The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Ulf turned to face the two archons addressing him and replied with the stuffed mouth

"dat fohl that losht hish hed erlier thoday?" he swallowed the meat he was chomping, "Um... not sure about a heart attack, since I doubt he had one, but I managed to exchange with a few phrases with him a day ago. Why?"

"Steven, the man he was extorting, is my little brother." The Archon says. "I owe you a debt of thanks."

He smiles at the mention of Sven's death.

"I was bummed when they told us to look for whoever fired that shot." He says. "If you ask me we should have shot that snake the moment the judge said guilty. I would have, but getting myself thrown in prison wouldn't help anyone."

He motions to a serving osprey.

"Let me buy you a drink." He says. "One soldier to another."

"No drinks." Melanie says. "You know protocol."

"Fine." The soldier says, sitting at the bar next to you. "Maybe after all this madness ehhh?"

He leans in.

"So... any clue what this is all about?" He asks. "Sounds big."

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria let out a cry of suprise when she was suddently thrown around, as soon as she was on her feet she walked over to the 'door' looking into the facility to see if any security was visible.

You see no signs of security. However the wall styling is decorative, and seems to lead towards the door at the end of the "hall". It does not appear locked.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You see no signs of security. However the wall styling is decorative, and seems to lead towards the door at the end of the "hall". It does not appear locked.

She jumps down into the room. Looking around this clearly was something the orokin would make. She walked to the door and let her hand glide over its surface, looking for any symbols on it that might say anything about whats behind it.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"After you 'left' the Order the Grandmaster resigned." He says. "Said he was done. No one knew what to do. Who was going to lead. Then Terminus happened, and you know how that went."

He shrugs.

"Woke up and found out that there's a new Grandmaster. Apparently the old one passed on his title. Never consulted me about it. Never told anyone." He says. "And I got to thinking. The old man retired. Why should I follow his replacement. A replacement chosen without our input, without our knowledge. Of course at that point he'd taught the new guy everything. I couldn't fight him. Not alone."

He laughs.

"So what did this Zaeed do?" He asks.

"I see, well, guess all goes well here then?, good to hear, I guess" *He Sighs* "As for Zaeed, as far I kown, Legion paid us to, Kill him ,nothing more" *He Looks to him* "Shadow wants him dead too, killed alot of people, And well, we hate who the "Tenno" are" *He chuckles*   

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Hmm." Lakar says. "Well I hope he's not the romantic sort, for his sake. That is I hope he doesn't try to come and bust you out."

He flips another page.

"So what did he do?" He asks. "To get the Arbiters to hunt him?"

"We..tryed to kill Zaeed, by blowing up his ship, it hit a few others to, some washed up wanna-be Banshee, too, Zaeed so deeply cares about *She spits* "BAH!" *She loosk to him* "He will bust me out, just you watch!"

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A Saryn Acolyte rises from the sand.

"Hello Richard." She says. "It's been a while."

She raises her hands, showing that she is unarmed.

"My name." She says. "Is Mara Zi'tal."

She looks at you.

"You look the same as you did on Pluto." She says. "Remember that. Back to back, facing down the hordes."

"I don't remember much from back then, but I remember four Tenno at Pluto."  He paused.  "One of them was a Saryn.  I don't remember names, but I know someone who could help with that.  I doubt we have time for that, however.  Why did you use the Doomsday Code?"

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

She jumps down into the room. Looking around this clearly was something the orokin would make. She walked to the door and let her hand glide over its surface, looking for any symbols on it that might say anything about whats behind it.

As you reach it the door opens...

revealing what seems to be a bottomless pit. You can see stone beneath where the door is, but the light quickly fades out beyond that. A piece of metal, dislodged by the door, falls into the darkness. You do not hear it land.

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I see, well, guess all goes well here then?, good to hear, I guess" *He Sighs* "As for Zaeed, as far I kown, Legion paid us to, Kill him ,nothing more" *He Looks to him* "Shadow wants him dead too, killed alot of people, And well, we hate who the "Tenno" are" *He chuckles*   

"So you still follow the Shadow?" Death asks. "Even after he sent us on this suicide mission?"

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Steven, the man he was extorting, is my little brother." The Archon says. "I owe you a debt of thanks."

He smiles at the mention of Sven's death.

"I was bummed when they told us to look for whoever fired that shot." He says. "If you ask me we should have shot that snake the moment the judge said guilty. I would have, but getting myself thrown in prison wouldn't help anyone."

He motions to a serving osprey.

"Let me buy you a drink." He says. "One soldier to another."

"No drinks." Melanie says. "You know protocol."

"Fine." The soldier says, sitting at the bar next to you. "Maybe after all this madness ehhh?"

He leans in.

"So... any clue what this is all about?" He asks. "Sounds big."

"Nah, you owe me nothing. Better buy something nice for your niece". He scratched his head before answering the question, "Empire is no more, so this may be either a very very bad prank, an attempt to draw security attention or to spread panic, or we're having a case with an old war relic."

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you reach it the door opens...

revealing what seems to be a bottomless pit. You can see stone beneath where the door is, but the light quickly fades out beyond that. A piece of metal, dislodged by the door, falls into the darkness. You do not hear it land.

Cyria looked down the pit and whistled, not what she expected to see at first. She created one anti matter drop and let it float down the pit, maybe it would light something useful up?

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I don't remember much from back then, but I remember four Tenno at Pluto."  He paused.  "One of them was a Saryn.  I don't remember names, but I know someone who could help with that.  I doubt we have time for that, however.  Why did you use the Doomsday Code?"

"The Arbiters think this is a Haven." The Saryn says. "They're wrong. It's a Prison. Meant to hold Xipha. And it's failing. The Ley lines... they're running out of juice. It's only a matter of time before...."

A strange humming sound is the only warning before a pair of sentient Conculysts burst from the soil. Their armor is a faded sickly green and white, instead of the red and white of Hunhow's fragments. Their heads feature a much more skull like appearance.

"Failing." A sickly sweet voice says, emanating from them. "You speak as if you can stop it...."

The voice falters.

"Wait..." It says. "You aren't Orokin..."

Ten more Sentinet Drones burst from the soil.

"What are you doing on my prison?" The voice asks. "Little Tenno."

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria looked down the pit and whistled, not what she expected to see at first. She created one anti matter drop and let it float down the pit, maybe it would light something useful up?

The orb only travels a short distance before you see several yellow lights activate. However it is enough for you to see a small relic, on the ledge below you.

Something flashes past the orb. You catch a glimpse of a sentient shoulder, colored a faded and sickly green. Then another, and another. Something lances out of the darkness towards you.

Cyria quickly leans down to the relic and grabs it, quickly back flipping after. "Sentients!" She cried out as she ran out of the "hall" and tried bullet jumping out of the door. Fell immediatly shot up once he heard that word being shouted. 

Beneath the Gray Isle something stirs.

Shapes begin to burst from the sand.

Alan rushes to the edge of the camp.

"What do you see." Ryoko calls.

"Contacts." Alan shouts. "Something moving beneath the ground."

Conculysts and Battalysts burst from the ground around the camp, closing in on it.

"Contact." Ryoko shouts. "Everyone to your posts now!"

An alarm rings out across the camp.

Sam joins Zaeed and readies her Sonicor.

"Come on." She says, running towards the edge of the camp.

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria quickly leans down to the relic and grabs it, quickly back flipping after. "Sentients!" She cried out as she ran out of the "hall" and tried bullet jumping out of the door. Fell immediatly shot up once he heard that word being shouted. 

A swarm of angry Conculysts bursts from the hall behind you as you clear the door.

"We are reading multiple contacts approaching your location." The Neophyte says. "Be careful, some of the drones may have woken up."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Arbiters think this is a Haven." The Saryn says. "They're wrong. It's a Prison. Meant to hold Xipha. And it's failing. The Ley lines... they're running out of juice. It's only a matter of time before...."

A strange humming sound is the only warning before a pair of sentient Conculysts burst from the soil. Their armor is a faded sickly green and white, instead of the red and white of Hunhow's fragments. Their heads feature a much more skull like appearance.

"Failing." A sickly sweet voice says, emanating from them. "You speak as if you can stop it...."

The voice falters.

"Wait..." It says. "You aren't Orokin..."

Ten more Sentinet Drones burst from the soil.

"What are you doing on my prison?" The voice asks. "Little Tenno."

One of the Conculysts found itself covered in Castanas, and the other ate a pair of shotgun blasts.

"You have a shelter," Richard stated, motioning for her to run in its direction and that he would follow.

He dropped his briefcase and a Madurai laser sprang from each of his hands, melting two of the lesser drones.  More were most certainly on the way.

Xipha blinked. Her faceted eyes took in the cavern walls, as they had for millennia. They blinked again, and life returned to them. Something was different. She reached out feeling for the bars. The jolt was just as painful as it had been before. But it felt... Less. She gazed up, her eyes piercing the stone. The cables where still there, those accursed bars. But wait, what was this? 

Xipha smiled. It was fading. The bars did not glow with the same accursed light. Soon, she though, very soon.

She smiled as she recalled the screams of terror. Why did humans bleat so loudly before accepting their demise? 

Hen came the memories of battle and she paused. She would strike at their warriors, she decided. That had been the mistake. She would deal with the warriors. Then she would go after the true prize. 

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Beneath the Gray Isle something stirs.

Shapes begin to burst from the sand.

Alan rushes to the edge of the camp.

"What do you see." Ryoko calls.

"Contacts." Alan shouts. "Something moving beneath the ground."

Conculysts and Battalysts burst from the ground around the camp, closing in on it.

"Contact." Ryoko shouts. "Everyone to your posts now!"

An alarm rings out across the camp.

Sam joins Zaeed and readies her Sonicor.

"Come on." She says, running towards the edge of the camp.

*Zaeed looks to sam* "Contacts?, what do we have?! *He runs with her* "Is Legion attacking us?"

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

One of the Conculysts found itself covered in Castanas, and the other ate a pair of shotgun blasts.

"You have a shelter," Richard stated, motioning for her to run in its direction and that he would follow.

He dropped his briefcase and a Madurai laser sprang from each of his hands, melting two of the lesser drones.  More were most certainly on the way.

"No." She said. "We have to..."

"Pestilence." A voice says. "There you are... Who are you?"

War emerges from a nearby cavern. He seems unconcerned by the Drones, his massive swords batting them away.

"Sister." He says. "What have you done? Who is this?"

"An old friend." She says. "He can help us."

War eyes you.

"Is that true?" He asks. "Or were you simply waiting for her to turn her back?"

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks to sam* "Contacts?, what do we have?! *He runs with her* "Is Legion attacking us?"

"Sentient" She says, pointing towards the sky.

Drones are breaking free from the ground, rising up into the sky, and then hurtling down towards the barrier. You hear powers activate and weapons fire ring out as the Tenno around you respond.

A pair of Conculysts drop through the barrier, slamming into the device. The object sparks and the barrier vanishes.

"Barrier down." Ryoko calls. "Take cover. Return fire."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No." She said. "We have to..."

"Pestilence." A voice says. "There you are... Who are you?"

War emerges from a nearby cavern. He seems unconcerned by the Drones, his massive swords batting them away.

"Sister." He says. "What have you done? Who is this?"

"An old friend." She says. "He can help us."

War eyes you.

"Is that true?" He asks. "Or were you simply waiting for her to turn her back?"

"She was with me before Terminus," Richard said as he blasted another drone.  "And even if she wasn't, right now we have bigger problems."