Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Endless Defense Missions

Jabbzz

Say you go in Outer Terminus and went up to wave 40, your Cyropod will be very 'squishy' and you will lose all the bonus exp and your loot after continuing.

I'm in a hurry but I didn't see any suggestions about this so I'll make it short.

In every 5 Waves add an option to IMPROVE the Cyro's shield, health, shield regeneration or armor using 'Defense Credits/Tokens' (It's not the credit you use to buy or get from missions), its a unique type of 'money' only available in endless defense missions just for the Cyro.

I still don't have an idea on how to obtain the 'Endless Defense Credits/Tokens' but this is the point of my suggestion, so players can leave the Cyropod for a moment while beating up level 400+ Ancients/Heavies, 

Thank you.

Say you go in Outer Terminus and went up to wave 40, your Cyropod will be very 'squishy' and you will lose all the bonus exp and your loot after continuing.

I'm in a hurry but I didn't see any suggestions about this so I'll make it short.

In every 5 Waves add an option to IMPROVE the Cyro's shield, health, shield regeneration or armor using 'Defense Credits/Tokens' (It's not the credit you use to buy or get from missions), its a unique type of 'money' only available in endless defense missions just for the Cyro.

I still don't have an idea on how to obtain the 'Endless Defense Credits/Tokens' but this is the point of my suggestion, so players can leave the Cyropod for a moment while beating up level 400+ Ancients/Heavies, 

Thank you.

i agree and a way to get the money/tokens is 1-5 per light unit, 5-10 per mid unit, and 10-20 per heavy unit. this would make endless defence abit easier or like i mentioned in a thread i posted endless survival ( its defence only without the annoying cryopod and the enemies hunt you down. )

Nice idea as a where to obtain the credits here is a idea:

Whenever you complete a wave you earn fx 2 credits, and you can either save them up or use them.

It does not save after each defence :)

Shield = add 150 shield - 2 credits

Health = add 100 hp - 2 credits

Shield Regen - add 15 more shield regen and speed - 3 credits

Armor - Add 5 more armor - 3 credits

I like this idea. And i got some nice ideas also that might contribute to what you are saying. I already posted it somewhere else but who cares.

The thing i would like to add is: building barricades. I know some warframes,like frost, kinda have the ability to do this already but let's say it like this: You kill an enemy, you get points. Not credits, points. I don't know, let's call them Buildingpoints (like you already said before). With these Buildingpoints you can build barricades at given locations. Maybe even turrets. That would add a lot of strategic defense to the game. However these turrets and barricades would have to have lifepoints so they actually can break and let the mobs get trough.

I like this idea. And i got some nice ideas also that might contribute to what you are saying. I already posted it somewhere else but who cares.

The thing i would like to add is: building barricades. I know some warframes,like frost, kinda have the ability to do this already but let's say it like this: You kill an enemy, you get points. Not credits, points. I don't know, let's call them Buildingpoints (like you already said before). With these Buildingpoints you can build barricades at given locations. Maybe even turrets. That would add a lot of strategic defense to the game. However these turrets and barricades would have to have lifepoints so they actually can break and let the mobs get trough.

or put that and the cryopod upgrades together.

LOL the original idea is to PROTECT that cryo pod until EXTRACTION TEAM arrives; u just can't upgrade it on field like that.
To implement your idea DE have to come up with completely new defence theme, like outpost defence or something, where u can use hackskill (cipher is not permitted) on panels (hard lvl like rank test) to gain access to wutever idk so u can control turrets, close doors, set routes, upgrade things or wutever.

is interesting, but snow globe and bastille kinda make it not a worth while update.

but some cant use thos like rhino, sure if he can keep energy up he can keep ground pounding.but i tried to get to wave 10 on a high lvl infested defence mission.i got swarmed by toxic, healling, and distruper ancients about 3 of each kind and they kept bashing me around.so if the pod had some more armor or health i could have won it lol.

The no.1 improvement would be to increase player IQ and make them actually defend the pod instead of running away into the map and trying to solo ancients while the pod gets one-shot.

That would improve endless defense by at least 20%

Drake777 I can solo atleast upto wave 15 vs infested defence

The trick is to kill the Toxic right away, then focus on killing the others, make sure all the Runners are dead since they can KB you when they explode, then kill all runners, then kill the ancients (Also if you got freeze on your weapon then you can just hit the Ancient so they freeze and they won't be able to stun you)

If you do it right it is easy enough ish.

I will do alot of infested defence today so you can always add me.

Edited by tno1

The no.1 improvement would be to increase player IQ and make them actually defend the pod instead of running away into the map and trying to solo ancients while the pod gets one-shot.

That would improve endless defense by at least 20%

what if you just cant hold them all back? one player can only do so much to a extent.also haveing multiple players does make it easier abit till the later waves then it stands again, you can only hold so many enemies back at once, some will leak through and get to the pod or knock down the player/s or just overwhelm them with a hail storm of gun fire.

Drake777 I can solo atleast upto wave 15 vs infested defence

The trick is to kill the Toxic right away, then focus on killing the others, make sure all the Runners are dead since they can KB you when they explode, then kill all runners, then kill the ancients (Also if you got freeze on your weapon then you can just hit the Ancient so they freeze and they won't be able to stun you)

If you do it right it is easy enough ish.

I will do alot of infested defence today so you can always add me.

thank you i may need the help. i do aoe ( area of effect. for thos who dont know ) the runners, leapers, and chasers. then i aoe with my frost sword the ground near the ancients.also when i can i try to get them together then multi ground pound with freezeing/flame/electic effects.so i can keep them staggerd or busy if i dont get knocked around abit.but i run out of energy so my aoe for the runners is out.

what if you just cant hold them all back? 

Then you are playing wrong or aren't skilled enough, tough luck.

There are vids of people doing ED missions to Wave 80 with lvl100 enemies, its possible. Its not supposed to be easy.

Yes, you will need specific frames and team compositions for this to work, its not supposed to be faceroll easy.

Usually Frost + Vauban and you got this S#&$ up until wave 40 no problem.

PS: don't run ED missions solo, what are you crazy?

Edited by Mietz