Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Expanded Mission - Cruiser Takeover

Ced23Ric

Oh hai! ~cue lolcat face~

Many people have suggested variations to the missions, especially expanding on the individual types, and most ideas are quite interesting. Making the missions more engaging than "Go there, do X, don't die on the way." is already something we pretty much have to see to make the longevity of this game a reality.

Nevertheless, I am proposing something even vaster - a 'Superdungeon', so to speak. Given the procedural generation of the levels, I don't forsee the generation of the playground as the problem, yet the chaining of events would certainly require effort on DE's part. Let me give you an examplary rundown of such a Superdungeon.

1. An alert comes up: "Take over enemy cruiser" - not take out, take over.
  2. Tenno spawn into the level. Their first task is securing the docking bay. (Exterminate all hostiles)
  3. Once this is done, Tenno need to open up the next section of the ship (altered Deception, overriding security).
  4. The next section is the Bridge. Take out the commanding officer of the ship (Assassination).
  5. Moving right along, the Tenno now have to progress towards the Reactor and temporarily disable it (Sabotage, but instead of destruction of the reactor, a disruption) to stop the ship from moving.
  6. Once the reactor is down, the engine room needs to be defended for a given amount of time/waves (Defense, obviously).
  7. Now the ship is not moving, headless and the docking bays are clear and can be boarded in relative ease by Tenno forces.
  8. Tenno allies come and take over the ship, but there is a runaway Grineer on his way to the escape pods, picked up by the bridge sensors. You need to find and stop him (New mode: Chase - kill the target before he reaches the Escape pod).
  9. The Grineer taken out, there is another sweep (Exterminate) through the cargo hold and the ship is under Tenno control. Good job.
  10. ???
  11. Profit. Rewards. A lot of time spent on a long mission that tied together.

The point is, we are at war with the other guys, so why not steal their assets instead of just sabotaging them. Tenno forces need to get around, and having a mission like this would be great - it'd deplete gear, gives lots of XP, requires team work to ration resources and gives a deeper sense of involvement.

What are all y'alls thinking about such a (rarely occuring ) game mode?

Edited by Ced23Ric

Sounds pretty epic if you ask me. Shouldn't take too much time scripting such a thing too.

Logic wise, doesn't seem logical for a small, hit and run based force (read: Tenno) to take over a cruiser? Do the Tenno really have the required crewmembers available? Why would they even need a cruiser?

Well, you remember the language of the Defense mission, right?

"The artifact onboard of this vessel cannot be extracted by regular means. We must defend this ship until an extraction team arrives."

"We have to take full control of this vessel."

Etc. pp.

There is definately takeovers happening, and the Tenno seem to have some sort of supportive branch that works behind the scenes. Based on this, boarding actions with the Tenno as the spearhead of a commando operation do seem feasible to me. Furthermore, this can be varied - instead of a takeover, a Tenno team could have the multi-staged task of taking out siege batteries, or destroy an enemy flagship blocking Solar Rails. When this blockade occurs, travel to certain planets could be blocked until Tenno breached the blockade.

i must say i love this idea and it opens up for lots more expanded missions. if this were to actually happen, be tested, and liked by players who knows maybe we could get more special missions like this...maybe even taking over a weapons depot? same kind of idea but last action is defend then each player carrys a part of a weapon out? either get a rare blueprint or make new weapons avalible in the shop!!!

I like the change from a mission to a completely different kind of mission idea. Like, after extermination you have to defend.

So what I'd like to see that after completing a task it has a visible and interactive impact to the surroundings and environment.

Destroying a reactor just seems to turn the lights off, but if the ship started to explode all around and there would be damaged areas so the navigation becomes harder as you have to watch out for flying debris, avoid falling through destroyed floor and exposure to vacuum.

Also if you have to defend and wait for ally forces then it'd be nice if you could actually see these allies and fight alongside with them.

Edited by Kaiku