The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

13 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Curtled wine and some bread."

Seven lifts an eyebrow at the request.

"You one of them Holy Men?" He asks, writing the order down on a holo-pad and sending it.

A moment later a voice booms out.

"Bread? Bread!" It bellows.

A heavyset man barges into the common area.

"What lilly-livered pansy ordered plain, unadorned, boring bread?" He demands.

The few other patrons suddenly notice something interesting in the bottom of their cups.

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Leans back* "I..was In a Coma?, ugh Im not going to go into it" *He rubs his face, sitting up* "How long was I out?, heh I;m sorry I made you worry, but hay, I got something nice to wake up to" *He smiles warmly* "So, Uh, what did I miss?"

Sam shrugs.

"Beats me." She says. "Why don't we find a nurse and ask.

The nurse from before is nowhere to be found.

3 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"Im running from ghosts of the past"

The blade lowers and a hand reaches out.

"Well you've come to the right place." The soldier says. "I'm Theylin, captain of the Orbital defense."

His helmet has a eye-patch module on it, similar to the one on Hydroid.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven lifts an eyebrow at the request.

"You one of them Holy Men?" He asks, writing the order down on a holo-pad and sending it.

A moment later a voice booms out.

"Bread? Bread!" It bellows.

A heavyset man barges into the common area.

"What lilly-livered pansy ordered plain, unadorned, boring bread?" He demands.

The few other patrons suddenly notice something interesting in the bottom of their cups.

*The atlas rises*

"I have. Stabilis, the mighty, one who walks the path of the monk, way of the fist. Is there anything wrong with wanting bread?"

*Any one who knew mma would recognize his stance: ready to tank a massive amount of momentum, then redirect it*

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*The atlas rises*

"I have. Stabilis, the mighty, one who walks the path of the monk, way of the fist. Is there anything wrong with wanting bread?"

*Any one who knew mma would recognize his stance: ready to tank a massive amount of momentum, then redirect it*

The heavyset man, who seems to have no shortage of momentum, pauses. 

He sizes up the monk and then holds up a slip of paper, hiding a pan behind his back.

"Will that be one loaf or half?" He asks, clearly regretting his earlier outburst.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Bill turns and lumbers over to the man, picking him up and setting him on a still next to him. He slaps him awake and puts his arm around the poor man.

"So I heard you had a death wish." He says. "We could use a man like that in the Corp."

The man looks around.

"Not paying for something this delicious. Tsk, tsk, tsk..." Alice grinned.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The heavyset man, who seems to have no shortage of momentum, pauses. 

He sizes up the monk and then holds up a slip of paper, hiding a pan behind his back.

"Will that be one loaf or half?" He asks, clearly regretting his earlier outburst.

*Stabilis sits back down*

"One. My travels have been long, and i grow hungry. Tell me, what is it about plain bread that angers you?"

14 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks around* "Uh, where did she go?, *He smiles* "Hay, are we alone in here?"

Sam pecks you on the cheek and then looks around.

"That's odd." She says.

She hears your second question and punches you playfully in the shoulder.

"Don't get any ideas." She says. "Besides I told My Dad I'd try to make it by his restaurant for lunch." 

A look at the clock reveals that it is 11:15.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis sits back down*

"One. My travels have been long, and i grow hungry. Tell me, what is it about plain bread that angers you?"

The man jogs down the order and slinks back into the kitchen.

"Marco believes that the only proper meal for a real man involves lots of meat, and lots of grease." Seven, the barkeep, says. "Don't mind him. He had to cook vegan food earlier and he's in a foul mood."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Sam pecks you on the cheek and then looks around.

"That's odd." She says.

She hears your second question and punches you playfully in the shoulder.

"Don't get any ideas." She says. "Besides I told My Dad I'd try to make it by his restaurant for lunch." 

A look at the clock reveals that it is 11:15.

*He chuckles* "Dah!" *He laughs* "What?, I had nothing in mind" *He looks to the clock* "Well I'm not stopping you, go ahead, I can just rest up here, until I get my strength back"

16 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Not paying for something this delicious. Tsk, tsk, tsk..." Alice grinned.

"You got any credits on you boy?" Bill asks.

The young man shakes his head.

"Put his meal on my tab." Bill says. "A knight should pay for his squire."

The young man looks both excited and horrified.

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He chuckles* "Dah!" *He laughs* "What?, I had nothing in mind" *He looks to the clock* "Well I'm not stopping you, go ahead, I can just rest up here, until I get my strength back"

"Come on." She says, tugging at your arm. "He wants to meet you. And there's no better meal than a hot cure."

She blinks and giggles.

"I said that wrong." She says. 

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The man jogs down the order and slinks back into the kitchen.

"Marco believes that the only proper meal for a real man involves lots of meat, and lots of grease." Seven, the barkeep, says. "Don't mind him. He had to cook vegan food earlier and he's in a foul mood."

"Hmm. He should try meditation. It helps to clear emotions, especially negative ones."

*he pulls out a small pendent and wraps his hand around it. His eyes glow breifly behind his closed lids, then the pendant glows. He puts it away. Stabilis's voice is deep, almost as if an earthquake was speaking*

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Hmm. He should try meditation. It helps to clear emotions, especially negative ones."

*he pulls out a small pendent and wraps his hand around it. His eyes glow breifly behind his closed lids, then the pendant glows. He puts it away. Stabilis's voice is deep, almost as if an earthquake was speaking*

Seven is watching your curiously, though it does not seem like this catches him totally off-guard. He seems more curious than surprised.

"So what brought you to this place?" He asks. "And how did you get here? I wasn't told about any new ships arriving."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Come on." She says, tugging at your arm. "He wants to meet you. And there's no better meal than a hot cure."

She blinks and giggles.

"I said that wrong." She says. 

*He gets up and chuckles* "Oh, that came out right, I'll say" *His Suit closes up and seals, but his helemt remains off and He laughs* "Come on, lets go meet dad" *He snickers under his breath and looks around* "Where to?"

Edited by -Platinum-

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He gets up and chuckles* "Well if your into Hot coffee then, sure" *His Suit closes up and seals, but his helemt remains off* "What, we both got bad puns" *He laughs* "Come on, lets go meet dad" *He snickers under his breath and looks around* "Where to?"

Sam leads you down the hall. The nurses stop you once, and Sam assures them you are just going to get some food. A Seraph accompanies you to the bar, and takes a seat while Sam walks up the the counter.

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Just now, Rakawan said:

Sam leads you down the hall. The nurses stop you once, and Sam assures them you are just going to get some food. A Seraph accompanies you to the bar, and takes a seat while Sam walks up the the counter.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

*Zaeed looks to her, then behind* "Why do we have a Seraph with us?" *He walks with her to the counter* 

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven is watching your curiously, though it does not seem like this catches him totally off-guard. He seems more curious than surprised.

"So what brought you to this place?" He asks. "And how did you get here? I wasn't told about any new ships arriving."

"I have beated the greatest of fighters in the origin system. I was then directed here to further my skills, both of physical might, and intellectual cunning. Tell me, what do you know of the temple of the keepers?"

*he glances at the three who walked in, eyes lingering on Zaeed, noting his condition*

3 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

" I didnt. I was chased here"

Theylin grips his rapier. 

"By who?" He asks. "Are they coming here as well?"

The other armored forms look at the sky as if expecting to see more ships arriving.