The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Both Icarus and Luv waved Richard farewell. Once he was gone, they looked back at their tour guide.

"So, where to next?" Icarus asked.

"Well that depends on what you hoped to do here." Mira says. "Is this a romantic getaway, or more of a vacation from work?"

7 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria simply pushed the Rhino's hand aside. "The name is Cyria and whoever this Maria is I am not her." She didn't expect Fell to be behind her if she turned around her. Those robbed figures from earlier also just appeared and probably could dissepear as easily.

Fell waited for the flash of black to cross his vision and bring him to Death.

The Darkness across your vision fades, and you see Death leaning over something. Red light fills the room and something dark drips from the shears he is holding. He is humming something, a quaint little tune.

"Come on everybody smile smile smile." He sings, in a barely audible voice. 

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Darkness across your vision fades, and you see Death leaning over something. Red light fills the room and something dark drips from the shears he is holding. He is humming something, a quaint little tune.

"Come on everybody smile smile smile." He sings, in a barely audible voice. 

Fell walks up to Death, listening to the soft tune, staying quiet.

Cyria looks over her shoulder to were Fell stood, just like she expected he was gone.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

The Chroma turns sideways while still holding the box and the Operator turns just enough to see the Warship comfortably. With a flick to the right side of it's head, a Naramon lens flips out from within it's eyelid and the Operator proceeds to look the ship up and down very slowly. It then pushes the lens back up under it's eyelid and nods approvingly.

"She a from-scratch job? Whoever your boyfriend is, he certainly has quite the knack for packing as much punch into as small a space as physically possible."

The Operator pauses for a moment.

"I think there's some form of joke in there, but I can't seem to. . .

The Operator shakes it's head like a Kubrow shakeing off water and the Chroma turns back towards you.

"Bah, never mind, nice layout all the same. Will have to meet him at some point, see if the master will pull-back the current on some of the details I can't see. Say, you wouldn't happen to know who Mr. Calculater over in the corner is, would you?

The Operator points in the person's direction while the Chroma sways it's head a bit in their direction.

"Hasn't done much since we showed up."

"Hasn't done much!?!" The man shrieks. "Hasn't..... My good fellow. I have been calculating the chances of misfortune befalling us all since the moment you arrive in this facility. And the results are not promising, not promising at all. Why even if a beam of sunlight doesn't set off that redeemer at just the right moment, there is still a .00000045% chance that I could slip and nearly fall to my death over the railing if you sneezed, and Felicity turns three degrees to the right."

"Like this?" Felicity asks, turning.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE!?!" The man asks. 

"Have you finished the jump coordinate calculations, yet?" Felicity asks. 

"Yes." He says. "And I finished your four dimensional Sudoku puzzle, and that quaint little trinket you called a 5D rubik's cube. Didn't see what all the fuss was."

It appears the man is quite, quite smart. And quite, quite mad.

Just now, kyrozon said:

Fell walks up to Death, listening to the soft tune, staying quiet.

Cyria looks over her shoulder to were Fell stood, just like she expected he was gone.

Death steps back. You can now see that the dark liquid is just water, caught at the wrong angle, and that the object he was trimming was a small tree. You have seen this shape before, it is one of the fluffles, small creatures that roam the plains outside the monastery.

"Isn't it adorable?" Death asks. His voice does not change from a raspy whisper, something you'd expect to be hissing threats, not lauding animals.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Death steps back. You can now see that the dark liquid is just water, caught at the wrong angle, and that the object he was trimming was a small tree. You have seen this shape before, it is one of the fluffles, small creatures that roam the plains outside the monastery.

"Isn't it adorable?" Death asks. His voice does not change from a raspy whisper, something you'd expect to be hissing threats, not lauding animals.

"Yes it is pretty cute." Fell says with a slight confusion in his voice. It really wasn't what he expected to see.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Yes it is pretty cute." Fell says with a slight confusion in his voice. It really wasn't what he expected to see.

"These marvelous creatures can destroy a years worth of crops in a matter of days." Death says, awe in his voice. "They can condemn and entire colony to starvation within a month. Their constat movement renders their meat tough and nearly inedible, and they breed faster than convention control methods can react. Such adorable creatures. So fluffy, so deadly."

He looks up.

"Tsun would like to speak with you." He says. "He is in the main hall. I would not keep the Sage waiting."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"These marvelous creatures can destroy a years worth of crops in a matter of days." Death says, awe in his voice. "They can condemn and entire colony to starvation within a month. Their constat movement renders their meat tough and nearly inedible, and they breed faster than convention control methods can react. Such adorable creatures. So fluffy, so deadly."

He looks up.

"Tsun would like to speak with you." He says. "He is in the main hall. I would not keep the Sage waiting."

That really didn't sound like something that would be so adorable. But well he was seeing a depiction of such a cute creature right infront of him. "Alright, I will go talk to Tsun..." He says as he heads to the main hall.

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"What any self-respecting pirate hopes to gain." The Commodore says. "Ships and booty."

He clears his throat.

"Booty referring to any gear whose owners happened to meet you." He says. "And ships referring to the one you will be infiltrating. Now you may be wondering how I plan to take said ship, when it was made clear that the numbers aboard where too great to overcome.

He rummages in a sack.

"The standard Grineer response to infestation aboard submersible vessels is to immediately gas the area with a potent neurotoxin." He says. "With the exception of the safe room, where the VIP will be, as the gas would corrode his body and damage his brain. This also happens to be the response if Tenno incursion is reported. So if you happen to set off alarms, the VIP will ingest a suicide capsule, preserving his body and genetic memories for extraction, and the entire place will become uninhabitable."

He pulls out a stun gun, and a small capsule.

"This, however, works to our benefit." He says. "Capture the VIP, stun him, and extract. On your way out place this little beauty next to the nearest console. It will "hatch" a Djinn sentinel, that will begin infecting the crew, and thus trigger the fail-safe. The Grineer aboard will die and the safe room, now empty, will be locked down. Leaving us a prime opportunity to clean and retake the ship."

He tosses both systems onto the table and they vanish. A beep confirms that two digital packages been received by the WTC, originating from the channel. The lights behind the man flicker, as if the power requirements for the transfer were barely sufficient.

"You get a VIP, the latest batch of clones never see the light of day, and we get a brand new ship." He says. "Win-win. You in?"

"What an imaginative monsieur pirate!" Estelle chuckled, "Does this ship has fold engines?" she asked more seriously

9 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

That really didn't sound like something that would be so adorable. But well he was seeing a depiction of such a cute creature right infront of him. "Alright, I will go talk to Tsun..." He says as he heads to the main hall.

You find Tsun in a spacious room. 

"You have many questions." He says. "And I have little time. So ask."

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"What an imaginative monsieur pirate!" Estelle chuckled, "Does this ship has fold engines?" she asked more seriously

"Its a submersible." The Commodore says. "I probably should have mentioned that the reason you'll need our help is that, until we force it to surface, it will be UNDERWATER, and thus beyond the reach of most conventional weapons."

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"Why do you want me to be the grandmaster?"

"Straight to the point then." Tsun says. "Because I trust you. Because you know what it is like to walk away from the Shadow. Because you will need allies by your side. And last but not least, because these children need a leader, and I will not be physically around much longer."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Straight to the point then." Tsun says. "Because I trust you. Because you know what it is like to walk away from the Shadow. Because you will need allies by your side. And last but not least, because these children need a leader, and I will not be physically around much longer."

"Me? A leader? I'm not sure if I would be suited for that... I have been working solo for most of my life..."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Its a submersible." The Commodore says. "I probably should have mentioned that the reason you'll need our help is that, until we force it to surface, it will be UNDERWATER, and thus beyond the reach of most conventional weapons."

"We do have capacities to infiltrate submerged entities. But the "jewelry" work would require specification on this ship's hull breaches. If there's no such data, then we may work out another way to let my kittens to tickle this ship's entrails" 

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"We do have capacities to infiltrate submerged entities. But the "jewelry" work would require specification on this ship's hull breaches. If there's no such data, then we may work out another way to let my kittens to tickle this ship's entrails" 

"Once the ship has surfaced, it should be vulnerable to standard "stinger" insertion." Commodore Brekk says. "We will keep up a volley of fire when you breach so that any hull-breaches will be attributed to our attacks, and not your insertion team. However once the Galleons appear we will have to turn our attention to them. Keep in mind that once your troops are aboard that shuttle, you will have little time to react if the defenses are triggered. Your warframes may shield you from the gas, but it will eventually eat away at them, it was designed to deal with infested, of which the frames are partially made."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Fell sighed. "I guess I should give it the best I got then."

"Then by my right as acting master, I name you Grandmaster of the Brotherhood of Shadows." Tsun says. "And as Sage, I recommend you go around and talk to the other members. Get to know them. I have a task, but it needs some tweaks first."

"Then by my right as acting master, I name you Grandmaster of the Brotherhood of Shadows." Tsun says. "And as Sage, I recommend you go around and talk to the other members. Get to know them. I have a task, but it needs some tweaks first."

"Alright good luck with whatever your task is." Fell says as he walks off, looking for other members.

Cyria was still just waiting for the Rhino to reply to her not being Maria.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Alright good luck with whatever your task is." Fell says as he walks off, looking for other members.

Cyria was still just waiting for the Rhino to reply to her not being Maria.

You find the Rhino in a large cavern room, practicing with two War greatswords. He swings both of them around in wide, arcing sweeps.

-----

The shade stands very still for a few moments, and then grabs you by the shoulder.

"Maria." He says. "Maria it's me, your old friend."

He freezes and then disperses.

A man in an ornate robe walks towards you.

"Tenno." He says. "Is there something you need?"

You find the Rhino in a large cavern room, practicing with two War greatswords. He swings both of them around in wide, arcing sweeps.

-----

The shade stands very still for a few moments, and then grabs you by the shoulder.

"Maria." He says. "Maria it's me, your old friend."

He freezes and then disperses.

A man in an ornate robe walks towards you.

"Tenno." He says. "Is there something you need?"

Fell kept his distance to not be hit by the swords. "Greetings."

---

Cyria appeared unfazed by the disepearance of the shade. 

As soon as the man speaks up she turns to him. "A place to rest would be nice and could you maybe inform me about recent events surrounding the tenno know under the name Fell."

Just now, kyrozon said:

Fell kept his distance to not be hit by the swords. "Greetings."

---

Cyria appeared unfazed by the disepearance of the shade. 

As soon as the man speaks up she turns to him. "A place to rest would be nice and could you maybe inform me about recent events surrounding the tenno know under the name Fell."

"Grandmaster." The Rhino says, stowing the blades and bowing. "I apologize for startling you earlier. I was concerned about the Sage."

-----

"We can provide the first." The man says. "But I am somewhat at a loss as to the second, at least currently. I was hoping you could tell me where he is."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Resources are standing by for loading." Melanie says. "Workers standing by. Glad to see you were punctual, some of the workers were starting to act like they had time off, the lazy bums."

She designates a landing zone near the colony.

"And, if it would not be too much to ask, can you add a four-pack of canned beer to the cargo meant for the head ship? Since there are no trade unions left by this particular century, there are but a few ways left for a honest laborer to survive the prolonged overtime exploitation. Thanks"the pilot replied.

The drop vessels opened up their armored "bellies" and began to beam down huge containers, smaller containers, and polyethylene-wrapped self-packed objects. The last cargo to deploy was the gravi-pad armored vehicle. Judging by the speed of it's downward beaming, the pilot treated it as the most fragile object from all of the cargo. When the half of the field was already occupied with the unloaded cargo, one by one the dropships began to beam up the crates with resources.

((the cargo list

Spoiler

-Semi-automatic workshops, tenno-made, with advanced resource logistics protocols and schematics interface, decommissioned, state adequate .......... 43 units, self-packed;
-Semi-automatic foundries for resource synthesis and re-processing, tenno-made, with advanced resource logistics protocols, decommissioned, state good .......... 18 units, self-packed;
-Industrial chemical laboratory, grineer-made, manually operated by a crew of workers, omega-isotope feed, salvaged, state adequate ..........  2 units split into 4 containers of parts;
-Mobile chemical laboratory for R&D synthesis and pharmaceutics production, manually operated, corpus-made, salvaged, state good .......... 3 units in 2 containers;
-Industrial ammunition workshop, tenno-made, capable of manufacturing grineer type munitions, automated, with basic and some advanced blueprints, decommissioned, state adequate .......... 1 unit, self-packed and 1 container with parts;
-Lesser tools for manual work (gathering and construction), corpus-manufactured, salvaged, state pristine .......... 5 containers;
-Small-sized motorized construction vehicles, manually controlled, grineer-made, salvaged, state good .......... 3 containers;
-Refinery, automatised, tenno-made, decommissioned, state good .......... 1 unit, self-packed and 2 containers with parts;
-Hexacyclic SUVs, manually controlled, corpus-manufactured, extended for better cargo capacity, salvaged, state good ............ 5 units, self-packed;
-Gravity-pad armored universal vehicle, manually or AI controlled, tenno-made, modified for extended personnel and cargo transportation, decommissioned, disarmed, state good .......... 1 unit, self-packed;
-Omega isotope, salvaged, re-contained ........... 8 containers;
-Basic corpus tech set of schematics for frontier missions, salvaged ........... 1 datablock, packed in one of the corpus suvs.

It may be worthwhile to inspect the objects, and I did not accent on the vehicle "just because"))

Edited by Teloch

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Grandmaster." The Rhino says, stowing the blades and bowing. "I apologize for startling you earlier. I was concerned about the Sage."

-----

"We can provide the first." The man says. "But I am somewhat at a loss as to the second, at least currently. I was hoping you could tell me where he is."

"It's fine, at the time I was also worried about him. Is there a name I could call you by?"

---

"You don't know where he is? What a shame. I am sure he will show up again soon. Besides if needed I could track him considering part of his armour is designed by me."