerish duration.  

based on the mechanics of the skill, giving mag an ability that can pop the bubbles would be great.

I think making polarize pop magnetized zones, in addition to amplified effects to enemies in the zones:  might be a good option.

15 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

giving mag an ability that can pop the bubbles would be great.

I can see why you are thinking about this and I don't disagree, but I think Navigator specifically needs attention. Besides the shaking screen, there's a conflict about who is in control of the navigator projectile. If entering a mag bubble turns control of the projectile over to mag exclusively as it seems to, I think it should automatically kick Ivara out of Navigator, or alternatively make navigated projectiles fully under Ivara's control even in the presence of the bubble. 

8 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I can see why you are thinking about this and I don't disagree, but I think Navigator specifically needs attention. Besides the shaking screen, there's a conflict about who is in control of the navigator projectile. If entering a mag bubble turns control of the projectile over to mag exclusively as it seems to, I think it should automatically kick Ivara out of Navigator, or alternatively make navigated projectiles fully under Ivara's control even in the presence of the bubble. 

It definitely is ugly that the projectile and camera gets jerked around like that loool

but ivara can opt out, and i think the option for skills is what makes them great. more player decisions impacting gameplay is good

I agree with you though, it would be smoother gameplay for ivara, but that's up to DE and isnt a huge gameplay issue.

POP MAGNETIZE BUBBLES WITH POLARIZE. and additional affects

SHIP IT

Edited by hukurokuju5

8 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

but ivara can opt out, and i think the option

It's not really an opt out decision situation though as there is no gameplay reason to stay with the projectile once Magnetize has control, so it should be automatic. 

Edit :

Also someone at DE considers this a bug. I originally put the topic in ability feedback now it's in pc general bugs. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

13 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

POP MAGNETIZE BUBBLES WITH POLARIZE

Or maybe with Crush? Collapses the Magnetize bubbles and their contents in on themselves? 

Maybe should put this line of discussion in the mag rework feedback thread 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

I made this suggestion back in my thread full of polls: Crush (in addition to normal function) draws enemies closer to/into nearby magnetizes in stage 1 and 2, and in stage 3 detonates all magnetizes in range (those of other mags too)

Either way, navigator should end when it hits magnetize.