The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

In the dream...?  Stormy stops a short distance from the man, uncertainty settling on her features as she tries to understand what's going on.  "Wh-who are you?"

The world seems to be the real world.

"Ryoko Tanis." He says. "Arbiter of Miraalan. You gave my Clan's healer quite a scare."

Edited by Rakawan

On 07.10.2016 at 9:49 PM, Rakawan said:

"Testing ground." Grok says. "Twenty kilometers north. Hilly terain. Feel free to open up the throttle and let her rip."

"Baaw.." Seems like he expected (or at least hoped for) a different answer.

Ulf tried to test the speed limits when it was possible, to make some sharp turns, and to test the compensation of the chassis, but something was wrong. Perhaps, the absence of desperately screaming corpus crewmen wrapping their innards around the wheels and leaving messy trails of blood past the vehicle was the reason. Who knows, who knows. Anyway, Ulf proceeded to the appointed place without any extremes.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A waypoint appears to a slightly larger, slightly more ornate ship.

The hangar shield allows you passage and you see a figure standing in the bay waiting.

Therese approached the person who supposedly was the guide.

"The recent issue has been taken care of, I suppose. Ready to give a tour for a tourist?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Baaw.." Seems like he expected (or at least hoped for) a different answer.

Ulf tried to test the speed limits when it was possible, to make some sharp turns, and to test the compensation of the chassis, but something was wrong. Perhaps, the absence of desperately screaming corpus crewmen wrapping their innards around the wheels and leaving messy trails of blood past the vehicle was the reason. Who knows, who knows. Anyway, Ulf proceeded to the appointed place without any extremes.

The "training grounds" turn out to be nothing but a series of manmade hills and valleys. It looks like an old world motorcross field, but on a much larger scale.

"Okay boss." Grok says. "Let her rip. She can handle anything you can through at her."

Just now, Rakawan said:

The world seems to be the real world.

"Ryoko Tanis." He says. "Arbiter of Miraalan. You gave my Clan's healer quite a scare."

How - how had they gotten into a field?  Soft eyes drink in the man before her, embracing the sensation of the wind against her form.  Her arms curl up about her smaller frame with a slight shift in her position, "I-I'm.. Stormy Wyldes.. Arbiter Tanis."  Was she pleased to meet him?  She felt an uncertainty settle about her current situation more on confusion that anything, "H-how did I get.. h-here?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese approached the person who supposedly was the guide.

"The recent issue has been taken care of, I suppose. Ready to give a tour for a tourist?"

The figure turns. A Destrezza sits at his side and his helmet has a module similar to Hydroid's "eyepatch".

"Ahh Major." Theylin says, with a short bow. "Quite a ship you have there."

He turns and begins walking towards the hangar exit.

"To respond to your 'religious' comment, we are much more reasonable than simple fanatics." He says. "The name "Sons of Hayden" was not meant as an attempt to claim some special status. Rather it is a homage to the Tenno legend of Hayden Tenno. Whether or not he existed he was a fine soldier. Loyal, adaptable, and highly skilled. These are the qualities we seek to impress upon our recruits."

How - how had they gotten into a field?  Soft eyes drink in the man before her, embracing the sensation of the wind against her form.  Her arms curl up about her smaller frame with a slight shift in her position, "I-I'm.. Stormy Wyldes.. Arbiter Tanis."  Was she pleased to meet him?  She felt an uncertainty settle about her current situation more on confusion that anything, "H-how did I get.. h-here?"

"This planet is crossed with Void Ley Lines." He says. "Underground cables carrying void energy that span the continents. Can't you feel it?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"This planet is crossed with Void Ley Lines." He says. "Underground cables carrying void energy that span the continents. Can't you feel it?"

Her discomfort was rising with his questions as confusion becomes more pronounced, "Wh-what?  I-I think.. I j-just.. want to go home now.." she says timidly, starting to back away a bit.

Her discomfort was rising with his questions as confusion becomes more pronounced, "Wh-what?  I-I think.. I j-just.. want to go home now.." she says timidly, starting to back away a bit.

"I can feel them." He says. "And I can use them to travel wherever I wish upon the surface. That is how you got here. I thought the scenery would help dispel whatever memories were tormenting you."

He turns to face you.

"And where would that be?" He asks. "Don't worry child, I mean you no harm."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The figure turns. A Destrezza sits at his side and his helmet has a module similar to Hydroid's "eyepatch".

"Ahh Major." Theylin says, with a short bow. "Quite a ship you have there."

He turns and begins walking towards the hangar exit.

"To respond to your 'religious' comment, we are much more reasonable than simple fanatics." He says. "The name "Sons of Hayden" was not meant as an attempt to claim some special status. Rather it is a homage to the Tenno legend of Hayden Tenno. Whether or not he existed he was a fine soldier. Loyal, adaptable, and highly skilled. These are the qualities we seek to impress upon our recruits."

"And here goes the main bummer: you are not a church fellowship. I'd say that 85% of people would turn down at this point. Anyway, basing on the fact that you seem to have objects and assets fit for the work with civilians makes me suppose that your organization mission is tied with the Origins repopulation and overall civilization preservation in one way or another. Mind specifying it?"

She spotted a strange fact: everyone seemed to utilize Excalibur frames.

"And Is there any other units besides excalubur model?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"And here goes the main bummer: you are not a church fellowship. I'd say that 85% of people would turn down at this point. Anyway, basing on the fact that you seem to have objects and assets fit for the work with civilians makes me suppose that your organization mission is tied with the Origins repopulation and overall civilization preservation in one way or another. Mind specifying it?"

She spotted a strange fact: everyone seemed to utilize Excalibur frames.

"And Is there any other units besides excalubur model?"

"That's not to say some aren't religious." Theylin says. "I for one regularly attend the services on the surface, indeed I was thinking of hosting a service or two aboard the ship for people who don't have enough leave time on weekends."

He stops by a door. Inside you see several frames hanging on racks. An Excalibur in Daedalus armor is looking at a few. They seem divided into Standard and Proto skins. The Proto skins seem odd, however, and you see a sign labeled "Civilian Model" over the rack. The other rack reads "Tenno Model." 

The "Civilian Model" seems to feature holsters and ammunition pockets, as well as thicker armor than normal.

"Our goal is to remind the Grineer that they are not the only army in the system." Theylin says. "To this end we have started utilizing armors from the scrapped Proto-soldier project, and issuing them to civilians. We have several Human units, and a few mixed units."

He looks around at the other tenno as they work on tasks.

"We occasionally use other frames for particularly challenging missions." He says. "However the Excalibur model is very well balanced, and has become somewhat of a uniform for us."

You notice different armor sets on the frames and slight changes in the number and shape of blades on the glaive insignia.

Theylin's shoulder bears a five bladed Glaive with a serrated edge. The middle of the insignia has the number 27 on it.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I can feel them." He says. "And I can use them to travel wherever I wish upon the surface. That is how you got here. I though the scenery would help dispel whatever memories were tormenting you."

He turns to face you.

"And where would that be?" He asks. "Don't worry child, I mean you no harm."

"Ph-Phobos." she replies, shifting again as soft, silvery eyes drink in the man's features as carefully as she can.  "T-towards the northern surface..  W-we're just.. a small colony.. Th-the Corpus allowed us to stay.. and.. s-sometimes.. traded.. w-with us."

"Ph-Phobos." she replies, shifting again as soft, silvery eyes drink in the man's features as carefully as she can.  "T-towards the northern surface..  W-we're just.. a small colony.. Th-the Corpus allowed us to stay.. and.. s-sometimes.. traded.. w-with us."

The man appears young. His face does not look over thirty. However there is a depth to his gaze, and his eyes seem to belong to someone FAR older. Someone who has seen empires rise and fall, and lost much. 

"Phobos." He says. "A dangerous place."

He taps a finger on his ear.

"Marcus." He says. "Retask our spy sattelite on Phobos." 

He looks to you.

"Do you remember where exactly?" He asks. "I could take you back if you want."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That's not to say some aren't religious." Theylin says. "I for one regularly attend the services on the surface, indeed I was thinking of hosting a service or two aboard the ship for people who don't have enough leave time on weekends."

He stops by a door. Inside you see several frames hanging on racks. An Excalibur in Daedalus armor is looking at a few. They seem divided into Standard and Proto skins. The Proto skins seem odd, however, and you see a sign labeled "Civilian Model" over the rack. The other rack reads "Tenno Model." 

The "Civilian Model" seems to feature holsters and ammunition pockets, as well as thicker armor than normal.

"Our goal is to remind the Grineer that they are not the only army in the system." Theylin says. "To this end we have started utilizing armors from the scrapped Proto-soldier project, and issuing them to civilians. We have several Human units, and a few mixed units."

He looks around at the other tenno as they work on tasks.

"We occasionally use other frames for particularly challenging missions." He says. "However the Excalibur model is very well balanced, and has become somewhat of a uniform for us."

You notice different armor sets on the frames and slight changes in the number and shape of blades on the glaive insignia.

Theylin's shoulder bears a five bladed Glaive with a serrated edge. The middle of the insignia has the number 27 on it.

"Two corps, vertical hierarchy, group preferences; reminds me of my own group with the differences in scale and details. Is there any other agenda despite countering the grineer? Also, I'm now complying the agenda for my boss and wanted to ask if there are any official request or offers you would like to make"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The man appears young. His face does not look over thirty. However there is a depth to his gaze, and his eyes seem to belong to someone FAR older. Someone who has seen empires rise and fall, and lost much. 

"Phobos." He says. "A dangerous place."

He taps a finger on his ear.

"Marcus." He says. "Retask our spy sattelite on Phobos." 

He looks to you.

"Do you remember where exactly?" He asks. "I could take you back if you want."

The confusion grows on her features, "S-spy satellite?" feeling her anxiety elevate a bit with worry, "I-is something wr-wrong?"  Why would they need to spy on her home?  Dragging her eyes away from the male, she bit her lower lip to look around, "M-my family is there.. A-Are they in d-danger?" Slowly she sets her gaze back on him with a hint of tears settling at the edges with worry for her family's safety.

"Um.. " Wanting to trust the people here, she gives him the exact coordinates of her colony.  "W-would you?  C-can you tell me what's.. going on?"

The confusion grows on her features, "S-spy satellite?" feeling her anxiety elevate a bit with worry, "I-is something wr-wrong?"  Why would they need to spy on her home?  Dragging her eyes away from the male, she bit her lower lip to look around, "M-my family is there.. A-Are they in d-danger?" Slowly she sets her gaze back on him with a hint of tears settling at the edges with worry for her family's safety.

"Um.. " Wanting to trust the people here, she gives him the exact coordinates of her colony.  "W-would you?  C-can you tell me what's.. going on?"

"Oh no, nothing like that." He says. "I just wondered if you'd like to see your home. We have some sattelites on all the planets. Helps us respond to Grineer and Corpus invasions."

He mentions the coordinates into an unseen speaker, and hands you a pad.

"Here you go." He says. "Should be coming into view any...."

He stops.

"It's what?" He says. "Slow down Marcus... When?"

His face grows concerned.

"Why wasn't I notified about this?" He asks. "Well get a crew down there now. Whoever we can spare, there may still be people in trouble."

Unbeknownst to him the holo-pad begins showing images of the colony.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Two corps, vertical hierarchy, group preferences; reminds me of my own group with the differences in scale and details. Is there any other agenda despite countering the grineer? Also, I'm now complying the agenda for my boss and wanted to ask if there are any official request or offers you would like to make"

"Those torpedo carriers are interesting." He says. "We could use something like that. We don't have many fighter craft. Problem is we don't have much to offer."

He gestures towards a fabrication lab. Crates of raw material sit in the room.

"We go through a lot of resources for repair, maintenance, and training." He says. "Part of why we agreed to the Alliance. Patrol duty in exchange for unrestricted access to the mines seemed like a good deal. We could always steal from the Corpus, but these days it's getting harder and harder to find unprotected freighters. This was the more efficient option."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Oh no, nothing like that." He says. "I just wondered if you'd like to see your home. We have some sattelites on all the planets. Helps us respond to Grineer and Corpus invasions."

He mentions the coordinates into an unseen speaker, and hands you a pad.

"Here you go." He says. "Should be coming into view any...."

He stops.

"It's what?" He says. "Slow down Marcus... When?"

His face grows concerned.

"Why wasn't I notified about this?" He asks. "Well get a crew down there now. Whoever we can spare, there may still be people in trouble."

Unbeknownst to him the holo-pad begins showing images of the colony.

Stormy looks at him with all the more worry, inching closer to try to get an idea of what was happening.  People in trouble.. She quickly scoots in, catching sight of the images projected from the holo-pad.  As suddenly as she had gone into a panic in the hospital, she was running away from the man in search of a vessel to hijack and take off back to the Origin system with heavy breaths, and shock consuming her.

The only thing she could thing of was she needed to get home.  She had to get home..  Nothing was going to stop her.

Stormy looks at him with all the more worry, inching closer to try to get an idea of what was happening.  People in trouble.. She quickly scoots in, catching sight of the images projected from the holo-pad.  As suddenly as she had gone into a panic in the hospital, she was running away from the man in search of a vessel to hijack and take off back to the Origin system with heavy breaths, and shock consuming her.

The only thing she could thing of was she needed to get home.  She had to get home..  Nothing was going to stop her.

You run right into Holly. She grabs your shoulders.

"Hold on." She says. "Where are you going in such a rush. He doesn't bite you know..."

Ryoko's voice calls out.

"Lieutenant." He says. "Gather a squadron of your finest soldiers. We need a recon report on a Phobos Colony."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"The biggest and bloodiest steak you have." He says. 

"Right away!"
As she floated back, she clapsed her hands as a command to the Ospreys, sending them to the storage. Not too long after, a big, bloody chunk of fresh meat was brought to her with 4 ospreys carrying it, and dumping it the owen so she can get to work. "This is going to be a masterpiece of a steak..." she said as she prepared all that she needed.

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"Right away!"
As she floated back, she clapsed her hands as a command to the Ospreys, sending them to the storage. Not too long after, a big, bloody chunk of fresh meat was brought to her with 4 ospreys carrying it, and dumping it the owen so she can get to work. "This is going to be a masterpiece of a steak..." she said as she prepared all that she needed.

The counter audibly strains under the load as the man leans on it. 

"Name's Bill." He says. "Commander of the Archon Corp."

He looks at the oven.

"Oooooh." He says. "That looks lovely."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The counter audibly strains under the load as the man leans on it. 

"Name's Bill." He says. "Commander of the Archon Corp."

He looks at the oven.

"Oooooh." He says. "That looks lovely."

"It'll look even lovelier~" she replied as she hacked parts of the meat into proper shape. "Name's Alice. What's this Archon thingie?"

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"It'll look even lovelier~" she replied as she hacked parts of the meat into proper shape. "Name's Alice. What's this Archon thingie?"

"Powered Armor." He says. "Allows us to kill just as many Grineer as you Tenno."

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You run right into Holly. She grabs your shoulders.

"Hold on." She says. "Where are you going in such a rush. He doesn't bite you know..."

Ryoko's voice calls out.

"Lieutenant." He says. "Gather a squadron of your finest soldiers. We need a recon report on a Phobos Colony."

"M-my home!" Stormy cries out weakly, "They d-destroyed m-my home!" panic was evident on her features as she struggles helplessly to try to break Holly's hold.  "P-please.." she pleads, "Please!  I-I have to find them!  M-my family!"

"M-my home!" Stormy cries out weakly, "They d-destroyed m-my home!" panic was evident on her features as she struggles helplessly to try to break Holly's hold.  "P-please.." she pleads, "Please!  I-I have to find them!  M-my family!"

"Of course." Holly says. "We'll help you."

She begins walking towards a spaceport, talking to people on her comms.

You see several other Dex approaching the spaceport, as a ship lands.