The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

26 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"And that's why you'd never get a bloody job here!" she said "You, like many others, care about such petty little thingies like morals..." one could almost feel the disgust that rolled off her tongue with that word.

"But enough of using your mouth for anything else that ordering and feeding. Your order?"

*He shakes his head* "I'm good, actually, besides how do I kown i won't die what ever you serve me?" *He looks over to sam* "I'm going back to the hospital, you kown, where we was ment to stay in the first place?, we'll sit and chat another time" *Zaeed pushes himself off the counter and begins to walk back to the hospital, he calls in on his comlink* "Archons?, Calc?, anyone on this channel?"   

3 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"And that's why you'd never get a bloody job here!" she said "You, like many others, care about such petty little thingies like morals..." one could almost feel the disgust that rolled off her tongue with that word.

"But enough of using your mouth for anything else that ordering and feeding. Your order?"

"I should be heading back as well." Sam says, sounding a bit quesy. "I'll have to try the food another time."

She follows Zaeed out.

As she does you notice the ground shake, and something rapidly approaching the restauarant. A Behemoth, the two story tall creatures you saw on the plains earlier, is barreling towards the restaurant. A few feet away it suddenly stops, plowing into the ground. It kneels as a armored figure slides off of it, and then remains frozen.

"Special delivery." A childish voice dripping with glee says inside your mind. "One shipment of Behemoth, free of charge. Consider it a housewarming gift."

The armored figure is a Nemesis, but with a large blade growing from the arm. It presses this to a collection of nerves at the base of the creatures neck.

"Shall I kill it for you, or would you like that honor yourself?" The voice asks. You get the feeling she, for it is feminine, would be happy either way.

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

The speed with which Therese grabbed singular cookies slightly intensified

"... Did you just say that you underwent the void exposure process while either being aware or oblivious about the twenty percent survival rate?" She devastated another cookie like a barracuda feeding on a lesser fish, "and how possibly can an orokin become a tenno? Isn't the pure human genome required to perform the transit to post-human states?"

"I was aware that previous attempts had a zero percent chance." Felicity says. "But I was confident that it would work."

She holds up a finger.

"Lesser Orokin." She reminds you. "I was not subject to the advanced modifications the ruling party and their immediate corpus had. My genome is much closer to base human that you'd think, albeit modified for longer life and better health."

She takes a cookie and nibbles on it.

"My choice at the time was simple. Test my method on someone else, risking their lives, and ending up like Margulis did; or test on myself, eliminating an moral quandary until I was sure I had a result." She says. "I chose the best option I could."

She looks at a data-pad.

"You said your boss is visiting." She says. "We have an Ascension ceremony planned for tomorrow. If we can find a Tenno to sponsor any possible recruits, then perhaps your boss could see this for himself."

Her smile fades.

"Though I must warn you, it can be disturbing." She says. "The failure rate is still quite high, despite our attempts to make it safer. However this latest group of volunteers has been training for this, and we are optimistic about their chances."

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I was aware that previous attempts had a zero percent chance." Felicity says. "But I was confident that it would work."

She holds up a finger.

"Lesser Orokin." She reminds you. "I was not subject to the advanced modifications the ruling party and their immediate corpus had. My genome is much closer to base human that you'd think, albeit modified for longer life and better health."

She takes a cookie and nibbles on it.

"My choice at the time was simple. Test my method on someone else, risking their lives, and ending up like Margulis did; or test on myself, eliminating an moral quandary until I was sure I had a result." She says. "I chose the best option I could."

She looks at a data-pad.

"You said your boss is visiting." She says. "We have an Ascension ceremony planned for tomorrow. If we can find a Tenno to sponsor any possible recruits, then perhaps your boss could see this for himself."

Her smile fades.

"Though I must warn you, it can be disturbing." She says. "The failure rate is still quite high, despite our attempts to make it safer. However this latest group of volunteers has been training for this, and we are optimistic about their chances."

Same as other locals: positively reckless for the sake of greater good she thought but decided against voicing her conclusion.

"I'm not from the very oldest tenno, but during my batch exposure some people blended with their seats and straps, others popped open like roasted melons, and the most misfortunate were literally grated by the slowly spreading void mists. Those oldest non-zarimans I know had even more disgusting experience. So you must not worry about me..." she looked at the half-emptied plate with cookies (or are they cookies?) and winced faintly "... And here goes my appetite..." She gulped almost half of the tea cup contents to get rid of the nasty pushy feeling in her throat. Then, she looked at her organizer, "Colonel Teloch is still in a raid and won't come out from the radio silence regime for at least twenty-one hour. Which makes his presence during this ceremony technically impossible, alas. Although, what do you mean by "sponsoring"? Aren't the newly-converted tenno a part of the Miraalan clan by default?" 

50 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As she does you notice the ground shake, and something rapidly approaching the restauarant. A Behemoth, the two story tall creatures you saw on the plains earlier, is barreling towards the restaurant. A few feet away it suddenly stops, plowing into the ground. It kneels as a armored figure slides off of it, and then remains frozen.

"Special delivery." A childish voice dripping with glee says inside your mind. "One shipment of Behemoth, free of charge. Consider it a housewarming gift."

The armored figure is a Nemesis, but with a large blade growing from the arm. It presses this to a collection of nerves at the base of the creatures neck.

"Shall I kill it for you, or would you like that honor yourself?" The voice asks. You get the feeling she, for it is feminine, would be happy either way.

The Mirage stops her hacking of flesh, floating out to see something that brought a large twisted grin to her face.

"Oh, what a humble gift! And the privilege to end its life too! I'll be sure to store my blood stained gauntlets after I'm done squishing its still beating heart~"

Her faceplate retracted, showing two eyes, one red, the other purple, with streaks of pink/blue hair flowing from the edge of the helmets opening. She wanted to stare the creature in its eyes as life was slowly leaving its body, sacrificed to the one and only...

She then turned to the Nemesis with a less twisted and more genuine smile. That's one way to impress a psychopath...

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Same as other locals: positively reckless for the sake of greater good she thought but decided against voicing her conclusion.

"I'm not from the very oldest tenno, but during my batch exposure some people blended with their seats and straps, others popped open like roasted melons, and the most misfortunate were literally grated by the slowly spreading void mists. Those oldest non-zarimans I know had even more disgusting experience. So you must not worry about me..." she looked at the half-emptied plate with cookies (or are they cookies?) and winced faintly "... And here goes my appetite..." She gulped almost half of the tea cup contents to get rid of the nasty pushy feeling in her throat. Then, she looked at her organizer, "Colonel Teloch is still in a raid and won't come out from the radio silence regime for at least twenty-one hour. Which makes his presence during this ceremony technically impossible, alas. Although, what do you mean by "sponsoring"? Aren't the newly-converted tenno a part of the Miraalan clan by default?" 

"They are." Felicity says. "But they will need training. This is usually done by a Clan Master, but we must still find someone willing to devote time to it."

26 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

The Mirage stops her hacking of flesh, floating out to see something that brought a large twisted grin to her face.

"Oh, what a humble gift! And the privilege to end its life too! I'll be sure to store my blood stained gauntlets after I'm done squishing its still beating heart~"

Her faceplate retracted, showing two eyes, one red, the other purple, with streaks of pink/blue hair flowing from the edge of the helmets opening. She wanted to stare the creature in its eyes as life was slowly leaving its body, sacrificed to the one and only...

She then turned to the Nemesis with a less twisted and more genuine smile. That's one way to impress a psychopath...

"I though you might enjoy it." Sai'ah says, her name popping into your mind. "Though it isn't as much fun when the prey just lays down and dies."

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"They are." Felicity says. "But they will need training. This is usually done by a Clan Master, but we must still find someone willing to devote time to it."

"Willing to devote time in preparing recruits to real world conditions and their new role?" She questioned surprised, "at their own will and for personal monetary benefit?". For her, It was very weird to hear, since she viewed the army-like interactions and hierarchy relationships that tolerated only minimal mercantile element or none at all as a standard practice in almost all established clans. She waved her hand off, as is meaning "No, don't tell me. I wish not to know that" and tried to suppress her surprise.

"Indeed, I will mention this offer to support neophytes once the communication will be restored. I can't promise anything because I'm not a decision-maker in this case, but what I can promise is that the request will be delivered and the answer received" She sip more tea. "So what sort of sponsorship per a neophyte you would like to receive?"

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Willing to devote time in preparing recruits to real world conditions and their new role?" She questioned surprised, "at their own will and for personal monetary benefit?". For her, It was very weird to hear, since she viewed the army-like interactions and hierarchy relationships that tolerated only minimal mercantile element or none at all as a standard practice in almost all established clans. She waved her hand off, as is meaning "No, don't tell me. I wish not to know that" and tried to suppress her surprise.

"Indeed, I will mention this offer to support neophytes once the communication will be restored. I can't promise anything because I'm not a decision-maker in this case, but what I can promise is that the request will be delivered and the answer received" She sip more tea. "So what sort of sponsorship per a neophyte you would like to receive?"

Felicity's face breaks into a smile and Ryoko laughs.

"The sponsorship is not financial." Felicity says. "Although sponsors are required to provide the equipment for their charges to train with. Rather the sponsor is the one who volunteers their time to educate the new Tenno in all areas of Tenno culture. From how to hold a Skana to how to address an Elder Tenno. They devote their time to deciphering and relaying texts about proper etiquette and drumming out bad habits. The word sponsor is somewhat misleading, as I told Ryoko when he started this project. It is more of an apprenticeship."

She pauses.

"I should clarify what I said earlier." She says. "While they are counted as clan members, for purposes of comradrie, once a Initiate is declared a full fledged Tenno they are free to choose any clan to join. Were the WTC to sponsor a group of Tenno, the expectation is that they would take them on as full fledged members upon the completion of their apprenticeship, though that need not be official."

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed is walkin back to the place, he assumes hes alone* "I can not bealive, how such Tenno can be, so disgusting and awful, even the Orokin where not that low" *He trys to use the transmission* "Anyone on  this channel, I have a report"    

"What is it." A gruff voice asks. "What sort of report?"

34 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"What is it." A gruff voice asks. "What sort of report?"

"I'll like to report a supposition upon a possbile Tenno Murder, goes by the name Alice, She welds a Mirage frame" *He Says Firmly* "I've had some traces of proof of what she said to me, I can send you the recorded conversation that I have stored in my Eye-Link" <The thing thats on his eye> "Should I send?"  

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"I'll like to report a supposition upon a possbile Tenno Murder, goes by the name Alice, She welds a Mirage frame" *He Says Firmly* "I've had some traces of proof of what she said to me, I can send you the recorded conversation that I have stored in my Eye-Link" <The thing thats on his eye> "Should I send?"  

"Submit evidence." The voice says. "Information will be turned over to the Tenno council for examination."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I though you might enjoy it." Sai'ah says, her name popping into your mind. "Though it isn't as much fun when the prey just lays down and dies."

"Well, that is true..." The Mirage said, pouting.

"I've been shanking dead things so much, I almost forgot the joy of seeing it struggle as I cut it open..." then suddenly, as if she was enlightened "Oh! How about, we reeeeealy p!ss it off? I could call the final product 'steak with a vengeance'!" if gravity affected her, she'd be bouncing in joy.

14 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Well, that is true..." The Mirage said, pouting.

"I've been shanking dead things so much, I almost forgot the joy of seeing it struggle as I cut it open..." then suddenly, as if she was enlightened "Oh! How about, we reeeeealy p!ss it off? I could call the final product 'steak with a vengeance'!" if gravity affected her, she'd be bouncing in joy.

The armor melts away to reveal a young woman in a scaled dress. Her shcokingly pink eyes glitter.

"That sounds wonderful." Sai'ah says. "Now I have an offer for you, or rather a pact."

She holds out her hand.

"You don't sacrifice my friends, and I'll make sure you altar does not go without victims." She says. "I might even be able to lend you a few nightmarish waiters, to replace those ospresys."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Thank you." The voice says. "We will notify you if these charges warrant further investigation."

"Copy that, Zaeed out" *He looks around, still assuming hes alone* "Man, I am so hot right now" *He removes his vest,stretching his muscles &  arms, he throws the vest over his shoulder, rubs the sweat of his brow* "I hope the fokes in the hospital don't get mad, say did sam still leave that rope" *He wonders to himself*  

Just now, -Platinum- said:

"Copy that, Zaeed out" *He looks around, still assuming hes alone* "Man, I am so hot right now" *He removes his vest,stretching his muscles &  arms, he throws the vest over his shoulder, rubs the sweat of his brow* "I hope the fokes in the hospital don't get mad, say did sam still leave that rope" *He wonders to himself*  

Sam catches up to you just as you both see the rope still attached to the window.

"That Alice was strange." Sam says. "I wonder why Melanie was there?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

Sam catches up to you just as you both see the rope still attached to the window.

"That Alice was strange." Sam says. "I wonder why Melanie was there?"

"Dagh!" *He jumps a bit* "I didn't kown ya'll was there, what did you see, how much did you hear?" *He says, rubbing his neck nervously, he looks to his chest, then back to the vest* 

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The armor melts away to reveal a young woman in a scaled dress. Her shcokingly pink eyes glitter.

"That sounds wonderful." Sai'ah says. "Now I have an offer for you, or rather a pact."

She holds out her hand.

"You don't sacrifice my friends, and I'll make sure you altar does not go without victims." She says. "I might even be able to lend you a few nightmarish waiters, to replace those ospresys."

Alice smiled ear to ear, looks like she found herself a playmate on this planet afteral.

She grabs her hand and shakes it firmly "Deal! And just to let you know..." she pulled her a bit closer, their heads in whispering range "I would have done it for free if you just asked nicely..." she whispered before letting go.

"So! How do we turn this lovely puppy into a gurgling pile of meat that just left the kubrow grinder?"

9 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice smiled ear to ear, looks like she found herself a playmate on this planet afteral.

She grabs her hand and shakes it firmly "Deal! And just to let you know..." she pulled her a bit closer, their heads in whispering range "I would have done it for free if you just asked nicely..." she whispered before letting go.

"So! How do we turn this lovely puppy into a gurgling pile of meat that just left the kubrow grinder?"

"Well first we need to remove those armor plates." Sai'ah says. Her arm morphs back into a blade and she wedges it under a plate. "Hey. Why not use these as plates. You could carve some symbols on them and sell them as mementos or keepsakes. I'm sure there's a way to use it's blood for some sort of dye."

18 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Dagh!" *He jumps a bit* "I didn't kown ya'll was there, what did you see, how much did you hear?" *He says, rubbing his neck nervously, he looks to his chest, then back to the vest* 

"Enough to know that our first date will be at Marcus' grill." She says. "Not that slaughterhouse."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well first we need to remove those armor plates." Sai'ah says. Her arm morphs back into a blade and she wedges it under a plate. "Hey. Why not use these as plates. You could carve some symbols on them and sell them as mementos or keepsakes. I'm sure there's a way to use it's blood for some sort of dye."

"You... are a genius! I'd study and devour your brain if I didn't like you!" Alice said, uncloaking her Venka claws. She grinded them against each other in anticipation, her frames sharp finger nails acting as extra blades.

Edited by Denny2669