Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing weapon help

shao12138

Question

I just started playing Warframe and its amazing, I love the game but there seems to be very little guideline on weapons. I read online but didn't understand most of the things and I'm not sure how to pick my weapon. I would really appreciate it if somebody can give a basic guideline on weapons and what i should pick, recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks<3

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, shao12138 said:

I just started playing Warframe and its amazing, I love the game but there seems to be very little guideline on weapons. I read online but didn't understand most of the things and I'm not sure how to pick my weapon. I would really appreciate it if somebody can give a basic guideline on weapons and what i should pick, recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks<3

I would recommend the tonkor (is a grenade launcher). With a extreme build (mine has 6 formas in it) it will become a nuke launcher. See some videos in youtube before you build it.

I have told several people this: warframe is all about finding the most awesome and exciting/ BA way to dispatch enemies.  This varies between different people's playstyles.  My suggestion for your first new weapon is to find the style you like most, maybe stealthy, or crows control, melee, etc.  And pick a weapon that will compliment that style.  Same thing with warframes.  For new players though, your options are rather limited. I suggest picking up a spam sidearm like a Magnus or vasto (or ak-versions), a boltor is a nice primary for med.  To close range, and get an orthos maybe for melee.  This will get you through pretty much every mission type early on, with pretty much any starting warframe.  As you move on, figure out your style and build weapons accordingly!

Try different weapons to get the feel of them and use the one you enjoy the most. Many specific recommendations will require either high mastery rank or rare and hard to obtain mods to really shine. Any weapon (even starting ones) will get you through 2/3 of solar system even without catalyst installed and by that time you will have access to more powerful weapons and hopefully better mods in your collection.

Leveling different weapons has also another advantage - while you do it your mastery rank goes up unlocking new toys.