The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I apologize for him." Sam says. "He can be a bit, stern, at times."

*He closes his palm, he looks over to Sam, hes quite upset* "I..can see that Sam, but..I'm sorry..I had no idea, this happned..to you..I.." *He truns to face her* "Why...why didn't you tell me?"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He closes his palm, he looks over to Sam, hes quite upset* "I..can see that Sam, but..I'm sorry..I had no idea, this happned..to you..I.." *He truns to face her* "Why...why didn't you tell me?"

She leans on the balcony.

"Have you ever had a terrible nightmare?" She asks. "One that made you lie still fit minutes. One so bad that not even reality seemed to diminish the terror."

She looks out over the city.

"And when it fades you thank whatever gods you worship that it was fake, but all you words seem hollow." She says. "And you never speak of it, never revisit it, because you fear that if you do even reality won't dispel it."

Just now, Rakawan said:

She leans on the balcony.

"Have you ever had a terrible nightmare?" She asks. "One that made you lie still fit minutes. One so bad that not even reality seemed to diminish the terror."

She looks out over the city.

"And when it fades you thank whatever gods you worship that it was fake, but all you words seem hollow." She says. "And you never speak of it, never revisit it, because you fear that if you do even reality won't dispel it."

*He looks to her* "I see your point.." *He sighs, and rubs his eyes* "God, Sam, I" *He says* "I'm so sorry this happened to you" *He walks over to her, drawing closer* "I want you to know, that I'll always protect you, I'll never hurt you Sam, I already was going to give my live up for you, and I;ll do it agien, if I have to" *He says*

"I'm sorry for that outburst, but your father forgives that, hes not the only person, that has lost family or friends" *He looks down to the side* "What does your father even think I;ll do to you?"

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis nods, and follows them.  He walks by the Apostate; despite his size, he radiated of peace*

"Tell me, why would you accuse and give no chance of redemption, of mercy?"

"Our order is charged with the preservation of knowledge and the dead." Grandmaster Tak says. "To that end we wield terrifying and awesome power. None outside our order are taught this power, the chance for abuse is simply to great."

He steps through the doors.

"Each of us swears an oath, service undying, fealty unbroken to the Grandmaster." He says. "This is what holds us in check. What prevents one from turning on the others. To deny the authority of the Grandmaster is to break that oath, to claim one's power for their own ends. This cannot be allowed. If we fracture then the conflict could tear the world asunder."

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks to her* "I see your point.." *He sighs, and rubs his eyes* "God, Sam, I" *He says* "I'm so sorry this happened to you" *He walks over to her, drawing closer* "I want you to know, that I'll always protect you, I'll never hurt you Sam, I already was going to give my live up for you, and I;ll do it agien, if I have to" *He says*

"I'm sorry for that outburst, but your father forgives that, hes not the only person, that has lost family or friends" *He looks down to the side* "What does your father even think I;ll do to you?"

"I think he fears you will leave." She says. "Or pressure me into a decision or choice I am not prepared for."

She leans into you.

"I think to him I'll always be that small child, that precious bundle of joy that could be snatched away at any moment."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Our order is charged with the preservation of knowledge and the dead." Grandmaster Tak says. "To that end we wield terrifying and awesome power. None outside our order are taught this power, the chance for abuse is simply to great."

He steps through the doors.

"Each of us swears an oath, service undying, fealty unbroken to the Grandmaster." He says. "This is what holds us in check. What prevents one from turning on the others. To deny the authority of the Grandmaster is to break that oath, to claim one's power for their own ends. This cannot be allowed. If we fracture then the conflict could tear the world asunder."

"Do they not go through a journey?  To hold such powers without true devotion would lead to demise.  To exile one without revoking their powers would be unwise, foolish.  And to leave evil alone, without execution, is a sin among sins."

*He removes his great helm, tucking it under his arm.  His steel eyes are fixed on Tak*

"Tell me, why do they not first seek their own mind, their own soul?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I think he fears you will leave." She says. "Or pressure me into a decision or choice I am not prepared for."

She leans into you.

"I think to him I'll always be that small child, that precious bundle of joy that could be snatched away at any moment."

"I'll never leave you Sam" *He puts his hands on her shoulders* "Nor will I ever push you into something your not prepared for, I'll make sure that what ever we do, you have your own say in it, all the time" *He smiles* "I love you that much" *He chuckles a bit* "I..I hope I didn't upset you with what I said, or srupise you"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"We can go people watching!" She says excitedly, pulling at your arm. "I know the perfect spot."

"I like the way you think sweetie~" Alice replied. "I guess we can go a bit before noon. Lead the way!" she let Sai drag her around. She floats afteral.

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Do they not go through a journey?  To hold such powers without true devotion would lead to demise.  To exile one without revoking their powers would be unwise, foolish.  And to leave evil alone, without execution, is a sin among sins."

*He removes his great helm, tucking it under his arm.  His steel eyes are fixed on Tak*

"Tell me, why do they not first seek their own mind, their own soul?"

"Such power as we posses derives from knowledge, not the gift if some greater being." Tak says. "It cannot be revoked, nor retracted, not without great difficulty and luck. Even then it could be reaquired, if the knowledge remains."

He leads you to a large circular chamber. A giant hole divides the far wall.

"Our oath is service undying, unending." He says. "The punishment fur apostasy is death, fit than is the only way a renegade's power could be removed. Those among us who have completed our studies have sought our own reasons and ideals. When we swear we do so with full sincerity."

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I'll never leave you Sam" *He puts his hands on her shoulders* "Nor will I ever push you into something your not prepared for, I'll make sure that what ever we do, you have your own say in it, all the time" *He smiles* "I love you that much" *He chuckles a bit* "I..I hope I didn't upset you with what I said, or srupise you"

"We barely know eachother." She says. "Surprises are inevitable."

She puts her hand on yours.

"But I look forward to the day when that is no longer the case." She says. 

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I like the way you think sweetie~" Alice replied. "I guess we can go a bit before noon. Lead the way!" she let Sai drag her around. She floats afteral.

Sai'ah leads you across the plains and into the city. 

She runs up a wall and perches on a rooftop, looking out over the city.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I will await your presence at the landing pad." The Guardian says.

"I will tell him." Sven says, taking the chip. "Feel free to stop by whenever."

It didn't take long for Therese to get to the monastery docking platform for the second time this day. During the flight, she was mostly guessing why the hell did they use the paper scroll when she's online 24 a day. Anyway, she began to get used to this weird weird planet, so it didn't bother her much. Soon, she was standing near the ship, waiting to be met.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Such power as we posses derives from knowledge, not the gift if some greater being." Tak says. "It cannot be revoked, nor retracted, not without great difficulty and luck. Even then it could be reaquired, if the knowledge remains."

He leads you to a large circular chamber. A giant hole divides the far wall.

"Our oath is service undying, unending." He says. "The punishment fur apostasy is death, fit than is the only way a renegade's power could be removed. Those among us who have completed our studies have sought our own reasons and ideals. When we swear we do so with full sincerity."

*At first he says nothing.  After a short while, he speaks*

"What is this knowledge that you hold?  I seek to better myself, in both might and wisdom."

*Stabilis was beginning to doubt these scholars; knowledge without experience is simply a textbook, not wisdom.*

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We barely know eachother." She says. "Surprises are inevitable."

She puts her hand on yours.

"But I look forward to the day when that is no longer the case." She says. 

*He Smiles* "Same here" *He sighs* "Now, Why don't we go back to the place, we still got a meal to attended to"

51 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"What I had to." Seven says. "And if you are here to lecture me you can save whatever passes for your breath among your kind."

*He Scoffs* "Fine, but god damm it, did you HAVE to push him that far?, I did not want him to be reminded of his...son.." *He floats away* "I expect you to apologize.."

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

It didn't take long for Therese to get to the monastery docking platform for the second time this day. During the flight, she was mostly guessing why the hell did they use the paper scroll when she's online 24 a day. Anyway, she began to get used to this weird weird planet, so it didn't bother her much. Soon, she was standing near the ship, waiting to be met.

The Guardian gestures for you to follow and sets off across the grounds.

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He Scoffs* "Fine, but god damm it, did you HAVE to push him that far?, I did not want him to be reminded of his...son.." *He floats away* "I expect you to apologize.."

"I wouldn't hold my breath." Seven says. "You don't know what a man is like till you push him."

10 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*At first he says nothing.  After a short while, he speaks*

"What is this knowledge that you hold?  I seek to better myself, in both might and wisdom."

*Stabilis was beginning to doubt these scholars; knowledge without experience is simply a textbook, not wisdom.*

"How to call back the dead, given nothing but a corpse." Tak says. "How to see the ebb and flow of power, how to cross vast distances with a single step, and more."

Another Nekros Prime walks up and the Apostate bows.

"Grandmaster." He says. 

Something about the newcomer seems older, the ebb and flow of energy in the air seems to match that within him, one a smaller scale.

"Founder." Tak says. "This is fortunate. This apostate claims my title was ill earned."

The Founder looks at the Apostate.

"I will speak with him." He says. 

He motions to the Apostate and both walk down the hall.

"I cannot teach you to do as we do." Tak says. "Such would violate my oaths. But there is other knowledge I can perhaps grant you."

Edited by Rakawan