The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"How to call back the dead, given nothing but a corpse." Tak says. "How to see the ebb and flow of power, how to cross vast distances with a single step, and more."

Another Nekros Prime walks up and the Apostate bows.

"Grandmaster." He says. 

Something about the newcomer seems older, the ebb and flow of energy in the air seems to match that within him, one a smaller scale.

"Founder." Tak says. "This is fortunate. This apostate claims my title was ill earned."

The Founder looks at the Apostate.

"I will speak with him." He says. 

He motions to the Apostate and both walk down the hall.

"I cannot teach you to do as we do." Tak says. "Such would violate my oaths. But there is other knowledge I can perhaps grant you."

"Tell me of this other knowledge."

*(and perhaps I can tell if you are of truth, or of dust.)  Stabilis had long learned to hide his doubts, keeping them to himself.  There was only one who had made him doubt himself, but that fighter was long dead, and a true warrior.  He learned from failures, both his and others.  Stabilis would not learn in that manner, but he could learn from other's failures, and the same for their success.*

"And tell me what you know of the mind, spirit, and the body.  I wish to confirm the knowledge, to find a common ground."

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She followed casually, not actually making any haste.

Inside the room you find a few individuals, the volunteers, milling about aimlessly. One looks at the weapons on the wall, another tosses a ball up and down. A third stands, her arms engulfed in void fire, watching the flames and flexing.

The fourth is nowhere to be seen until you turn. He stands besides the door, in a perfect spot for an ambush. His eyes run over you, looking for weapons or weaknesses.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Tell me of this other knowledge."

*(and perhaps I can tell if you are of truth, or of dust.)  Stabilis had long learned to hide his doubts, keeping them to himself.  There was only one who had made him doubt himself, but that fighter was long dead, and a true warrior.  He learned from failures, both his and others.  Stabilis would not learn in that manner, but he could learn from other's failures, and the same for their success.*

"And tell me what you know of the mind, spirit, and the body.  I wish to confirm the knowledge, to find a common ground."

"No doubt you have seen the golden ones that wander these halls." Grandmaster Tak says. "What do you believe them to be?"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He walks back to the bar* "Well, Bar-Tender you got that strong drink?"

Seven slides you a glass.

"Meridian Moonshine. " He says. "Strongest thing I can give someone who just walked out of the hospital."

The glass is unusually small for a shot and seeems to smoke. The pure scent of it sears your nostrils, even from a distance.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"No doubt you have seen the golden ones that wander these halls." Grandmaster Tak says. "What do you believe them to be?"

*stabilis thought of what he meant by golden ones*

"If you speak of the ones of energy, then I will tell you that they are apparitions of the dead.  If you do not mean them, the I have not seen them."

25 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice simply floats up to her, taking in the sight "Everyone looks like delicious ants from here!"

You hear shouts and see a young man knock and older woman down and run off with her purse. A moment later pink energy flares around Sai'ah and you see the young man hand the purse back, say something, lost in the distance, and then wait while the marketplace guards clap him in irons. He seems to snap to once the metal bands close around his wrists.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Inside the room you find a few individuals, the volunteers, milling about aimlessly. One looks at the weapons on the wall, another tosses a ball up and down. A third stands, her arms engulfed in void fire, watching the flames and flexing.

The fourth is nowhere to be seen until you turn. He stands besides the door, in a perfect spot for an ambush. His eyes run over you, looking for weapons or weaknesses.

Therese didn't actually mind the guy acting weird; she could still recall her own behavior soon after her batch was exposed to the void. However, these greenhorns felt much better and adequate compared with the fresh tenno of her age.

"Feels strange, overwhelming, and totally eery, isn't it?" she inquired, remembering her own experience "There were five of you earlier if I recall correctly"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*stabilis thought of what he meant by golden ones*

"If you speak of the ones of energy, then I will tell you that they are apparitions of the dead.  If you do not mean them, the I have not seen them."

"You are more observant than most." Tak says. "They are the knowledge I speak of. Shades who can carry, and teach things that would have been lost with their deaths."

He leads you to a room where several shades sit, writing knowledge on holo-scrolls.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven slides you a glass.

"Meridian Moonshine. " He says. "Strongest thing I can give someone who just walked out of the hospital."

The glass is unusually small for a shot and seeems to smoke. The pure scent of it sears your nostrils, even from a distance.

*He takes it and drinks it down* "Thanks" *He says, he looks around* "Was matrix just here?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You are more observant than most." Tak says. "They are the knowledge I speak of. Shades who can carry, and teach things that would have been lost with their deaths."

He leads you to a room where several shades sit, writing knowledge on holo-scrolls.

*Stabilis looks at each one, trying to discern facial features.  He was used to listening to the dead; what dead he saw rise he had put down.  He remembered the feeling in the bar*

"These shades, do they exist outside of this temple?"

11 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Feels strange, overwhelming, and totally eery, isn't it?" she inquired, remembering her own experience "There were five of you earlier if I recall correctly"

The one by the door does not respond. He simply stands there, eying you, acting for all the world as if someone had commanded him to keep watch and he could not refuse, nor did he want to.

The girl with fiery limbs responds first, her voice excited, a contrast with her stance.

"It feels like I can see sound and taste light." She says, flexing again and sending the flames dancing along her arms. "Is this what Tenno feel everyday?"

The amount of void washing off them is immense, as if they are overflowing glasses still seeking equilibrium. 

The one tossing the ball winces at the words and his breathing intensifies. It seems as if he is fighting back panic.

The one looking at the weapons peers closer, as if lost in his own thoughts, seeming some greater mystery within the blades before him.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He takes it and drinks it down* "Thanks" *He says, he looks around* "Was matrix just here?"

"Never met anyone by that name." Seven says. "But there was a rude little ball of light. One of them Cephalons. That him?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Never met anyone by that name." Seven says. "But there was a rude little ball of light. One of them Cephalons. That him?"

"Oh, he prorply yelled at you" *He sighs* "He can be quite defensive, Ironic I kown" *He says* "I'm sorry about before.."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The one by the door does not respond. He simply stands there, eying you.wcting for all the world as if someone had commanded him to keep watch and he could not refuse, nor did we want to.

The girl with fiery limbs responds first, her voice excited, a contrast with her stance.

"It feels like I can see sound and taste light." She says, flexing again and sending the flames dancing along her arms. "Is this what Tenno feel everyday?"

The amount of void washing off them is immense, as if they are overflowing glasses still seeking equilibrium. 

The one tossing the ball winces at the words and his breathing intensifies. It seems as if he is fighting back panic.

The one looking at the weapons peers closer, as if lost in his own thoughts, seeming some greater mystery within the blades before him.

"Don't be afraid or over excited, sparklings, this feeling will subside in time. And fortunately, your bunch won't be thrown to the battle zones with a single tonbo and no realization of what you are about to fight. Take your time and don't hesitate to ask me or share with your concerns. I may be not the youngest tenno from before the collapse, but I sure remember how terrifying and strange it was to become a tenno"

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Oh, he prorply yelled at you" *He sighs* "He can be quite defensive, Ironic I kown" *He says* "I'm sorry about before.."

"You had right to your anger." He says. "Just as I had right to mine."

He motions to the kitchen. 

"What'll you have for a meal?" He asks. 

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Don't be afraid or over excited, sparklings, this feeling will subside in time. And fortunately, your bunch won't be thrown to the battle zones with a single tonbo and no realization of what you are about to fight. Take your time and don't hesitate to ask me or share with your concerns. I may be not the youngest tenno from before the collapse, but I sure remember how terrifying and strange it was to become a tenno"

The more you speak the more the one lying in the floor winces. He clutched his ears as if even normal sounds pain him and begins breathing faster.

An elderly looking Tenno in robes pushes past you, handing four Bo Staves to the girl and kneeling by the young man.

He pried his finger loose and places something over the young man's ears and eyes. Some sort of dampening system.

"Breathe." He says slowly. "In and out. Slowly. Yes. Just like that. Now on your feet. Good."

He collects the staves and motions for all of them, including you, to follow.

He leads you to a sparring chamber and hands a staff to each of the initiates.

"Please stand on the circle." He says to you, nodding to a circle where an instructor might stand."What Kata do you know for the Bo?"

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You hear shouts and see a young man knock and older woman down and run off with her purse. A moment later pink energy flares around Sai'ah and you see the young man hand the purse back, say something, lost in the distance, and then wait while the marketplace guards clap him in irons. He seems to snap to once the metal bands close around his wrists.

"Great bloody work Sai!" Alice said "That was you, right?"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"You had right to your anger." He says. "Just as I had right to mine."

He motions to the kitchen. 

"What'll you have for a meal?" He asks. 

"Oh" *He says with pride* "Do they have Royal Orokin Ambrosia?" *He sighs* "I've not had one in years" *He says*

25 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks at each one, trying to discern facial features.  He was used to listening to the dead; what dead he saw rise he had put down.  He remembered the feeling in the bar*

"These shades, do they exist outside of this temple?"

"Only with our influence." Grandmaster Tak says. "This place was built to house them and give them form. Without it they would be vapor in the wind."

"Stabilis?" A familiar, if long forgotten voice asks.

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Oh" *He says with pride* "Do they have Royal Orokin Ambrosia?" *He sighs* "I've not had one in years" *He says*

"Does it have steak?" A voice from the kitchen demands.

Seven repeats the question.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The more you speak the more the one lying in the floor winces. He clutched his ears as if even normal sounds pain him and begins breathing faster.

An elderly looking Tenno in robes pushes past you, handing four Bo Staves to the girl and kneeling by the young man.

He pried his finger loose and places something over the young man's ears and eyes. Some sort of dampening system.

"Breathe." He says slowly. "In and out. Slowly. Yes. Just like that. Now on your feet. Good."

He collects the staves and motions for all of them, including you, to follow.

He leads you to a sparring chamber and hands a staff to each of the initiates.

"Please stand on the circle." He says to you, nodding to a circle where an instructor might stand."What Kata do you know for the Bo?"

"My muscle memory says "Choun" and "Shushi". Never bothered with the rest"

Just now, Teloch said:

"My muscle memory says "Choun" and "Shushi". Never bothered with the rest"

"Would you mind demonstrating?" He asks.

The imitates each bow to you and watch you. The elderly Tenno keeps his eyes on the, no doubt waiting to correct any flaws.

"I... I need to lie down." The young man says. 

"Trust me young one." The old Tenno says. "This will help."

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Only with our influence." Grandmaster Tak says. "This place was built to house them and give them form. Without it they would be vapor in the wind."

"Stabilis?" A familiar, if long forgotten voice asks.

*Stabilis turns, the voice invoking memories, both kind, and oppressive.  He was unsure, but e would never know unless he asked*

"Sarah?"

"Y-yes.  Are y-you really he-here?"

*He was tempted to hug her; the last time he had seen her, she was hacking out her own lungs.  He didn't care if she was solid or just a wisp of smoke.*

"Sarah.  I've missed you."

"Stabilis, y-you s-seem different."

*He turned to Tak, his voice awfully harsh for a monk*

"If this is some cruel trick, you had better never sleep again."