The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

A grey and blue liset flew towards the rail.

"Ember Prime, Katrina here. I'm part of the fire hawx. I have been directed here by the advice of my fellow clan mate Lucious and like him am here to help rebuild this city." 

Katrina looked at the Phoenix helmet she was holding. Aaron had told her to use the trasnference due to her nature in combat. But she simply felt like a coward if she used that. Besides what could happen here. It was a simple city rebuild.

Tenno craft this is Citadel." A woman says. "Please dock with the tower and await further instructions. We have just received a major shipment of supplies and may need help unloading it.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"A series-2?" C.A.L.C asks. "Why I never! I, my dear, and a NX-1 series cephalon. You might say I am the first modern cephalon to be designed to interface with both humans and AI." 

The Cephalon shifts to a shape reminiscent of an atom.

"I am here to welcome another Cephalon." He says. "The only others I have met are the new Athena series, a bit stuck up if you ask me, and the Ordis models."

The lights seem to dim.

"I tried talking to Suda but that old motherboard wouldn't even acknowledge me." He says. "To busy with her Science. So what is the origin system like for we Cephalons?"

---

The guard leads Luna to an ornate office. A chair sits before a desk.

"The Chancellor will be with you shortly." She says. 

There are several interesting relics hanging on the wall. They seem to be a mix or Orokin and Tenno design.

"Had trouble with Suda did you? I'm affraid that's no suprise as she is much more interested in the unknown than a 'lesser' Cephalon. Haven't met many Athena-series but I find the Ordis model is more reliable and easier to work with - despite the degrade that seemingly everyone suffers, a rather curious matter in itself. Speaking of curious, you asked about the Origin system? So you have never been there then? Interesting."

Ceda seem to ponder for a moment.

"The Origin system is a lot more active. There is a few Cephalons for most tasks -including some games the Tenno indulge in- but the most numeroes is the Ordis model that is standard for the Tenno. Perhaps you want me to send over a simple status update? It would me much more effecient than having me list up everything, it would probably make for some interesting processing."

---

Meanwhile, Luna were looking at the relics from a distance. She were not going to risk a reaction by standing too close or touch anything - something that Orokin objects were quite fond of. She wondered who the Chancellor were and how she were going to be met. To those not knowing better she were just a child, would this person treat her seriously and with respect? The questions flew through her mind as she nervously looked around the room.

3 minutes ago, Luthim said:

"Had trouble with Suda did you? I'm affraid that's no suprise as she is much more interested in the unknown than a 'lesser' Cephalon. Haven't met many Athena-series but I find the Ordis model is more reliable and easier to work with - despite the degrade that seemingly everyone suffers, a rather curious matter in itself. Speaking of curious, you asked about the Origin system? So you have never been there then? Interesting."

Ceda seem to ponder for a moment.

"The Origin system is a lot more active. There is a few Cephalons for most tasks -including some games the Tenno indulge in- but the most numeroes is the Ordis model that is standard for the Tenno. Perhaps you want me to send over a simple status update? It would me much more effecient than having me list up everything, it would probably make for some interesting processing."

---

Meanwhile, Luna were looking at the relics from a distance. She were not going to risk a reaction by standing too close or touch anything - something that Orokin objects were quite fond of. She wondered who the Chancellor were and how she were going to be met. To those not knowing better she were just a child, would this person treat her seriously and with respect? The questions flew through her mind as she nervously looked around the room.

"Erm yes." C.A.L.C says. "Pardon my questioning. I was designed to emulate human interactions. I find that humans seem to enjoy inefficient exchanges of information."

The Cephalon sends you a data packet containing details about his creation and function. It seems he has in fact visited the Origin system, but only through system extensions. It also appears his creation was a perfect storm of events. You see a record of a virtual contest between C.A.L.C and Hunhow. It appears the Cephalon was actually able to crack several of the Sentient's encryption. C.A.L.C seems to emphasize this. 

---

A woman in ornate robes walks into the office and takes a seat.

"My apologies, Tenno." She says. "We have been rather busy with all the reconstruction. Sometimes I wonder how the Lotus manages to coordinate all of you."

She smiles and leans back in her chair.

"It is rather humorous." She says. "You Tenno look so young, yet you routinely demonstrate knowledge beyond even our sages. And yet day after day I deal with people who look like adults, and act like children."

She holds up a hand.

"I mean no offense to you of course." She says. "Now I've heard you have been sent with supplies."

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Erm yes." C.A.L.C says. "Pardon my questioning. I was designed to emulate human interactions. I find that humans seem to enjoy inefficient exchanges of information."

The Cephalon sends you a data packet containing details about his creation and function. It seems he has in fact visited the Origin system, but only through system extensions. It also appears his creation was a perfect storm of events. You see a record of a virtual contest between C.A.L.C and Hunhow. It appears the Cephalon was actually able to crack several of the Sentient's encryption. C.A.L.C seems to emphasize this. 

---

A woman in ornate robes walks into the office and takes a seat.

"My apologies, Tenno." She says. "We have been rather busy with all the reconstruction. Sometimes I wonder how the Lotus manages to coordinate all of you."

She smiles and leans back in her chair.

"It is rather humorous." She says. "You Tenno look so young, yet you routinely demonstrate knowledge beyond even our sages. And yet day after day I deal with people who look like adults, and act like children."

She holds up a hand.

"I mean no offense to you of course." She says. "Now I've heard you have been sent with supplies."

"Curious, isen't it?" Ceda commented before she processed the data.

"Impressive!" She expressed while sending back an update on what had transpired since his last visit based on the dates in the package. "This was not a feat I had expected a series-2 to accomplish, you deserve more credit than given. This explains why Cephalon Simaris thinks so highly about the Ordis models potential."

---

Luna eased up and felt less tense as the Chancellor demonstrated she were capable.

"Yes, it seemed like a good way to aid directly in your efforts. But the Lotus were also hoping that my presence would help stabilize the system."

Edited by Luthim

Just now, Luthim said:

"Curious, isen't it?" Ceda commented before she processed the data.

"Impressive!" She expressed while sending back an update on what had transpired since his last visit based on the dates in the package. "This was not a feat I had expected a series-2 to accomplish, you deserve more credit than given. This explains why Cephalon Simaris thinks so highly about the Ordis models potential."

---

Luna eased up and felt less tense as the Chancellor had demonstrated she were capable.

"Yes, it seemed like a good way to aid directly in your efforts. But the Lotus were also hoping that my presence would help stabilize the system."

The Cephalon seems to flicker for a second.

"As previously mentioned I am a NX-1 series." He says. "Not a series-2. I was more recently created. However I supposed the confusion is warranted. I am based upon the original series-2 models, however I feature increased empathy systems and updated tactics reasoning."

---

Melanie rubs her forehead.

"That would be welcome." She says. "Currently we have managed to secure most of our holdings. There are no doubt some places you could help out, however I think that just the image of a Tenno walking around could encourage people. Feel free to take in the sights. As for the supplies, I can offer you two hundred thousand credits for them."

You hear speakers around Synergy activate. HUD transmissions go out.

"Tenno, Archons, Seraphs." A voice says. "Come one come all. The Tournament is now open."

An image of Teshin appears. He is standing amid an open field.

"Pupils." He says. "The time has come to prove your mastery. May the lessons of the Conclave guide your strikes."

A set of coordinates appears on the screen of the transmission.

"The Tournament... awaits." Teshin says. "I await your arrival."

[SPECIAL EVENT RULES]

While at the tournament you may call out a challenge to another member. This can be an Archon, a Seraph, or another Tenno. Invoking a challenge summons a ring of holographic Hedrons. While inside this ring taking lethal damage will instead transport you back to your starting position and supercharge your frame with void energy to speed the healing. Fighting with an Archon is a fight to first blood. Killing your opponent will not be allowed. Make sure t direct your blows with care.

Several other challengers have appeared. They will be drawn to those who preform particularly well.

This event will run until canceled.

Edited by Rakawan

56 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Cephalon seems to flicker for a second.

"As previously mentioned I am a NX-1 series." He says. "Not a series-2. I was more recently created. However I supposed the confusion is warranted. I am based upon the original series-2 models, however I feature increased empathy systems and updated tactics reasoning."

---

Melanie rubs her forehead.

"That would be welcome." She says. "Currently we have managed to secure most of our holdings. There are no doubt some places you could help out, however I think that just the image of a Tenno walking around could encourage people. Feel free to take in the sights. As for the supplies, I can offer you two hundred thousand credits for them."

((Oops! Looks like i misinterpreted his initial response.))

"My apologies, the similarities were so striking I forgot myself. NX-1 series.. That makes this occasion even more special!"

Ceda proceedes to make some notes when a transmission interupts the conversation. "How curious."

---

Luna raised a hand. "No, it's a gift. Freedom is enough."

Then an announcement suddenly played. Luna looked a bit surprised at first then turned her attention back to Melanie. "Hmm.. does that happen often around here?"

Edited by Luthim
spelling

1 minute ago, Luthim said:

((Oops! Looks like i misinterpreted his initial response.))

"My appologies, the similarities were so striking I forgot myself. NX-1 series.. That makes this occasion even more special!"

Ceda proceedes to make some notes when a transmission interupts the conversation. "How curious."

---

Luna raised a hand. "No, it's a gift. Freedom is enough."

Then an announcement suddenly played. Luna looked a bit surprised at first then turned her attention back to Melanie. "Hmm.. does that happen often around here?"

Melanie shakes her head.

"Teshin has been asking for a chance to bring the conclave here for a while." She says. "I finally caved. I think a demonstration of combat prowess would encourage people."

She sighes and rubs her forehead again.

"Encourage people." She says. "We lost half our population in a day. No one feels safe. Everyone is armed. People need something to believe in."

She seems very weary from recent events.

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You hear speakers around Synergy activate. HUD transmissions go out.

"Tenno, Archons, Seraphs." A voice says. "Come one come all. The Tournament is now open."

An image of Teshin appears. He is standing amid an open field.

"Pupils." He says. "The time has come to prove your mastery. May the lessons of the Conclave guide your strikes."

A set of coordinates appears on the screen of the transmission.

"The Tournament... awaits." Teshin says. "I await your arrival."

[SPECIAL EVENT RULES]

While at the tournament you may call out a challenge to another member. This can be an Archon, a Seraph, or another Tenno. Invoking a challenge summons a ring of holographic Hedrons. While inside this ring taking lethal damage will instead transport you back to your starting position and supercharge your frame with void energy to speed the healing. Fighting with an Archon is a fight to first blood. Killing your opponent will not be allowed. Make sure t direct your blows with care.

Several other challengers have appeared. They will be drawn to those who preform particularly well.

This event will run until canceled.

Nine Tenno in warframes appear at the Tournament site.

Eight are using deluxe skin frames, the only one missing is the Rhino, and one in a Grost Waframe.

The Grost moves to stand by Teshin, the other Tenno stand close together.

They are

Dixon: Loki

Sam: Banshee

Laura: Valkyr

Philip: Excaliburn

Jas: Oberon

Sahsa: Saryn

Sai'ah: Nyx Prime

Felicity: Trinity

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie shakes her head.

"Teshin has been asking for a chance to bring the conclave here for a while." She says. "I finally caved. I think a demonstration of combat prowess would encourage people."

She sighes and rubs her forehead again.

"Encourage people." She says. "We lost half our population in a day. No one feels safe. Everyone is armed. People need something to believe in."

She seems very weary from recent events.

"But is a show of force the solution?" She asked with some concern in her voice.

"A sharp blade is good.. but a sharp mind to guide it is better.." It sounded more like a proverb than advice.

"I know Teshin seeks to educate and train, but knowing how to defend oneself is only a part of life.." She paused briefly. "But it's not for me to give you advice, you know this system -and it's people- better than I do." She bowed slightly in an apologizing manner.

Edited by Luthim

7 minutes ago, Luthim said:

"But is a show of force the solution?" She asked with some concern in her voice.

"A sharp blade is good.. but a sharp mind to guide it is better.." It sounded more like a proverb than advice.

"I know Teshin seeks to educate and train, but knowing how to defend oneself is only a part of life.." She paused briefly. "But it's not for me to give you advice, you know this system better than I do." She bowed slightly in an apologizing manner.

"What else can I do?" Melanie says. "The Tenno, the Archons. These are our defenders, or guardians. Did you know that the churches of Phenix once viewed them as divine messengers?"

She laughs.

"Oh my late husband got so frustrated trying to quell those groups." She says. "If we can show how powerful the Tenno are, what they are capable. Maybe then people will feel a bit safer. And if not, then at the very least they will be entertained."

She rises and retrieves an decorative looking spear from the wall behind her. Strange ornate wings unfold from behind her.

"I plan to compete myself." She says. "I would be honored if you would join in as well."

Edited by Rakawan

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"What else can I do?" Melanie says. "The Tenno, the Archons. These are our defenders, or guardians. Did you know that the churches of Phenix once viewed them as divine messengers?"

She laughs.

"Oh my late husband got so frustrated trying to quell those groups." She says. "If we can show how powerful the Tenno are, what they are capable. Maybe then people will feel a bit safer. And if not, then at the very least they will be entertained."

She rises and retrieves an decorative looking spear from the wall behind her. Strange ornate wings unfold from behind her.

"I plan to compete myself." She says. "I would be honored if you would join in as well."

Luna looked down for a moment in thought then up at Melanie. "Then I will honor you with a match, but only one - I'm not here to play."

"But surely we could watch? It might be interesting, and maybe your Helios would find the data usefull?" Ceda finaly spoke and thus broke her own silence.

"Hmm, yes we can stay a bit and look. Studying the different fighting styles could be educating." She answered and turned to Melanie. "We will follow your lead." And waited for her to lead the way.

16 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard pulled on the hologram of the blueprint until it copied itself, and dragged the copy to his datapad.  "I'll admit I'm not big on tinkering with things other than my Warframes.  Pimped my baby out pretty good, but beyond that?  Not so much."  He gestured to the boxes in the corner.  "Your stuff's here, Zareth.  Came in about two hours ago."  He fiddled with a few options on his datapad, then turned to leave.  "Well, I'll leave you two tekkies to do your thing."

"Very well."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Very well."

Richard gave a thumbs-up over his shoulder as he left, closing the door behind him.

A low chirp sounded and a blue light came alight on a panel that was otherwise dark.

"It appears the Chancellor finally agreed to let Teshin bring the Conclave to Phenix," said Zareth.  "The Tournament should be an excellent opportunity for the Tenno to display their prowess."

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard gave a thumbs-up over his shoulder as he left, closing the door behind him.

A low chirp sounded and a blue light came alight on a panel that was otherwise dark.

"It appears the Chancellor finally agreed to let Teshin bring the Conclave to Phenix," said Zareth.  "The Tournament should be an excellent opportunity for the Tenno to display their prowess."

Foleus was focused on the design of the MOA.

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus was focused on the design of the MOA.

Zareth began emptying the contents of the boxes and sorting them in midair, using multiple floating platforms and tractor beams to move them around.

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tenno craft this is Citadel." A woman says. "Please dock with the tower and await further instructions. We have just received a major shipment of supplies and may need help unloading it.

"Alright and please just call me by my name Katrina." She replied as she landed her ship in the tower's dock and walked out of it. She looked around to see if her help really was needed.

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus started updating the design to fix the design flaws.

Zareth continued sorting the objects until the boxes were empty, then used more tractor beams to pull the boxes apart, into the wooden slat palletes they were made of: Perrin wasn't one to waste anything when it could serve multiple purposes.  He began stacking the supplies neatly, while he used some of the wires in the second box to string a mesh net on the ceiling and placed the palletes on top of the net, creating a neat storage space.  He placed the stacked supplies on top of the palletes and turned to face Foleus again, waiting patiently for him to finish his work.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Zareth continued sorting the objects until the boxes were empty, then used more tractor beams to pull the boxes apart, into the wooden slat palletes they were made of: Perrin wasn't one to waste anything when it could serve multiple purposes.  He began stacking the supplies neatly, while he used some of the wires in the second box to string a mesh net on the ceiling and placed the palletes on top of the net, creating a neat storage space.  He placed the stacked supplies on top of the palletes and turned to face Foleus again, waiting patiently for him to finish his work.

Foleus double-checked before turning around and nodding.

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Well, lay them out for me, I'd like to get them in production as quickly as possible."

He showed the updated plasma repeater, narrowed down for accuracy with a round magazine and a longer barrel for power.

"Every attack that hits the MOA's shield as well as every fired shot generates a bit more plasma, allowing for longer firing time and less consumed energy. It is also more accurate, allowing for more efficient attacks."