The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

25 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Has the devil sent his daughter upon me? Because I am in awe~. Let's do all the things you mentioned!" Alice said, floating above the dead beast in excitement.

She like scaring the customers herself, but one can only get scared so many times before a flying Mirage in a kubrows skin stops being creepy. That skeleton thing's gonna be useful very useful...

Her left eye turned from red to purple again, as her bloodlust seemed to be quelled... partially... for now...

"Gonna need a cooler." Sai'ah says. "After all we don't want people getting sick. Scaring the dead isn't as much fun as the living."

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

When they made to the appointed door, Therese knocked thrice and leaned against the opposite wall to wait for someone to show up. 

"It's unlocked." Darrin's voice says. You can hear the faint hum of machinery from inside. "Come in."

The room looks similar to the Grineer labs on some dojos. However multiple tables have been added, in odd positions. The entire layout seems designed to hold the most tools in the least space. 

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It's unlocked." Darrin's voice says. You can hear the faint hum of machinery from inside. "Come in."

Both Therese and Ulf walked in. He eyed humming engines and devices while she was as laconic as possible. 

"We believe you forgot something in our deer Melanie's tent, and, since there were no curriers around, I agreed to her request to deliver it back to you"

She put the object on the nearest table and half-turned to make her leave.

"Now, if you excuse me"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Not exactly." Ryoko says. "You are interested in Cephalon C.A.L.C's work?"

"Yeah, quite so" *He nods* "i've also promised my own cephalon that I will assist him" *He still has his eyes in the room, before turning back* "And well, I want some fun-time action" *He chuckles* "By shooting bad guys, before you ask" 

"My cooler's juicier than you'd think sweetie~" Alice said "What would be a restaurant without a multi-purpose dungeon beneath it? Where do you think all the magic happens?" she winked at Sei "I can show you around once we're done stuffing this meat bag into meat bags made of meat bags."

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Both Therese and Ulf walked in. He eyed humming engines and devices while she was as laconic as possible. 

"We believe you forgot something in our deer Melanie's tent, and, since there were no curriers around, I agreed to her request to deliver it back to you"

She put the object on the nearest table and half-turned to make her leave.

"Now, if you excuse me"

"The Chancellor put you up to this didn't she?" Darrin asks. "She has a habit of meddling."

Melanie's voice comes over a channel to all three Tenno.

"Yes I do." She says. "I don't know what happened between you two but I want it sorted. You're going to have to work together sooner or later and the quicker this is resolved the better."

Darrin turns to look at you.

"Very well." Darrin says, setting the Hek down. "Do you know what you did, Representative?"

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"My cooler's juicier than you'd think sweetie~" Alice said "What would be a restaurant without a multi-purpose dungeon beneath it? Where do you think all the magic happens?" she winked at Sei "I can show you around once we're done stuffing this meat bag into meat bags made of meat bags."

Sai'ah smiles.

"Wonderful!" She says. "Oooh, customers."

A pair of Archons are walking towards the diner.

"Wait..." One says. "Do you hear that."

You can hear the soft tap of scythe like claws on metal.

"You're just on edge." The other says. 

You see the eyes swivel to you and blink slowly, as if asking permission.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Chancellor put you up to this didn't she?" Darrin asks. "She has a habit of meddling."

Melanie's voice comes over a channel to all three Tenno.

"Yes I do." She says. "I don't know what happened between you two but I want it sorted. You're going to have to work together sooner or later and the quicker this is resolved the better."

Darrin turns to look at you.

"Very well." Darrin says, setting the Hek down. "Do you know what you did, Representative?"

"Nothing that evoked anyone's rebuke so far. I'm honestly sorry for sounding rude, but let's get to the bottom of the issue" 

Edited by Teloch

15 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Yeah, quite so" *He nods* "i've also promised my own cephalon that I will assist him" *He still has his eyes in the room, before turning back* "And well, I want some fun-time action" *He chuckles* "By shooting bad guys, before you ask" 

"C.A.L.C is due back for additional supplies." Ryoko says. "You can join then."

He pulls you to the side and lowers his voice.

"Now we have another matter to discuss." He says, his face serious. "What are your intentions regarding one of my initiates?"

18 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Nothing that evoked anyone's rebuke so far. I'm honestly sorry for sounding rude, but let's get to the bottom of the issue" 

"How would one of your Colonel's react if one of the rank and file walked up during a private conversation, interrupted it, and then proceeded to chide both parties as if they were children?" He asked. "Tell me would that be well received?"

He continues to work on the magazine, opening it and counting the pellets meticulously. 

"Arbiter Ryoko and I occupy positions quite high on the heirarchy. Positions highly respected, and ones that we have worked tirelessly to earn." He says. "Your actions were a breach of that respect, and thus a breach of etiquette."

Edited by Rakawan

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"How would one of your Colonel's react if one of the rank and file walked up during a private conversation, interrupted it, and then proceeded to chide both parties as if they were children?" He asked. "Tell me would that be well received?"

He continues to work on the magazine, opening it and counting the pellets meticulously. 

"Arbiter Ryoko and I occupy positions quite high on the heirarchy. Positions highly respected, and ones that we have worked tirelessly to earn." He says. "Your actions where a breach of that respect, and thus a breach of etiquette."

"Not sure if this would shift your perception on this issue, but back then I didn't meant to wound your sense of dignity in any way, and barely offered my help in case if there was a need in such. But in any case - feel free to inform my superiors about my actions which you deem unprofessional. That would be more effective than concealing the issue and keeping discontent. Also, if only that would bring you any satisfaction, you have my sincere apologies for the possible image losses you had to suffer, and my reassurance that you won't be referred by us without mentioning your position. Now, are there any other issues, general?" 

She spoke politely, but just on intuitionally-emotional level her attitude seemed to be near absolute zero-cold

Edited by Teloch

15 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Not sure if this would shift your perception on this issue, but back then I didn't meant to wound your sense of dignity in any way, and barely offered my help in case if there was a need in such. But in any case - feel free to inform my superiors about my actions which you deem unprofessional. That would be more effective than concealing the issue and keeping discontent. Also, if only that would bring you any satisfaction, you have my sincere apologies for the possible image losses you had to suffer, and my reassurance that you won't be referred by us without mentioning your position. Now, are there any other issues, general?" 

She spoke politely, but just on intuitionally-emotional level her attitude seemed to be near absolute zero-cold

"It was a small matter." Darrin says. "One I preferred to settle personally. Especially since, as Melanie put it, your superiors may not have approved of your involvement in the events."

He reassembles the magazine. There is a short burst of static and all external comms die. Perhaps some sort of jamming signal?

"A small matter which, with proper theatrics, could be perceived as far more. The beginning of a fued, perhaps." He says. "Enough to warrant the Chancellor personally sending you to speak with me."

The doors behind you lock.

Darrin turns to you, wiping his hands on a nearby cloth. He nods towards a table where a data-pad sits.

"There is something we must discuss." He says. "Something of grave importance to both of us."

Edited by Rakawan

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah smiles.

"Wonderful!" She says. "Oooh, customers."

A pair of Archons are walking towards the diner.

"Wait..." One says. "Do you hear that."

You can hear the soft tap of scythe like claws on metal.

"You're just on edge." The other says. 

You see the eyes swivel to you and blink slowly, as if asking permission.

"Oh, and we have such a mess right infront of the entrace!" Alice said "Well, not like it doesn't catch the looks of the interior but still, I want them to see it when it's too late for them to leave..."

When she noticed her thoughts were trailing away - again - she adressed the two "Welcome!~" se said almost singing "You may enter!"

((Should I change her speech color to avoid confusion?))

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, and we have such a mess right infront of the entrace!" Alice said "Well, not like it doesn't catch the looks of the interior but still, I want them to see it when it's too late for them to leave..."

When she noticed her thoughts were trailing away - again - she adressed the two "Welcome!~" se said almost singing "You may enter!"

((Should I change her speech color to avoid confusion?))

((No its fine. Shows how alike they are.))

The creature in the sign let's loose a blood-curdling shriek.

The two Archons nearly jump out of their armor.

"What the Hek was that?" One demands. The other cowers, looking up at the sign.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It was a small matter." Darrin says. "One I preferred to settle personally. Especially since, as Melanie put it, your superiors may not have approved of your involvement in the events."

He reassembles the magazine.

"A small matter which, with proper theatrics, could be perceived as far more. The beginning of a fued, perhaps." He says. "Enough to warrant the Chancellor personally sending you to speak with me."

There is a short burst of static and all external comms die. Perhaps some sort of jamming signal? The doors behind you lock.

Darrin turns to you, wiping his hands on a nearby cloth. He nods towards a table where a data-pad sits.

"There is something we must discuss." He says. "Something of grave importance to both of us."

Ulf began to feel visually uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable enough to put his hands on the weapons, but definitely not as relaxed as it used to

"You could've just asked me to attend negotiations behind the closed doors without all this scenery, general. Anyway - down to business"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((No its fine. Shows how alike they are.))

The creature in the sign let's loose a blood-curdling shriek.

The two Archons nearly jump out of their armor.

"What the Hek was that?" One demands. The other cowers, looking up at the sign.

"Oh, you don't know? Don't tell me you haven't heard the tale!" Alice said, acting legitimately surprised. Though in her mind, she was grinning ear to ear, adding fuel to their panic. She may loose two cutomers, but it'll be worth it.

8 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, you don't know? Don't tell me you haven't heard the tale!" Alice said, acting legitimately surprised. Though in her mind, she was grinning ear to ear, adding fuel to their panic. She may loose two cutomers, but it'll be worth it.

"Tale?" One of them asks. 

The other is peering at the eyes. They blink and he jumps back.

Edited by Rakawan

59 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"C.A.L.C is due back for additional supplies." Ryoko says. "You can join then."

He pulls you to the side and lowers his voice.

"Now we have another matter to discuss." He says, his face serious. "What are your intentions regarding one of my initiates?"

*He Perks a brow* "you mean sam?" *He looks over* 

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Perks a brow* "you mean sam?" *He looks over* 

"I'm curious to that as well." Seven says. "What are your intentions with my daughter."

Even Brandon, held in Seven's arms, is looking at you with an analytical gaze.

Edited by Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm curious to that as well." Seven says. "What are your intentions with my daughter."

Even Brandon, held in Seven's arms, is looking at you with an analytical gaze.

*He sighs in a awkward way* "Oh..boy, here we go..." *He exhales, opening the door* "Sam?" *He says, rubbing his neck* yo daddy is here, please..halp.."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Ulf began to feel visually uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable enough to put his hands on the weapons, but definitely not as relaxed as it used to

"You could've just asked me to attend negotiations behind the closed doors without all this scenery, general. Anyway - down to business"

"There is a mole." Darrin says. "In your organization or ours I have not yet discovered. But someone is feeding information about both our ops to the enemy."

He pulls up feeds from missions.

"We received word about Grineer attacking a colony." He says. "We arrive to find the colony already aflame, and Nightwatch swarming the site, targeting Archons and ignoring Civilians." 

Another image.

"There were Zanuka and Hyena proxies at a decomissioning site." He says. "Transferred only two hours before our troops deployed."

Another document pops up. The date listed in in two days.

"And I don't know what the objective Operation Stolen Ghost is." He says. "But it is a trap. There are several intercepted message detailing the placement of thermo-nuclear charges at 'alpha site' and orders for kamikazee squadrons to engage and eliminate any WTC Troops upon deployment. There are also disturbing reports of mining colonies whose members are being trained as suicide bombers by Grineer officials. Whatever this op is your people are about to walk into a trap."

He clicks the screen off.

"Someone is leaking intel on both of us." He says. "And I cannot use normal channels until I know who. Your Colonel is visiting in a day. You must warn him, in person, and in private, that the operation is a trap. We cannot afford to tip off the mole."

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs in a awkward way* "Oh..boy, here we go..." *He exhales, opening the door* "Sam?" *He says, rubbing his neck* yo daddy is here, please..halp.."

Seven grins and Ryoko chuckles.

"Told ya it would be be fun to see him squirm." He says. "Relax Trader, its far too early for that discussion."

Seven walks past you into the room. Ryoko motions for you to follow.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven grins and Ryoko chuckles.

"Told ya it would be be fun to see him squirm." He says. "Relax Trader, its far too early for that discussion."

Seven walks past you into the room. Ryoko motions for you to follow.

*He relaxes* "Yeah, I don't do well, with such" *He rubs his neck* "But in all serious, Im sure you can guess"  *He walks over* "Hay Brandon, *he smiles and does a little wave*