The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Minor time skip.))

"Her vitals are stable." Katherine says. "There is no discernible....."

A machine beeps.

"Let me just get that."

"What sort of machine is that?" Holly asks.

"Oh we've had concerns about void radiation poisoning." Katherine says. "It's mostly for show. I've been running test to see if Tenno give off enough to....."

There is a moment of silence.

"Arbiter." Katherine says. "You'll want to see this."

"What is it?" Holly asks.

"Nothing of concern to you." Katherine says kindly. "I will handle this. Please return to your post."

"I'd like to stay till I know she's okay." Holly says. "I feel responsible."

"This was nothing you did." Katherine said. 

"I know." Holly said. "But still, she doesn't have any friends here. I'll stay."

On the gurney (or equivalent), Stormy slowly begins to stir.  Her hand rises to rest to her forehead, eyes tightening before slowly opening.  The light momentarily assaults her senses, causing her to wince back painfully before trying to force herself to adjust to them.  As her eyes focus, she finds herself in... a medical room presumably.

"Wh-where.." the young woman starts to question, trying to sit up and look around the room.

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

On the gurney (or equivalent), Stormy slowly begins to stir.  Her hand rises to rest to her forehead, eyes tightening before slowly opening.  The light momentarily assaults her senses, causing her to wince back painfully before trying to force herself to adjust to them.  As her eyes focus, she finds herself in... a medical room presumably.

"Wh-where.." the young woman starts to question, trying to sit up and look around the room.

A Trinity Prime walks over to you.

"Easy." She says. "Slowly. Take it easy."

The hospital bed is very comfortable. The instruments in the room are Orokin  in design. The results of scans adorn the walls.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A Trinity Prime walks over to you.

"Easy." She says. "Slowly. Take it easy."

The hospital bed is very comfortable. The instruments in the room are Orokin  in design. The results of scans adorn the walls.

Eyebrows rise in confusion at the Trinity Prime, unsure who or what she is.. She had never seen a Warframe, and anything could exist out here!  At least in her thoughts.  "Wh-what h-happened?" she asks timidly, scooting back away from the woman uncertainly.

Eyebrows rise in confusion at the Trinity Prime, unsure who or what she is.. She had never seen a Warframe, and anything could exist out here!  At least in her thoughts.  "Wh-what h-happened?" she asks timidly, scooting back away from the woman uncertainly.

"You fainted." The woman says. Her helmet collapses to reveal a Latino woman with kind eyes. She seems rather young, late teens, to be a doctor. "How are you feeling?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"You fainted." The woman says. Her helmet collapses to reveal a Latino woman with kind eyes. She seems rather young, late teens, to be a doctor. "How are you feeling?"

"F-fine."  Looking confused at the woman, but also curious, she leans forward slightly trying to get a better look at her.  "Wh-who are you?"

"F-fine."  Looking confused at the woman, but also curious, she leans forward slightly trying to get a better look at her.  "Wh-who are you?"

"I am Katherine." She says. "I am a Tenno Healer, and head of this hospital."

She hands you a glass of water.

"What do you remember?" She asks. "Can you recall why you fainted."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I am Katherine." She says. "I am a Tenno Healer, and head of this hospital."

She hands you a glass of water.

"What do you remember?" She asks. "Can you recall why you fainted."

(I derped. She met the Mesa before.  My bad.)

Accepting the water, Stormy takes a careful drink noting she was.. actually trembling a bit.  That was unusual, she thought.  Setting the water down after just a sip, she seems to freeze just.. staring at it before tearing her eyes away with her hand rising to caress her forehead.  "I-I was talking to.. Holly and the Barkeep.. and.. I-I think.. a Tenno.."

(I derped. She met the Mesa before.  My bad.)

Accepting the water, Stormy takes a careful drink noting she was.. actually trembling a bit.  That was unusual, she thought.  Setting the water down after just a sip, she seems to freeze just.. staring at it before tearing her eyes away with her hand rising to caress her forehead.  "I-I was talking to.. Holly and the Barkeep.. and.. I-I think.. a Tenno.."

Katherine looks at your chart.

"It wasn't anything you drank." She says. "Can you remember anything else? Anything that might have caused this?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

Katherine looks at your chart.

"It wasn't anything you drank." She says. "Can you remember anything else? Anything that might have caused this?"

Stormy lifts her hand in front of her with a shake of her head, "I-I d-don't--" again she freezes, drawing back before suddenly letting out a terrified scream.  She withdraws quickly against the head of the bed trying to pull away as far as she could, from the Tenno.  "S-stop--" she pleads painfully, grabbing the glass and breaking it to hold it up in front of her, "N-No more!  NO MORE!"

Stormy lifts her hand in front of her with a shake of her head, "I-I d-don't--" again she freezes, drawing back before suddenly letting out a terrified scream.  She withdraws quickly against the head of the bed trying to pull away as far as she could, from the Tenno.  "S-stop--" she pleads painfully, grabbing the glass and breaking it to hold it up in front of her, "N-No more!  NO MORE!"

Katherine takes a step forward.

"Easy." She says in a soothing and calming voice. "Easy."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Katherine takes a step forward.

"Easy." She says in a soothing and calming voice. "Easy."

Something... strange begins to stir as the young woman pinches her eyes shut with a trembling hand holding the broken glass towards Katherine.  Her mind was a swirl of events, confused by what was transpiring; by what she saw around her.  "N-no more!"  she cries out as fearful, salty tears begin to drip down her cheeks.

However the more she trembles, the more something ominous feels the air; something.. frightening.. Like those nearby need to step back or something very bad could happen.

"I want my Mommy!" she screams like a child would in a terrifying situation.

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The barkeep slides you a box.

"Weapons in the box." He says. "They'll be returned when you leave."

The Mesa tosses her regulators into the box. "That's all I got.

13 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

"Ah - er.. S-Stormy W-Wylde, M-ma'am." the woman replies timidly to the Tenno with her gaze settling on her again momentarily.

When the glass is slid to her, she looks at it quietly for a moment, then offers a polite smile to the Barkeep, "Th-thank you."

Wrapping her arms around it, she lifts it carefully to smell it, and takes a very cautious sip so not to drink anything too hot.

"Stormy Wylde? That's a nice name. You can call me Daince by the way." She says, offering her a kind smile. 

13 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

Her vitals were within normal, but low normal.  She seems completely healthy with no outward explanation as to why she may have suddenly lost consciousness.  The teas and even the meal all seem fine as well, if they look into that at some point.

Stormy hangs in Holly's hold, but she's... trembling.. like she's cold, perhaps.

Daince's confusion clearly is visible once Stormy passes out with no apparent reason. She doesn't do much as the Trinity starts helping her. 

11 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

Something... strange begins to stir as the young woman pinches her eyes shut with a trembling hand holding the broken glass towards Katherine.  Her mind was a swirl of events, confused by what was transpiring; by what she saw around her.  "N-no more!"  she cries out as fearful, salty tears begin to drip down her cheeks.

However the more she trembles, the more something ominous feels the air; something.. frightening.. Like those nearby need to step back or something very bad could happen.

She get's off her stool and looks at Stormy, she didn't want to intervien with the tenno healer and took a step back. She bit her lip worrying about what could be happening in the girls mind.

The dark feeling in the air didn't bother her much, such things never did. The child like scream was what made her much more anxious. Still what could she do? 

20 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

The glass dissolves into dust, no doubt a fail-safe against such an event.

"Shall I go get her?" A voice asks. It sounds calm and measured.

7 hours ago, kyrozon said:

She get's off her stool and looks at Stormy, she didn't want to intervien with the tenno healer and took a step back. She bit her lip worrying about what could be happening in the girls mind.

The dark feeling in the air didn't bother her much, such things never did. The child like scream was what made her much more anxious. Still what could she do? 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The glass dissolves into dust, no doubt a fail-safe against such an event.

"Shall I go get her?" A voice asks. It sounds calm and measured.

As the glass simply seems to dissolve, Stormy's hand grasps at empty air before pulling her arm in to curl her body up at the head of the bed.  "Let me go.. l-let.. me go..." she pleads with her face buried against her knees and her arms wrapped about her head.

As the glass simply seems to dissolve, Stormy's hand grasps at empty air before pulling her arm in to curl her body up at the head of the bed.  "Let me go.. l-let.. me go..." she pleads with her face buried against her knees and her arms wrapped about her head.

A hand comes to rest on your shoulder. You hear a voice mutter.

"Let's see if I remember this right."

Whatever Stormy is seeing inside her head flickers. The image switches between a calm serene field and whatever memories torment her.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A hand comes to rest on your shoulder. You hear a voice mutter.

"Let's see if I remember this right."

Whatever Stormy is seeing inside her head flickers. The image switches between a calm serene field and whatever memories torment her.

She was shaking so bad like she was absolutely terrified, flinching at the touch though she's got herself so tightly curled up and so far against the head of the bed that there's really no where she could go.  With the shift in images, Stormy's trembling begins to subside slowly with the fear starting to fade.  "Nngh--" she whimpers softly.

On 10/13/2016 at 6:42 PM, LunarFirefly said:

She was shaking so bad like she was absolutely terrified, flinching at the touch though she's got herself so tightly curled up and so far against the head of the bed that there's really no where she could go.  With the shift in images, Stormy's trembling begins to subside slowly with the fear starting to fade.  "Nngh--" she whimpers softly.

A figure, clad in golden robes takes her hand and pulls her towards the image of the field.

"Cone child." It says. "Let your fears go. You are safe."

On 10/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, Denny2669 said:

"D'aaw, you're being innocent..." she giggled again, before turning to the large newcomer. "Leave this dude to me..."

"Then I hope you're a good judge~" she replied as she floated towards him "Any kind of steak in particular, large meaty man?"

"The biggest and bloodiest steak you have." He says. 

A figure, clad in golden robes takes her hand and pulls her towards the image of the field.

"Cone child." It says. "Let your fears go. You are safe."

Within her mind, Stormy follows after the voice moving towards the fields to a much more calm, and relaxed state.  Her shaky breaths, before quickened and panicked, now begin to slow until her breathing was normal again.

Slowly her eyes open with tears collapsing down her cheeks and a very confused look.  "Wh-what.." dazed by the experience.

On 12.10.2016 at 11:37 PM, Rakawan said:

A call comes through from Theylin.

"Hello Major." He says. "Apologies for the wait, we had a small security situation."

"You're just doing your job, same as me. What I wanted to discuss is if you have any possible requests, offers, and other trivia that may come in handy before my superiors visit, and to get to know your group better. Back in Origins, people tend to think of you as of eccentric mercs who practice nearly religious beliefs. Since we're past the level of commoners gossips, I thought that the actual representative may tell more about of his organization"

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"You're just doing your job, same as me. What I wanted to discuss is if you have any possible requests, offers, and other trivia that may come in handy before my superiors visit, and to get to know your group better. Back in Origins, people tend to think of you as of eccentric mercs who practice nearly religious beliefs. Since we're past the level of commoners gossips, I thought that the actual representative may tell more about of his organization"

"Of course." Theylin says. "I can do you one better. Why don't you come aboard the Joyeuse and I'all give you a tour. That way I can answer your questions and show you what we are like."

36 minutes ago, LunarFirefly said:

Within her mind, Stormy follows after the voice moving towards the fields to a much more calm, and relaxed state.  Her shaky breaths, before quickened and panicked, now begin to slow until her breathing was normal again.

Slowly her eyes open with tears collapsing down her cheeks and a very confused look.  "Wh-what.." dazed by the experience.

You find yourself standing on an actual hill, among a field of flowers

A man stands before you on the hill, his arms folded behind him. He is wearing robes with a sword and shield sigil on them.

"Of course." Theylin says. "I can do you one better. Why don't you come aboard the Joyeuse and I'all give you a tour. That way I can answer your questions and show you what we are like."

"That's one way around. Tell your boys they'll have a visitor"

She set the coordinates to the cluster of ships hanging slightly past the atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You find yourself standing on an actual hill, among a field of flowers

A man stands before you on the hill, his arms folded behind him. He is wearing robes with a sword and shield sigil on them.

In the dream...?  Stormy stops a short distance from the man, uncertainty settling on her features as she tries to understand what's going on.  "Wh-who are you?"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"That's one way around. Tell your boys they'll have a visitor"

She set the coordinates to the cluster of ships hanging slightly past the atmosphere.

A waypoint appears to a slightly larger, slightly more ornate ship.

The hangar shield allows you passage and you see a figure standing in the bay waiting.