Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Aye, at least we can slow down some progress." 

Cynthia had no idea how to exactly make the fieldron function and was intrested in her suggestion. "hmm... a beam weapon could work. Although i ain't very experienced with making those."

"We'd need a magnetic focusing system." The woman says. "Something like..."

She rummages in a crate.

"Ryoko, have you seen my focusing kit?" She asks.

"Melanie used it for the Plasma Lance, remember?" The Arbtier calls back.

"Drat." The young woman says. "I'm out of ideas then. If this were one of my Orokin weapons I could..."

Her eyes gleam.

"Why not change our approach?" She asks. "We're thinking like Grineer, trying to fix and replace. Why not think like Sentient. Take the concept and utilize it in a new design?"

she turns to Ruoko.

"Did you finish installing the fabricator in my lab?" She asks.

"Finished and stocked with what recovered prime components I could spare." He replies. "Should be ready to go, as soon as you have a design."

The young woman turns to you.

"Would you like to see my lab?" She asks. "It's much more pristine than this storage room."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

-snippidy-

"Changing our approach, that sounds good to me." Cynthia replied as she picked up the gun and the parts of it laying around. 

"Well yar lab sounds like a much better place to work so i don't see any reason to not go there."

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Changing our approach, that sounds good to me." Cynthia replied as she picked up the gun and the parts of it laying around. 

"Well yar lab sounds like a much better place to work so i don't see any reason to not go there."

You follow the Tenno woman down the hall to an ornate door.

"Athena please prepare the fabrication systems." The young woman says. "We have a guest."

"Right away Operator." A Cephalon says. It's voice sounds feminine and different from the Ordis model. "Welcome back."

The door opens and you walk in. The Lab is spacious and very pristine. The walls are white and covered with gold trim along the supports. It feels as if you have walked back into the Orokin era.

A gold-laced sphere floats up to you. It seems uniform in design except for a single eye-insignia carved into the front. Barely visible lines reveal that the shell might be capable of opening.

"Greetings visitor, I am Athena, Series-3 Cephalon assigned to Felicity." It says. "Is there anything you would like to know?"

Felicity motions for you to join her at the table. A holographic display floats above the surface of the table.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Athena please prepare the fabrication systems." The young woman says. "We have a guest."

"Right away Operator." A Cephalon says. It's voice sounds feminine and different from the Ordis model. "Welcome back."

The door opens and you walk in. The Lab is spacious and very pristine. The walls are white and covered with gold trim along the supports. It feels as if you have walked back into the Orokin era.

A good-laced sphere floats up to you. It seems uniform in design except for a single eye-insignia carved into the front. Barely visible lines reveal that the shell might be capable of opening.

"Greetings visitor, I am Athena, Series-3 Cephalon assigned to Felicity." It says. "Is there anything you would like to know?"

Felicity motions for you to join her at the table. A holographic display floats above the surface of the table.

It took Cynthia a few seconds to realise that Felicity was talking to a cephalon. She never used one much herself. She always prefered the silence without one, The lab felt big, which was fairly comforting since normally she had to work on modification in tight spaces.

"Right now i dun need to know anything, Athena."

She walked to Felicity and put the brekkar on the table and taking a look at the display.

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shattered and sliced remains of Mania's Warframe fall to the ground. Angst falls limp, her energy draining away.

The Saryn dissolves in the blast, the EMP causing her poisons systems to go haywire. 

The Rhino rises to his feet, his armor scratched and cracked. His other sword withers and falls to the ground. He stomps on the orb that falls from it and recasts Iron Skin.

Malice explodes in a wave of icy force, slowing nearby enemies. 

The fire from the Soma coupled with the Archon and Wraith's shots tear apart Torment.

Vioence staggers and notices his fallen comrades. He attempts to flee only to find more Excaliburs, their shoulders marked with the glaive symbol, blocking his path.

"Surrender." Theylin says. "Or at least have the decency to finish our duel, you honorless worm."

The Nekros Prime disappears and reappears by the downed Misery. He pulls the spear free, the Acolyte beneath it dissolving into energy in his palm.

The other Nekros Acolyte raises his hands, an orb of shadow appearing around him. The bodies of the fallen Acolytes begin to twitch.

Being out of energy and rounds in her Akmagnus, Banshee bulletjumped at the same wall from wich her fellow Valkyr snapped Angst. She takes off her Vectis prime and begins to unload duplets at hostile Rhino.

The friendly Valkyr swiftly registered the twitches Angst's frame made, and with a speed of a wild and wretched mog jumped at the another black Nekros when he attempted to raise the dead, pinning him down to the ground after a couple of inertial rolls and beginning to tear his helmet with savage vigor. 

After a serie of rolls and one jump, Oberon swiftly took Banshee's previous position. He quickly spread the hallow grounds, securing his teammates from suffering stun caused by the enemy Rhino's possible stomp and dead Saryn's poison, and trained his Vaykor Hek at the tough target.  

Rhino performed yet another roar, depleting his energy reserves, unholstered his Aksomati and opened fire at the competing Rhino.

Chroma was already out of the energy, and so he dropped the team energy restorer and reloaded his Vaykor Hek while his teammates suppressed the enemy with fire.

After landing per a control shot at Malice's and Torment's corpses from her pyrana, Mesa, Frost prime and Trinity prime Jumped at the nearest building's roof, taking new firing position and starting to unload their shots from Peacemakers and two primed Somas at the remaining Rhino.

The second antimatter orb began to float above War acolyte.

Edited by Teloch

31 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Being out of energy and rounds in her Akmagnus, Banshee bulletjumped at the same wall from wich her fellow Valkyr snapped Angst. She takes off her Vectis prime and begins to unload duplets at hostile Rhino.

The friendly Valkyr swiftly registered the twitches Angst's frame made, and with a speed of a wild and wretched mog jumped at the another black Nekros when he attempted to raise the dead, pinning him down to the ground after a couple of inertial rolls and beginning to tear his helmet with savage vigor. 

After a serie of rolls and one jump, Oberon swiftly took Banshee's previous position. He quickly spread the hallow grounds, securing his teammates from suffering stun caused by the enemy Rhino's possible stomp and dead Saryn's poison, and trained his Vaykor Hek at the tough target.  

Rhino performed yet another roar, depleting his energy reserves, unholstered his Aksomati and opened fire at the competing Rhino.

Chroma was already out of the energy, and so he dropped the team energy restorer and reloaded his Vaykor Hek while his teammates suppressed the enemy with fire.

After landing per a control shot at Malice's and Torment's corpses from her pyrana, Mesa, Frost prime and Trinity prime Jumped at the nearest building's roof, taking new firing position and starting to unload their shots from Peacemakers and two primed Somas at the remaining Rhino.

The second antimatter orb began to float above War acolyte.

The twitching corpses dissolve into smoke and the Nekros knocks the Valkyr off with unbelievable strength. 

"Insolent whelp." He snaps reaching for War. The Rhino Qcolyte screams as dark energy our us from his Warframe towards the Acolyte's hand. 

He raises his hand and a sniper shot blows the Acolyte's hand off.

The Nekros stares at the limb for a second before turning to face you.

"You will all..." He starts.

A beam of plasma burns a hole in his chest and he collapses.

Melanie walks up behind the group surverying the scene.

"Troublesome foes." She says. "Is anyone hurt?"

Theylin pulls his Destrezza from the remains of Violence.

"None of my men." He says. "Wraith?"

The red and black Ash leaps down from the roof.

"No casualties." He says. "My men have secured the crash site. Any damage to your troops, Major?"

Edited by Rakawan

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A gold-laced sphere floats up to you. It seems uniform in design except for a single eye-insignia carved into the front. Barely visible lines reveal that the shell might be capable of opening.

"Operator." Athena says. "Reports from the Ascendance volunteer autos show no significant difference between your tissue and that of the volunteers who failed Ascendance. Shall I compare the rest of the second generation Tenno samples?"

Felicity looks up at the Cephalon.

"Start with Jas and Sasha." She said. "See if we can figure out whether or not long term void exposure increases the chances of success."

She hits a button and the Brekkar dissolves into data.

"Dogital analysis complete." Athena says. "Components ready for manipulation."

The components of the Breakkar appear on the holographic table as digital icons.

"Excellent." Felicity says. "So what classification should we build towards, rifle, shotgun, launcher?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Operator." Athena says. "Reports from the Ascendance volunteer autos show no significant difference between your tissue and that of the volunteers who failed Ascendance. Shall I compare the rest of the second generation Tenno samples?"

Felicity looks up at the Cephalon.

"Start with Jas and Sasha." She said. "See if we can figure out whether or not long term void exposure increases the chances of success."

She hits a button and the Brekkar dissolves into data.

"Dogital analysis complete." Athena says. "Components ready for manipulation."

The components of the Breakkar appear on the holographic table as digital icons.

"Excellent." Felicity says. "So what classification should we build towards, rifle, shotgun, launcher?"

Cynthia wasn't listening to the conversation between Athena and Felicty and only paid attention once the Brekkar just disolved. 

She took a look over the digital icons. "I would say a shotgun. Something for when enemies get too close for comfort."

7 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cynthia wasn't listening to the conversation between Athena and Felicty and only paid attention once the Brekkar just disolved. 

She took a look over the digital icons. "I would say a shotgun. Something for when enemies get too close for comfort."

"I thought so." Felicity said. "Any existing preferences. Long barrel, short barrel? I can modify the chassis as you want from here. Once we have that we can work out the internals, the model will update to compensate for any changes."

She pulls up a list of Prime weapons.

"Of you have a preferred chassis we could us that as well." She says.

47 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No casualties." He says. "My men have secured the crash site. Any damage to your troops, Major?"

"Negative. But it is only because Theylin and his forces pulled off Violence and allowed our troops to take the power suppression initiative over foes," Mesa said calmly, "It was a good experience for my men in terms of their way to the elite divisions participation, and now we know about the additional trick these scums learnt to employ". After a couple of seconds invested in considerations, Mesa added, "They were talking about a plan of sorts. Means we should not let our guard down before we examine the site of event". She turned to Melanie, "It is beyond my authority to advise you, but it may be reasonable to declare the temporary state of emergency until we get more information on how does this incident become possible". She looked at her HUD, "The appointed time of negotiations approaches... and I guess that, after this incident, they would now have a new topic to cover. Perhaps we will have to perform this act of diplomacy in the "field"" 

Edited by Teloch

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I thought so." Felicity said. "Any existing preferences. Long barrel, short barrel? I can modify the chassis as you want from here. Once we have that we can work out the internals, the model will update to compensate for any changes."

She pulls up a list of Prime weapons.

"Of you have a preferred chassis we could us that as well." She says.

"Well i usually use a costum chassis that is a combination of a braton prime and rubico. But i guess that won't be the most effective for this... Actually i think i want to stick with this chassis. I like the brutal look it has." Cynthia replied taking a look at the list of Prime weapons.

21 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Negative. But it is only because Theylin and his forces pulled off Violence and allowed our troops to take the power suppression initiative over foes," Mesa said calmly, "It was a good experience for my men in terms of their way to the elite divisions participation, and now we know about an additional trick these scums learnt to employ". After a couple of seconds invested in considerations, Mesa added, "They were talking about a plan of sorts. Means we should not let our guard down before we examine the event". She turned to Melanie, "It is beyond my authority to advise you, but it may be reasonable to declare the temporary state of emergency until we get more information on how does this incident become possible". She looked at her HUD, "The appointed time of negotiations approaches... and I guess that, after this incident, they would now have a new topic to cover. Perhaps we will have to perform this act of diplomacy in the "field"" 

Theylin looks at the civilians.

"My men will sweep the area with the Wraiths and check for any additional contacts." He says. "You should make your way to the Citadel until we can verify the area is safe."

"I have already summoned a transport." Melanie says. "We can begin negotiations aboard it."

The transport lands and Melanie helps the injured Archon up the ramp.

"Unfortunately the craft only has room for two more." She calls back. "Choose your second, Major, and we can begin negotiations. I can send craft back for your remaining troops or they can assist Theylin and the Wraiths. It's your choice."

20 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Well i usually use a costum chassis that is a combination of a braton prime and rubico. But i guess that won't be the most effective for this... Actually i think i want to stick with this chassis. I like the brutal look it has." Cynthia replied taking a look at the list of Prime weapons.

Felicity presses a button and the previous design comes up. A few shifts and it appears "cleaned up". The ferocity is the design is the same but it seems a bit sleeker and less bulbous. Instead of the gorgon's little "whiskers" a few golden spikes protrude. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity presses a button and the previous design comes up. A few shifts and it appears "cleaned up". The ferocity is the design is the same but it seems a bit sleeker and less bulbous. Instead of the gorgon's little "whiskers" a few golden spikes protrude. 

"That certainly looks nice. So how are we going to get started on building this?"

((Also i finally found this drawing that the Brekkar reminded me off))

Spoiler

SU8n0Hs.png

Edited by kyrozon

6 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"That certainly looks nice. So how are we going to get started on building this?"

((Also i finally found this drawing that the Brekkar reminded me off))

Hide contents

SU8n0Hs.png

The design fragments outward and you see empty space. A list of components, in common language, appears.

"Drag and drop." Felicity says. "I'll update parameters as needed. So first off are we sticking with the plasma encased metal shards, or moving to a more 'pure' system?"

"Unfortunately the craft only has room for two more." She calls back. "Choose your second, Major, and we can begin negotiations. I can send craft back for your remaining troops or they can assist Theylin and the Wraiths. It's your choice."

Major Bloom switched her speakers to the inner channel, and spoke to Theylin "Our troops will assist yours. Please, coordinate the needed actions with Lieutenant Rossberg". Oberon saluted quickly while Frost prime approached his major. Bloom slightly nodded at the newly approached Frost and spoke to Melanie, "We're ready to take off"

Shortly after packing inside the vessel, Bloom asked, "Can we establish the comm bridge with terminus now?" After asking, she prepared her HUD to use the personnel contacting data.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The design fragments outward and you see empty space. A list of components, in common language, appears.

"Drag and drop." Felicity says. "I'll update parameters as needed. So first off are we sticking with the plasma encased metal shards, or moving to a more 'pure' system?"

"I rather move to a 'pure' system. Something with just good ol' bullets. Also ya have any idea what the bullet spread on this thing will be?"

Edited by kyrozon

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Major Bloom switched her speakers to the inner channel, and spoke to Theylin "Our troops will assist yours. Please, coordinate the needed actions with Lieutenant Rossberg". Oberon saluted quickly while Frost prime approached his major. Bloom slightly nodded at the newly approached Frost and spoke to Melanie, "We're ready to take off"

Shortly after packing inside the vessel, Bloom asked, "Can we establish the comm bridge with terminus now?" After asking, she prepared her HUD to use the personnel contacting data.

The Chancellor sat back in her chair. The room was spacious and luxurious. The table in the center projected a strange sigil.

"Of course." Melanie said. "The holo-table will generate an image of you wish."

She plugged in her device and transferred a certain data block. "This is colonel's business channel requisites. Now we only need for the rail control to establish and secure the connection" 

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She plugged in her device and transferred a certain data block. "This is colonel's business channel requisites. Now we only need for the rail control to establish and secure the connection" 

Simon receives the data and opens a channel.

"Terminus connection in place." He says. "Awaiting response. Please be aware that long range beacons may be used to boost reception if the rail needs to transfer channels. It should work fine, but there may be a slight delay."

Melanie folds her hands and adjusts her robe while she waits for the Commander to respond.

16 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I rather move to a 'pure' system. Something with just good ol' bullets. Also ya have any idea what the bullet spread on this thing will be?"

Felicity adjusts a control and you see several barrel components appear. Another tap and each shows an animation of bullets firing, then zooms out to show the spread at incremental ranges. 

"First we need pellet count." She said. "And size. We can adjust range and spread later. Any weapons to base it off of or do you want to just set values and see what we get?"

Felicity adjusts a control and you see several barrel components appear. Another tap and each shows an animation of bullets firing, then zooms out to show the spread at incremental ranges. 

"First we need pellet count." She said. "And size. We can adjust range and spread later. Any weapons to base it off of or do you want to just set values and see what we get?"

"Mhm well i like the Hek as a shotgun so that seems like a good shot to base things of." Cynthia was suprised with how much this display could well display about the costumisations they are making. 

Felicity notices Cynthia's glances at the computer and explains.

"I'm used to Orokin tech." She says. "Before I went into cryo-sleep, back when I was still only human, I used to design weapons for Ryoko. He found and salvaged enough tech to get me a set-up like I used before. Corpus designer software is good, but it's still a reverse engineered, mass produced, copy. Whoever he traded with for this gear it was worth it."

She pulls up a design. The barrel is long and thin, meant to hold the shots together.

"With this design we could fit two barrels into the chassis and still have room for cooling systems and maybe a silencer, or we could increase the pellet count, add stabilizers, or maybe increase magazine capacity." She says. "But a silenced shotgun, now that would be interesting. Dixon tried the Tigris with his augmented Loki, but he never liked having to close. Was always worried the cloak would drop too soon."

"What sort of rounds are we looking at?" She says. "We've got the standard kinds: bladed, blunt, pellet. Or we could build it for targeting weak points. You'd have to hit something critical, but they'd do more damage to vital spots."

"Heh i wish i had the ability to work with this kind of tech. Always had to make modifications on the fly, out there in the field. It was tough but i loved it."

Cynthia looked at the design. The long and thin barrel would allow for longer range use which she liked. She listened to the options Felicity listened. Stabilizers would be useful but she would have no idea how harsh the recoil is. The cooling system was needed for against the heat that the weapon generated. The two barrels would allow for higher damage capabilties and the silencer sounded useful too.

"A silenced shotgun does sound interesting but how harsh would the recoil be? I would like to know if those stabilizers would be needed. And is it possible to create those radiation bullets like Ryoko's rubico for this gun?" 

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Heh i wish i had the ability to work with this kind of tech. Always had to make modifications on the fly, out there in the field. It was tough but i loved it."

Cynthia looked at the design. The long and thin barrel would allow for longer range use which she liked. She listened to the options Felicity listened. Stabilizers would be useful but she would have no idea how harsh the recoil is. The cooling system was needed for against the heat that the weapon generated. The two barrels would allow for higher damage capabilties and the silencer sounded useful too.

"A silenced shotgun does sound interesting but how harsh would the recoil be? I would like to know if those stabilizers would be needed. And is it possible to create those radiation bullets like Ryoko's rubico for this gun?" 

Felicity looks at the specs.

"That would depend on the propellant we used in the firing mechanism." She says. "If we wanted radiation rounds we would have to use slugs. And even then it would need a long barrel and much stronger mag-rails to be on par with that rifle."