Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Make the WYSIWYG editor optional.

Ced23Ric

Oh hai! ~lolcat smiles at you.~

Some people, including myself, are fairly proficient in BB code and - speaking for myself now - I would highly appreciate to be able to disable the WYSIWYG editor. Currently, I can hardly edit my own BB code and either end up rewriting sections, or I produce illegal open tags, simply because they are hidden by the Java interpreter. An option to disable the editor would be trés bien.

Thank you for your considerations. :D

PS: While we're at it, an expansion of the editor would probably not a bad idea for those less proficient in BB code.

what editor and what's BB code ?

The editor is what you currently see when you type a post. It is a Javascript that interprets BBCode and generates BBCode with is then parsed by the webserver this forum runs on. The downside is, that you cannot see the BBCode once it's interpreted, because you will only see it as it was parsed. So instead of

[b]bold[/b]

, you see will see:

bold

Normally, that isn't much of an issue, but if you have complex threads with extensive markup, such as this, seeing your BBCode greatly helps to manage a large/complex post/thread.

BB code is Bulletin Board code - you can read up on it more here: Wikipedia: BBCode. In short, it is code that allows you to format you forum posts, such as

• lists

bold, hexcode colours, font families, sizes, links and so on.

Oh and by the way...

5a941c321ab7ce9fc76e22a679d7bd7e845f874f61ce2d431d173fec4dd8c8aa4g.jpg

You shall never post on these forums as this account again for as long as you live.

I surpassed 1337. My apologies. We have 24 hour timeformat here in Germany, and every day 13:37 comes ... and goes. Eventually, you learn to deal with the passing and arrival of leet moments in your life. My mission is more important. My people need me. If you need me, look for my sign.

ced23ric_avatar.png

Edited by Ced23Ric