The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The barkeep slides a plate of food to you.

"His name is Brandon." He says. "He's my grandson."

Brandon slides off the stool and climbs onto another across the counter from you.

"Where did you grow up?" He asks. "I grew up in a Grineer mining colony. I didn't like it there."

Jez looks at the plate quietly for some time much as she had the coffee.  Perhaps.. deciding if it might be safe, or if this was some sort of trap.  When asked where she grew up, a dark look settles upon her features with her eyes shifting away not wanting to make the kid think it was aimed at him.

"No where important.." It might have been, but she was reluctant to say

Edited by LunarFirefly

3 minutes ago, LunarFirefly said:

Jez looks at the plate quietly for some time much as she had the coffee.  Perhaps.. deciding if it might be safe, or if this was some sort of trap.  When asked where she grew up, a dark look settles upon her features with her eyes shifting away not wanting to make the kid think it was aimed at him.

"No where important.." It might have been, but she was reluctant to say

"My mother told me everyone's home is important." He says. "And everyone is special."

He jeans across the table.

"I don't think she means the Grineer, though." He says. "They aren't special. Just mean. Like those bullies you scared away."

"Detailed." He says. "I have time."

"Alright then" she leaned slightly forward for more comfortable position, "A number of years ago, we received a strange call from one of those colonies under our protectorate - the local overseer said that they began to experience weird sighting, network interruptions, and signs of squatting in the desolated parts of the planetoid, which they feared to be a hostile spies activity. Since the colony was within Ceforus' custody, he deployed two standard extermination teams and personally joined to investigate the issue. After a couple of hours, one of the team reported about fire contact with an unknown shooter who was hiding in the pre-collapse era ruins. The sorry bastard was lucky that it wasn't Seonah's or Teloch's troops who found him otherwise he would've been dead the next moment after blowing the disguise. Anyway, the group uncovered a single terrified man armed with a single handgun who had been dwelling the ruins for about a month before ending up bent like a mutton by our troops. The guy had never seen a tenno before and so he thought that we possessed a lethal threat to him, making him open fire from his fart gun once the exposure became inevitable. During the capture, he attempted to destroy his personal data device and even to commit a suicide but it is redundant to say how much the odds were against him". She slightly shifted the weight center forward, "The most interesting happened when we attempted to interrogate that chap. I will put down the details on how he tried to smash his head against the cell walls for a number of times and tried to provoke the interrogation team for violence whenever they tried to communicate with him; when we browsed the contents of his PDA, we were slightly shocked: he appeared to be a member of a small secretive group of volunteers whose main goal was to gather and preserve all sorts of knowledge and art ever produced by the humankind. After our captive subsided a bit and understood that we are not interested neither in murdering him nor in slaughtering and robbing his group, he told us that his mission was to clear up the ruins of pre-war archives, but the vessel that was ought to pick him up never came by, leaving him on the planetoid with suspicious as observer drones settlers. But that's not the end of the story, as you may figure it out. Warlord Ceforus Pallas was absolutely thrilled about the results of this encounter. I guess that there was something personal, but he insisted on supporting this group of selfless individuals in their mission, as it mediately coincides with our goal of preserving humanity and so our old military oath. Other warlords were either supportive or neutral, so soon we contacted the rest of these underground librarians through our "captive" and took the group under our heavy-armed wing. When we found them, there were only forty of them or so scattered across the system; now, there are three hundred of these nerds prowling the Terminus for artifacts and pieces of lore, sorting the recovered information massives, and scheming on spreading the knowledge among human inhabited worlds. Their organization is horizontal, with no formal leadership; they have two branches - archivists and scavengers. We provide them with assets, data space, and protection, dump some of our findings to them, help them to cooperate with our trusted allies, and rescue their field operatives almost on weekly basis. These geeks have a knack for three things: working with massive volumes of information, self-organizing, and getting into troubles". She paused for a brief moment to try to catch the smells. "The data vault we delivered is their second attempt to compose a ready for usage info bank for colonies. As far as I know, they are planning to establish the third branch - the field volunteers who would cater the teaching and promoting functions". She flexed her neck after finishing this lecture, "Makes me think of how differently the things could've happened back there..." her stomach vocalized a gentle roar "... and of how I can eat a farmer's butt through a grater"

Edited by Teloch

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Alright then" she leaned slightly forward for more comfortable position, "A number of years ago, we received a strange call from one of those colonies under our protectorate - the local overseer said that they began to experience weird sighting, network interruptions, and signs of squatting in the desolated parts of the planetoid, which they feared to be a hostile spies activity. Since the colony was within Ceforus' custody, he deployed two standard extermination teams and personally joined to investigate the issue. After a couple of hours, one of the team reported about fire contact with an unknown shooter who was hiding in the pre-collapse era ruins. The sorry bastard was lucky that it wasn't Seonah's or Teloch's troops who found him otherwise he would've been dead the next moment after blowing the disguise. Anyway, the group uncovered a single terrified man armed with a single handgun who had been dwelling the ruins for about a month before ending up bent like a mutton by our troops. The guy had never seen a tenno before and so he thought that we possessed a lethal threat to him, making him open fire from his fart gun once the exposure became inevitable. During the capture, he attempted to destroy his personal data device and even to commit a suicide but it is redundant to say how much the odds were against him". She slightly shifted the weight center forward, "The most interesting happened when we attempted to interrogate that chap. I will put down the details on how he tried to smash his head against the cell walls for a number of times and tried to provoke the interrogation team for violence whenever they tried to communicate with him; when we browsed the contents of his PDA, we were slightly shocked: he appeared to be a member of a small secretive group of volunteers whose main goal was to gather and preserve all sorts of knowledge and art ever produced by the humankind. After our captive subsided a bit and understood that we are not interested neither in murdering him nor in slaughtering and robbing his group, he told us that his mission was to clear up the ruins of pre-war archives, but the vessel that was ought to pick him up never came by, leaving him on the planetoid with suspicious as observer drones settlers. But that's not the end of the story, as you may figure it out. Warlord Ceforus Pallas was absolutely thrilled about the results of this encounter. I guess that there was something personal, but he insisted on supporting this group of selfless individuals in their mission, as it mediately coincides with our goal of preserving humanity and so our old military oath. Other warlords were either supportive or neutral, so soon we contacted the rest of these underground librarians through our "captive" and took the group under our heavy-armed wing. When we found them, there were only forty of them or so scattered across the system; now, there are three hundred of these nerds prowling the Terminus for artifacts and pieces of lore, sorting the recovered information massives, and scheming on spreading the knowledge among human inhabited worlds. They organization is horizontal, with no formal leadership; they have two branches - archivists and scavengers. We provide them with assets, data space, and protection, dump some of our findings to them, help them to cooperate with our trusted allies, and rescue their field operatives almost on weekly basis. These geeks have a knack for three things: working with massive volumes of information, self-organizing, and getting into troubles". She paused for a brief moment to try to catch the smells. "The data vault we delivered is their second attempt to compose a ready for usage info bank for colonies. As far as I know, they are planning to establish the third branch - the field volunteers who would cater the teaching and promoting functions". She flexed her neck after finishing this lecture, "Makes me think of how differently the things could've happened back there..." her stomach vocalized a gentle roar "... and of how I can eat a farmer's butt through a grater"

While you speak a heavyset man delivers your meal. He hangs back around the entrance to the kitchen listening.

"Sounds like a group Ryoko would love to meet." Seven says. "Especially with the 'getting into trouble' knack."

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

While you speak a heavyset man delivers your meal. He hangs back around the entrance to the kitchen listening.

"Sounds like a group Ryoko would love to meet." Seven says. "Especially with the 'getting into trouble' knack."

"Maybe," she said while readying the kitchen appliances "The relationship trajectory between our groups seems to be promising so far. And just before I preoccupy my senses with a neaty-meaty pie, I'd like to ask you to provide me with a feedback on the data-bank once you'll  try it out properly, so I could hand it to our heroic nerds" she prepared to devour the innocent piece of bakery like a shark shredding a navy seal. There was something predatory lingering in her eyes.

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Maybe," she said while readying the kitchen appliances "The relationship trajectory between our groups seems to be promising so far. And  just before I preoccupied my senses with this neaty-meaty pie, I'd like to ask you to provide me with a feedback on the data-bank once you'll  try it out properly, so I could hand it to our heroic nerds" she prepared to devour the innocent piece of bakery like a shark shredding a navy seal. There was something predatory lingering in her eyes.

Seven watches with a small amount of horror as you devour the pie.

"My mother told me everyone's home is important." He says. "And everyone is special."

He jeans across the table.

"I don't think she means the Grineer, though." He says. "They aren't special. Just mean. Like those bullies you scared away."

There's a slight tug downward at the edge of her lips.  "I don't have a home.  The Grineer forced me to kill everyone where I was born.. I belonged to them up until recently."

17 minutes ago, LunarFirefly said:

There's a slight tug downward at the edge of her lips.  "I don't have a home.  The Grineer forced me to kill everyone where I was born.. I belonged to them up until recently."

His eyes griw sad when you mention killing, but he dies not seem to linger on it.

"They used to own me to." He says. "Then the Tenno came and killed them. When I grow up I want to be a Tenno."

Just now, Rakawan said:

His eyes griw sad when you mention killing, but he dies not seem to linger on it.

"They used to own me to." He says. "Then the Tenno came and killed them. When I grow up I want to be a Tenno."

Jez' expression actually... softens.  "Maybe you can be someday."  As cold as some seem, she understood well that at least the one she had come to trust with her life, was a good man.  Pulling herself from her thoughts, she looks down at the food briefly which, like the coffee, remained untouched.

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

Jez' expression actually... softens.  "Maybe you can be someday."  As cold as some seem, she understood well that at least the one she had come to trust with her life, was a good man.  Pulling herself from her thoughts, she looks down at the food briefly which, like the coffee, remained untouched.

"My momma became one." He says. "But the Arbiter says I have to wait till I'm older."

He looks at the plate.

"Are you gonna eat that?" He asks.

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My momma became one." He says. "But the Arbiter says I have to wait till I'm older."

He looks at the plate.

"Are you gonna eat that?" He asks.

Jez fell quiet again...  His Mother became one..? It didn't make sense to her.  As far as she knew, there were a limited amount in the universe, and it was by accident that they became what they are..

...like she had gained her powers.

The food is regarded again, and she pushes it across towards the boy quietly.

On 10/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, LunarFirefly said:

Jez fell quiet again...  His Mother became one..? It didn't make sense to her.  As far as she knew, there were a limited amount in the universe, and it was by accident that they became what they are..

...like she had gained her powers.

The food is regarded again, and she pushes it across towards the boy quietly.

The boy devours it with vigor.

The barkeep turns to you.

"So how long do you plan on staying?" He asks. "Or are you just passing through?"

On 19.10.2016 at 8:59 PM, Rakawan said:

Seven watches with a small amount of horror as you devour the pie.

After murdering an innocent pie with vigor and jolly bloodthirstiness that is usually inherited by big cats and predatory fish, Therese sat down satisfied, neatly cleaning the edge of her mouth with a handkerchief, leaning backward, and placing her palms on her frame's belly. Seem like people don't lie when they say that soldiers have the simplest dreams and so conditions required to become happy. And this one surely looked like a content soldier at the time.

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

After murdering an innocent pie with vigor and jolly bloodthirstiness that is usually inherited by big cats and predatory fish, Therese sat down satisfied, neatly cleaning the edge of her mouth with a handkerchief, leaning backward, and placing her palms on her frame's belly. Seem like people don't lie when they say that soldiers have the simplest dreams and so conditions required to become happy. And this one surely looked like a content soldier at the time.

A Rhino in Palantine armor enters the bar.

"Ahh, Temple Guardian." Seven says. "What can I do for you?"

The Rhino holds out a scroll to Theresa.

"You are summoned." He says, his voice full of ceremony. 

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

((0_0 y... you noticed me sempai?))

"No idea." Alice replied "Steak's almost ready~"

The man peers at the shadowy figure for a secind more, then turns back to the bar.

"Smells delicious." He says. 

Smoke billows from where Sai'ah is frantically slapping a burger with a spatula.

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A Rhino in Palantine armor enters the bar.

"Ahh, Temple Guardian." Seven says. "What can I do for you?"

The Rhino holds out a scroll to Theresa.

"You are summoned." He says, his voice full of ceremony. 

Therese began to feel relaxed before this utter interruption. Looks like she began to get slightly lazed...

After making a polite nod in terms of gratitude for the courier, she opened the scroll to read its contents.  

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese began to feel relaxed before this utter interruption. Looks like she began to get slightly lazed...

After making a polite nod in terms of gratitude for the courier, she opened the scroll to read its contents.  

"You expressed a wish to speak with the new Initiates." The scroll reads. "They await your presence in the monastery."

The words are handwritten and seem to be from someone who spends a great deal of time writing in archaic script.

The Rhino waits for your response.

His armor bears an insignia you have seen at the Monastery.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Grok taps on the divider wall in the transport, startling Ulf out of whatever manic fantasy the course inspired in his mind.

"Hey." He says. "We gonna go or what?"

Polka... Polka?... POLKA! Ulf thought and, with a fist hit against the dashboard, forced exactly what he wanted out from the poor stereo system. Grineer's tap made him react like a crazed warhorse who was pinched by horseman's spurs, accelerating the armored vehicle to it's upper borders of speed capacities. In a couple of moments, the mammoth was already jumping at wild speeds against all those trampolines and forcing its way through the bumps. At some turns, the crew could feel the risk of turning over, and some of the nastier jump landings made the behemoth emit weird noises at the chassis' apparent center. Ulf began to grin. Slightly.