The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

As the bag suddenly seems to become a Grineer Lancer, Jez rapidly backs up pulling ---- paper?  Origami?  From the folds of her clothing, lowering her nimble frame slightly.  She acts without even thinking, allowing the paper to seemingly burn away at an extremely rapid pace like hot coat pressed to paper without ever producing a flame, replaced quickly by what appears to be three senbon needles in one hand.  Quickly she throws the senbon needles towards the Grineer's eyes aiming to blind it first before rushing up towards its form to more or less climb it with her feet, and shoving the third up through his throat and into his skull, pushing off the Grineer with her feet to backflip and land elegantly onto the ground where she had started from.

Should her execution be swift enough, she should kill him pretty fast.

The image blurs and fades, revealling the bag impaled with the needles.

"Hmmmm." Cass says. "Emphasis on targeting weak points, opening with a disabling strike, good agility."

He nods.

"That trick with the paper was interesting." He says. "Where did you learn to do that?"

The other operatives, some having been called away, still seem engrossed in their exercises.

Edited by Rakawan

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The image blurs and fades, revealling the bag impaled with the needles.

"Hmmmm." Cass says. "Emphasis on targeting weak points, opening with a disabling strike, good agility."

He nods.

"That trick with the paper was interesting." He says. "Where did you learn to do that?"

The other operatives, some having been called away, still seem engrossed in their exercises.

Jez steps back again only to feel the small, origami crane wiggle its way free of the collar of her top.  It finds its way to her shoulder where it perches, staring at the Tenno silently.  The oriental looking woman just shrugs a bit, "It was something I taught myself." Which was true.  The Grineer sure as heck didn't teach her this stuff!

Jez steps back again only to feel the small, origami crane wiggle its way free of the collar of her top.  It finds its way to her shoulder where it perches, staring at the Tenno silently.  The oriental looking woman just shrugs a bit, "It was something I taught myself." Which was true.  The Grineer sure as heck didn't teach her this stuff!

"Try again." He says. "With the dagger. How would you open with that."

He bag once again changes, this time into a Bombard. He scowls at you.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Try again." He says. "With the dagger. How would you open with that."

He bag once again changes, this time into a Bombard. He scowls at you.

Dagger...?  She's never used normal weapons.. When he says dagger, she's pulling out her origami dagger which changes it in the same way the senbon needles had changed.  But using a dagger means getting close which is not something she's good at.  No.. No she had another idea.. Pulling what seems to be an origami sparrow, she suddenly rushes the bombard to throw it in its face hoping she was able to act before it started firing sh*t at her.  Even if it didn't, the birds may take some of the projectiles helping her to avoid them.

If she succeeds, as the sparrow is flying towards him it would suddenly change akin to the other origami, but this time sending a cluster of sparrows flying straight for its face to blind and startle it.  Should she succeed, she would dash down onto her knees to slide between its legs, aiming to slash the tendons in its ankles - or whatever mechanical device supports the movement of their feet or knees.

If it works and it goes down, she would end it by trying to jump onto the Bombard's back before slamming the dagger into its head to hopefully end its life.

Dagger...?  She's never used normal weapons.. When he says dagger, she's pulling out her origami dagger which changes it in the same way the senbon needles had changed.  But using a dagger means getting close which is not something she's good at.  No.. No she had another idea.. Pulling what seems to be an origami sparrow, she suddenly rushes the bombard to throw it in its face hoping she was able to act before it started firing sh*t at her.  Even if it didn't, the birds may take some of the projectiles helping her to avoid them.

If she succeeds, as the sparrow is flying towards him it would suddenly change akin to the other origami, but this time sending a cluster of sparrows flying straight for its face to blind and startle it.  Should she succeed, she would dash down onto her knees to slide between its legs, aiming to slash the tendons in its ankles - or whatever mechanical device supports the movement of their feet or knees.

If it works and it goes down, she would end it by trying to jump onto the Bombard's back before slamming the dagger into its head to hopefully end its life.

The Bombards heavy armor resists the dagger strikes more than you anticipated. It's hand moves up to grab you...

and passes through you.

"With the Dark Dagger." Cass says. "I want to see how you adjust to a new weapon. How you use something you are not familiar with."

Just now, Rakawan said:

The Bombards heavy armor resists the dagger strikes more than you anticipated. It's hand moves up to grab you...

and passes through you.

"With the Dark Dagger." Cass says. "I want to see how you adjust to a new weapon. How you use something you are not familiar with."

Jez lowers her hands to look at Cass, eyebrows slowly narrowing, "Why.."

Jez lowers her hands to look at Cass, eyebrows slowly narrowing, "Why.."

"You want me to train you." He says. "It would be pointless to teach you to do things you already know how to do. To fight with weapons you are familiar with."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You want me to train you." He says. "It would be pointless to teach you to do things you already know how to do. To fight with weapons you are familiar with."

Jez sighs, tossing the now used origami into the air to let it shatter into tiny light shards, trickling away bit by bit.  Pulling the box from within her clothes, she opens it to stare at the dagger, "These can't be hidden, or excused as nothing more than paper.  Carrying average weaponry is pointless for someone like me."

15 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

Jez sighs, tossing the now used origami into the air to let it shatter into tiny light shards, trickling away bit by bit.  Pulling the box from within her clothes, she opens it to stare at the dagger, "These can't be hidden, or excused as nothing more than paper.  Carrying average weaponry is pointless for someone like me."

A fire seems to burn in the old Tenno's eyes and a hint of steel enters his voice.

"Pointless?" He demands. "Yes indeed. You could bite someone, and it would kill them. You could pinch a nerve, or punch them in the right spot and it would kill them."

He steps forward.

"And yet mankind has chosen to create and perfect weapons." He says. "Even the Tenno with all our power, recognize the usefulness of a simple blade. The Orokin believed they were beyond such 'simple' tools. Do not make the same mistake."

His voice softens.

"There are forces in play greater than you." He says. "Opponents you may face who can resist, even nullify, your powers. If you are to train with Tenno, to exist in this larger world in whcih you find yourself, you will need to expand your horizons. You will start, by learning basic bladework, the same as any recruit I have trained."

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Those torpedo carriers are interesting." He says. "We could use something like that. We don't have many fighter craft. Problem is we don't have much to offer."

He gestures towards a fabrication lab. Crates of raw material sit in the room.

"We go through a lot of resources for repair, maintenance, and training." He says. "Part of why we agreed to the Alliance. Patrol duty in exchange for unrestricted access to the mines seemed like a good deal. We could always steal from the Corpus, but these days it's getting harder and harder to find unprotected freighters. This was the more efficient option."

"It is more warheads than carriers, to be honest. And it's a pain in the rear to produce all those high power yield armaments. So here we are: exchanging security services for raw and banal resources that make our R&D and manufacturing departments play office trench wars. Not trying to encourage you or promise anything, but there may be options with the carriers, though. Due to certain projects realization, some of our combat crafts may or may not be written-off. In any case, this recorded for now. So far, this is what I intended to get to know, so I won't take your time any longer"

She half-turns to leave but then remembers something

"Oh, and I wish your second-in-command a swift and proper recovery from the yesterday incident"

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A fire seems to burn in the old Tenno's eyes and a hint of steel enters his voice.

"Pointless?" He demands. "Yes indeed. You could bite someone, and it would kill them. You could pinch a nerve, or punch them in the right spot and it would kill them."

He steps forward.

"And yet mankind has chosen to create and perfect weapons." He says. "Even the Tenno with all our power, recognize the usefulness of a simple blade. The Orokin believed they were beyond such 'simple' tools. Do not make the same mistake."

His voice softens.

"There are forces in play greater than you." He says. "Opponents you may face who can resist, even nullify, your powers. If you are to train with Tenno, to exist in this larger world in whcih you find yourself, you will need to expand your horizons. You will start, by learning basic bladework, the same as any recruit I have trained."

"My powers." she repeats icily, "Are to create blades of various kinds.  They can be adjusted to what I need by creating new designs with new material, different blades, different styles, all with folding paper.  They can adapt.  What comes out in the end are weapons.  I create.  I mold.  I adapt just as my origami does. I--" Jez is silenced by the sensation of a paper, origami crane suddenly pecking sharply against her neck.

Turning to narrow her eyes, she scowls softly, "I am not." she retorts to the little creature.

The crane bounces a bit as if arguing back before Jez goes to flick it off -- and stops.

"My point is --" she says, turning back to Cass, "These things are limited.  What I create, which becomes what I want it to, are not."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"It is more warheads than carriers, to be honest. And it's a pain in the rear to produce all those high power yield armaments. So here we are: exchanging security services for raw and banal resources that make our R&D and manufacturing departments play office trench wars. Not trying to encourage you or promise anything, but there may be options with the carriers, though. Due to certain projects realization, some of our combat crafts may or may not be written-off. In any case, this recorded for now. So far, this is what I intended to get to know, so I won't take your time any longer"

She half-turns to leave but then remembers something

"Oh, and I wish your second-in-command a swift and proper recovery from the yesterday incident"

"Thank you." He says. "I hope such sacrifices are not necessary for a long time."

34 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Indeed." He says. "Nothing like the smell of burn corpses in the morning. I've had my personal suit outfitted with a flamethrower."

"Adorable!" She said, just as simple as before.

Edited by Denny2669

"My powers." she repeats icily, "Are to create blades of various kinds.  They can be adjusted to what I need by creating new designs with new material, different blades, different styles, all with folding paper.  They can adapt.  What comes out in the end are weapons.  I create.  I mold.  I adapt just as my origami does. I--" Jez is silenced by the sensation of a paper, origami crane suddenly pecking sharply against her neck.

Turning to narrow her eyes, she scowls softly, "I am not." she retorts to the little creature.

The crane bounces a bit as if arguing back before Jez goes to flick it off -- and stops.

"My point is --" she says, turning back to Cass, "These things are limited.  What I create, which becomes what I want it to, are not."

"And therein lies the beauty of it." Cass says. "It is a dagger, it was a dagger 400 years ago, and it will mostly likely be a dagger 400 years from now. Stick it in a nullifier field and it will still be a dagger."

He pulls back his sleeve. A long jagged scar runs down his arm.

"This is the best outcome of an attitude like yours." He says. "A scar, something to learn from. There are several Tenno who would trade their fates for such a thing. If you think you already have all the skills you need, then you are welcome to walk out that door and take your chances."

The hint of steel reenters his voice.

"If you want me to train you, then you must listen. And even harder, you must trust." He says. "Now show me your bladework."

A different image appears. A Loki hologram. It draws a skana and sinks into a ready position.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Thank you." He says. "I hope such sacrifices are not necessary for a long time."

Therese proceeded back to her ship. When inside, she set up the coordinates to the capitol. While thinking about the fact that she has actually fulfilled her "gathering" stage agenda, she now had free time.

... Free time ... She mentally pronounced the word combination that was rather alien and weird to her until now. Then, she remembered that Felicity wanted to call her back. But who knows if she's not busy? Deciding against fishing for attention, Bloom suddenly recalled that she wanted to tweak her frame's exteriors for over a month now but always managed to forget this aesthetic itch. 

Following the regimentation of visual recognition of her division, she didn't change any colors, only replaced the armor elements with Hulta analogs, since this particular set harmonically fits the 'leathery' elements of Mesa-class frames.

Spoiler

DW9Hvze.png

After few more check-ups, she was satisfied with the result.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese proceeded back to her ship. When inside, she set up the coordinates to the capitol. While thinking about the fact that she has actually fulfilled her "gathering" stage agenda, she now had free time.

... Free time ... She mentally pronounced the word combination that was rather alien and weird to her until now. Then, she remembered that Felicity wanted to call her back. But who knows if she's not busy? Deciding against fishing for attention, Bloom suddenly recalled that she wanted to tweak her frame's exteriors for over a month now but always managed to forget this aesthetic itch. 

Following the regimentation of visual recognition of her division, she didn't change any colors, only replaced the armor elements with Hulta analogs, since this particular set harmonically fits the 'leathery' elements of Mesa-class frames.

Reveal hidden contents

DW9Hvze.png

After few more check-ups, she was satisfied with the result.

"Major." A voice says over the comms. "Do you have a minute?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"And therein lies the beauty of it." Cass says. "It is a dagger, it was a dagger 400 years ago, and it will mostly likely be a dagger 400 years from now. Stick it in a nullifier field and it will still be a dagger."

He pulls back his sleeve. A long jagged scar runs down his arm.

"This is the best outcome of an attitude like yours." He says. "A scar, something to learn from. There are several Tenno who would trade their fates for such a thing. If you think you already have all the skills you need, then you are welcome to walk out that door and take your chances."

The hint of steel reenters his voice.

"If you want me to train you, then you must listen. And even harder, you must trust." He says. "Now show me your bladework."

A different image appears. A Loki hologram. It draws a skana and sinks into a ready position.

Jez gives him a sharp look, "I know what scars are." There's a glow of fire behind those violet eyes, "One more scar among many makes no difference.  And I never said I had all the skill I need.. You are pretty presumptuous."  Social skills?  Well, that was something else she could work on.. Dropping the box the dagger was in, she allows her fingers to curl around its hilt, studying it cautiously.

"I never told people on Phenix where I had come from, or what happened to me.. I don't believe I told you either." Flipping the dagger around in her hand, she pulls her sash from around her hips and carefully ties it around her head to blindfold herself.

"Trust." she repeats, "Is something earned, not given freely."

Assuming a relatively mixed stance both defensive and offensive in style, she holds the dagger readily in her grip.

Jez gives him a sharp look, "I know what scars are." There's a glow of fire behind those violet eyes, "One more scar among many makes no difference.  And I never said I had all the skill I need.. You are pretty presumptuous."  Social skills?  Well, that was something else she could work on.. Dropping the box the dagger was in, she allows her fingers to curl around its hilt, studying it cautiously.

"I never told people on Phenix where I had come from, or what happened to me.. I don't believe I told you either." Flipping the dagger around in her hand, she pulls her sash from around her hips and carefully ties it around her head to blindfold herself.

"Trust." she repeats, "Is something earned, not given freely."

Assuming a relatively mixed stance both defensive and offensive in style, she holds the dagger readily in her grip.

The hologram feints to the right and then slices at your left arm with lightning speed.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The hologram feints to the right and then slices at your left arm with lightning speed.

Sounds.. vibrations in the floor if there any any.. The shift of the air.. She tries to read all these things.  Having had practiced blind fighting with another Loki, she's not unfamiliar with their speed and agility.  However avoiding it fully is another story.  Being blindfolded helps her not be fooled by her eyes, and gives her the ability to react more readily when she detects the shift.

Moving with notable speed, very lean and quick to respond, she moves to avoid the slash feeling just the faintest hint of the blade brush against her arm.  It was close.. Very close.. But it doesn't quite cut into her.

In retaliation, she's twisting her form slightly to the right, rotating it to slice the blade in a circular motion intending to slice across the Warframe's throat due to its positioning, which ought to make it easier for her to accomplish given he's opened himself to attack.

Sounds.. vibrations in the floor if there any any.. The shift of the air.. She tries to read all these things.  Having had practiced blind fighting with another Loki, she's not unfamiliar with their speed and agility.  However avoiding it fully is another story.  Being blindfolded helps her not be fooled by her eyes, and gives her the ability to react more readily when she detects the shift.

Moving with notable speed, very lean and quick to respond, she moves to avoid the slash feeling just the faintest hint of the blade brush against her arm.  It was close.. Very close.. But it doesn't quite cut into her.

In retaliation, she's twisting her form slightly to the right, rotating it to slice the blade in a circular motion intending to slice across the Warframe's throat due to its positioning, which ought to make it easier for her to accomplish given he's opened himself to attack.

The dagger seems to sense your motion, and the blow is slightly faster than you anticipated. The Loki reacts, but too slow. The hologram fizzles and collapses.

"Excellent." Cass says. "A good strike. Level one should prove no challenge for you."

He motions to the door.

"But first." He says. "I would like to hear more about your story, and your powers. Come, let us have a cup of tea."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Is that you, Arbiter Ryoko? I do have a minute. Or ten. Or an hour" she replied while leaving the armory. 

"I... uhhhh." He says. "I seem to have misplaced my fiance."

He sounds embarassed.

"She said she was going to make sure the digsite would be fine without her." He says. "It's been an hour and I haven't heard back from her. When she left she said she was going to talk to you. Did she mention where she was going? I can't seem to raise her on the comms."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I... uhhhh." He says. "I seem to have misplaced my fiance."

He sounds embarassed.

"She said she was going to make sure the digsite would be fine without her." He says. "It's been an hour and I haven't heard back from her. When she left she said she was going to talk to you. Did she mention where she was going? I can't seem to raise her on the comms."

At this moment, Therese wanted to click with her tongue and to make a rude joke about men's generally shared inability to keep their eyes on their women, but that would be too rude, inappropriate, and ill-tempered. Besides, sometimes people go missing because of serious turns of events.

She brought up the recording of her conversation with Felicity from her bort computer's cache and sent it in Ryoko's way, so he could witness the whole call that took place.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

At this moment, Therese wanted to click with her tongue and to make a rude joke about men's generally shared inability to keep their eyes on their women, but that would be too rude, inappropriate, and ill-tempered. Besides, sometimes people go missing because of serious turns of events.

She brought up the recording of her conversation with Felicity from her bort computer's cache and sent it in Ryoko's way, so he could witness the whole call that took place.

He reviews it.

"Thank you." He says. "I'll ask anyone at the digsite if they've seen her. She's probably gushing over artifacts with Hund. She always did love good tech."