Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

10 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord smiled privately. "A drone, really? You think, after I showed you up earlier, that one of your drones is going to stop me? Yeah, you're really saying something about yourself here." He grinned to himself as he loaded up another Ballista clip, and fired another devastating shot at the Conculyst. The heavy shell made a familiar droning noise as it closed in on the small object that could be considered a "head".

"One?" Lakar asks. "Probably not. But what about...."

"Nope, nope nope." A voice says. "Bad experiment."

The Conculyst falls to the ground.

"This is MY lab." The voice says. "You spent some time here. You should know that."

The room blurs and you find yourself in a plain white room. One wall across from you is covered with buttons. One reads "Push in case of spiders" another reads "Push in case of infestation". You scan the wall and find one that reads "Push in case of Lakar."

Lakar drops to the ground before you, his staff held at the ready.

He appears to be back to full strength. An armored cage covers his mid-section.

"Enough games then." He says. "Let's end this."

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Xander jumped up quickly and helped the other up.

"I am SO sorry! I'm kinda clumsy and I tripped, and now i've bowled you over too! My apologies!"

He bowed to the figure, but he bowed too deeply and fell flat on his face. Again.

The figure flickered.  They appeared to be a tangible hologram.  "Don't worry about it."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"One?" Lakar asks. "Probably not. But what about...."

"Nope, nope nope." A voice says. "Bad experiment."

The Conculyst falls to the ground.

"This is MY lab." The voice says. "You spent some time here. You should know that."

The room blurs and you find yourself in a plain white room. One wall across from you is covered with buttons. One reads "Push in case of spiders" another reads "Push in case of infestation". You scan the wall and find one that reads "Push in case of Lakar."

Lakar drops to the ground before you, his staff held at the ready.

He appears to be back to full strength. An armored cage covers his mid-section.

"Enough games then." He says. "Let's end this."

"With pleasure!" Lord shouted gleefully. He summoned a shield to his arm again, although this one took on more of a wall shield form than a targe. Once again unsheathing a single Ripkas claw, he attempts to move to the button that says "Press in case of Lakar". His body is surrounded by a tangible aura of electricity, which seems to be boosting his movement speed, attack speed, and strength.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

The figure flickered.  They appeared to be a tangible hologram.  "Don't worry about it."

Xander stood up (again) and nodded.

"If you say so. So, where was I supposed to go...? Agh, think, Xander Hollowfall, Think... Right! I was supposed to wait for someone!"

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm Sal.  I'm just an intern.  Katherine should be here soon; she's bringing in patients from a construction accident right now.  Simon told me you have supplies of an ambiguous nature?"[/color]

"Indeed I do. Do you need them by any chance?"

12 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"With pleasure!" Lord shouted gleefully. He summoned a shield to his arm again, although this one took on more of a wall shield form than a targe. Once again unsheathing a single Ripkas claw, he attempts to move to the button that says "Press in case of Lakar". His body is surrounded by a tangible aura of electricity, which seems to be boosting his movement speed, attack speed, and strength.

Lakar shifts to block your path. He swings his staff around in an arcing strike. He seems faster than before, as well. Though the sentient plates making up the cage look sickly.

14 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Xander stood up (again) and nodded.

"If you say so. So, where was I supposed to go...? Agh, think, Xander Hollowfall, Think... Right! I was supposed to wait for someone!"

"That would be me.  I'm projecting a hologram of myself from the building.  We're still working out the kinks and I thought this was a good test.  If you'll follow me..."  The operative hologram turned and began walking slowly back to the village.

6 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Indeed I do. Do you need them by any chance?"

"They certainly never hurt.  What do you have?"

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That would be me.  I'm projecting a hologram of myself from the building.  We're still working out the kinks and I thought this was a good test.  If you'll follow me..."  The operative hologram turned and began walking slowly back to the village.

"They certainly never hurt.  What do you have?"

Xander nodded and followed, careful not to trip.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Lakar shifts to block your path. He swings his staff around in an arcing strike. He seems faster than before, as well. Though the sentient plates making up the cage look sickly.

Lord blocked the strike with his shield, the energy strangely tangible enough to block physical blows. As Lakar's staff enters the glowing aura around Lord, he starts to get a pins-and-needles feeling, almost like his limbs are going numb from constant exposure to electricity. 

5 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord blocked the strike with his shield, the energy strangely tangible enough to block physical blows. As Lakar's staff enters the glowing aura around Lord, he starts to get a pins-and-needles feeling, almost like his limbs are going numb from constant exposure to electricity. 

Lakar pulls his arm back.

"Thank you." He says. "Most helpful."

hos armor shifts and a prosecutor aura of electricity appears around him. His weapon and armor spark.

He leaps into the air and curls into fetal position. Power arcs over his body.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Lakar pulls his arm back.

"Thank you." He says. "Most helpful."

hos armor shifts and a prosecutor aura of electricity appears around him. His weapon and armor spark.

He leaps into the air and curls into fetal position. Power arcs over his body.

"Ah, ability leech. What a strange man.". he said as he covered himself fully with his shield, preparing to weather the oncoming Overload.

7 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Ah, ability leech. What a strange man.". he said as he covered himself fully with his shield, preparing to weather the oncoming Overload.

He wave makes it halfway to you before collapsing back in on itself. The sentient plates fall off and Lakar convulses as power washes over him. He seem incapacitated.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He wave makes it halfway to you before collapsing back in on itself. The sentient plates fall off and Lakar convulses as power washes over him. He seem incapacitated.

"Phahahaha! At least learn to use a power before trying!" Lord laughed. "Here, have a free demonstration!" He shouted as he prepared his own Overload.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Button." The voice shouts. "Use the button."

Lakar looks weakened. It's possible another blast would destroy his physical form.

Lord walked over and slammed the button. He watched Lakar in expectation.

A shiny death orb opens up from the wall, a vortex of energy faces the being. He turns to stare unnerving at you, his mouth moving. Whatever he says is drowned out by the rush of air. He vanishes into the orb. The plates slide back over it and....

A hand shoves a plate back out. Lakar pulls himself partially out of the orb.

The plate slams back into place and the orb shakes silently before growing still. The wall slides open revealing what appears to be a simulacrum room. Instead of the void, however, it is lined with similar orbs. The one containing Lakar slides into an open spot.

"Excellent". The voice says. "A perfect challenge for the next batch of Second Generation Tenno."

A void gate appears from the floor.

"Before we meet, could you press the spiders button. Blasted things seem to be breeding faster than Fluffles."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The plate slams back into place and the orb shakes silently before growing still. The wall slides open revealing what appears to be a simulacrum room. Instead of the void however it is lined with similar orbs. The one containing Lakar slides into an open spot.

"Excellent". The voice says. "A perfect challenge for the next batch of Second Generation Tenno."

A void gate appears from the floor.

"Before we meet, could you press the spiders button. Blasted things seem to be breeding faster than Fluffles."

"Will do, I guess..." Lord pressed the button and stepped through the void gate.

12 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Will do, I guess..." Lord pressed the button and stepped through the void gate.

You hear the whoosh of flame. A wave of heat rolls through the portal. Apparently the response to spiders is a system purge.

You find yourself in what appears to be a hangar. A massive Orokin warship sits amid struts and supports. It is far larger than any ship you have ever seen. Massive death orb cannons sit in the wings.  It appears heavily damaged.

A Orokin script covers the side.

"Behold the fury of righteous men." The script says. "Be...old... O...r V...nge...nce."

"What do you think of it?" The voice from before asks. "The first Tenno Dreadnought. Designed it myself. Took nearly a year to build, even with Orokin tech."

You hear the whoosh of flame. A wave of heat rolls through the portal. Apparently the response to spiders is a system purge.

You find yourself in what appears to be a hangar. A massive Orokin warship sits amid struts and supports. It is far larger than any ship you have ever seen. Massive death orb cannons sit in the wings.  It appears heavily damaged.

A Orokin script covers the side.

"Behold the fury of righteous men." The script says. "Be...old... O...r V...nge...nce."

"What do you think of it?" The voice from before asks. "The first Tenno Dreadnought. Designed it myself. Took nearly a year to build, even with Orokin tech."

"Truly an impressive work, I must say. But I can't say who built it. Would you mind enlightening me?"

A Tenno in robes walks up. A Nikana Prime hangs at his side. He appears to be mid 20's. Void scars run down his arms. 

He bows.

"Ryoko." He says. "Arbiter of Miraalan. Elder of Hexis. Steward of Synergy."

He gestures to the ship.

"The Grineer sent three Balro Formorians against us." He says. "The Vengeance and her sister ship lost half their armor before they even got off the ground. The Formorians of course lost a lot more. I assume you saw their wreckage on the way down."

Edited by Rakawan

A Tenno in robes walks up. A Nikana Prime hangs at his side. He appears to be mid 20's. Void scars run down his arms. 

He bows.

"Ryoko." He says. "Arbiter of Miraalan. Elder of Hexis. Steward of Synergy."

He gestures to the ship.

"The Grineer sent three Balro Formorians against us." He says. "The Vengeance and her sister ship lost half their armor before they even got off the ground. The Formorians of course lost a lot more. I assume you saw their wreckage on the way down."

"Apparently not! Even more resources to work with!" Lord sounded excited.

4 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Apparently not! Even more resources to work with!" Lord sounded excited.

Ryoko smiles grimly.

"I'm afriaid those Formorians are under the claim of Steel Meridian." He says. "No doubt they could be persuaded to part with a few components. But probably not the whole ship."

He motions to a side office.

"If you'll come with me I'd like to discuss the matter further."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Ryoko smiles grimly.

"I'm afriaid those Formorians are under the claim of Steel Meridian." He says. "No doubt they could be persuaded to part with a few components. But probably not the whole ship."

He motions to a side office.

"If you'll come with me I'd like to discuss the matter further."

"Of course." Lord follows him into the office.