The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Because nothing bespeaks msysticism and history more than a proper tome." Tak says. "The dust is a powder, a warding spell against intruders who seek its knowledge."

Thetome has an image of an eastern dragon on the cover.

"Before our order there are legends of another." Tak said. "Recorded only here, and spoken of by few. The Order of the... well the closest would be fist. But the eyes can mean wall, mountain, or even dragon."

Drawn on the first page, standing in a martial pose, atop a mountain, stands an Atlas. The firm has more ribbons and ornaments than any warframe.

"They were Warrior monks, and skilled in usage of the void to achieve mystical feats. It is said they managed to use the void the way monks of legend used Chi."

"Chi. Energy, peace. I know the void is malluable, but would this really be possible?  Is there anyone here who has taken Chi and used it as a weapon instead of a mindset?"

*Stabilis moves to thumb through the book, curious as to the reality of the order. He stopped. Glancing at Tak for approval*

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Brandon grabs the yoyo and peers at it. Helps fingers twist at it, looking for places it might disassemble or slide apart.

"What do you say?" Sam chides.

"Thank you." Brandon murmurs, fully absorbed in the toy."

Sam shakes her head.

"Sorry for his manners." She says. "Sometimes I think the Grineer half of him affects his mind. He's far too clever for his age, and sometimes he can be so rough."

*Smiles* "Heh, you are welcome" *He says, he perks a brow to Sam* "Sweetie, I've been rised up with a Corpus family and I spent all my time with the Corpus,  Grinner are pushovers compared to them" *He chuckles* "Chief Sir, not long now I hope?"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Cool! I tried enslaving demons more than once. But they rather ceased to exist than serve little o' me. Something about my head being worse than hell. Silly, no?" Alice said.

"This one tried to devour me." She said. "Assimilated my body. So I took hers."

Her grin regains some of its feral look.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"This one tried to devour me." She said. "Assimilated my body. So I took hers."

Her grin regains some of its feral look.

"Ooooh, bet it's still wishing to squish your livers! And I was wondering why you looked so... demonic~" Alice spoke.

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seth steps forward.

"When I first arrived my uncle sent me to Jas to learn to be an Archon Knight. I served as his squire until he became a Tenno. When that happened it fell to me to fill his shoes on the Order. It was a daunting prospect. Jas had fought beside Gallik himself. He had been there since the start. I had only a year of training behind me and everyone expected Jas' squire to be capable of the same greatness as the man himself."

As he speaks a shade wanders over. It seems different t than the others, clad in ornate and regal robes. You sense no void energy from it, none of the auras that surround the Tenno shades. The face is scarred and rough and the man has the bearing of a warrior.

"They were not disappointed." Seth said. "Jas had only a year, and yet he taught me more in that year than anyone, Tenno or Human, has ever taught. I was an Archon within a month of his transformation, and a Knight within three. I figured that if I could do that, then what challenge could becoming a Tenno pose?"

Therese's intuition told her that the shadow that were overhearing the conversation might be of the mentioned Gallik. Although, she did not mind the intruder, preferring to listen to the youngster's tale.

"The ambition and the thirst for learning. Whether you manage to find the reason behind your passion and the vector of your drive or not will set you either on the path of Fire or on the path of Wood" she commented the story.

"But you made a promise to make others tell their stories as well, and I am interested in hearing all of you"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Chi. Energy, peace. I know the void is malluable, but would this really be possible?  Is there anyone here who has taken Chi and used it as a weapon instead of a mindset?"

*Stabilis moves to thumb through the book, curious as to the reality of the order. He stopped. Glancing at Tak for approval*

"Why do you think the folk here fear and respect the Keepers?" He asks. "Why even our Tenno brethren give us space when we walk among them?"

Power seems to course through him and the air around him. 

"For all our power we Tenno have barely scratched the surface of what the void can do." Tak says. "How do you think theses shades are raised, how they are given firm again?"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese's intuition told her that the shadow that were overhearing the conversation might be of the mentioned Gallik. Although, she did not mind the intruder, preferring to listen to the youngster's tale.

"The ambition and the thirst for learning. Whether you manage to find the reason behind your passion and the vector of your drive or not will set you either on the path of Fire or on the path of Wood" she commented the story.

"But you made a promise to make others tell their stories as well, and I am interested in hearing all of you"

"It is the path of Iron I am interested in." Seth says. "Fire dies and wood withers."

"I. Wanted. To. Be. Free." Tony says. He speaks as if every word is a blow upon his own body, and he wants each to be felt but not hurtful. "Like. You. Are. Free."

12 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"How long has the clan been here? When was the city founded?"

((Going to assume that among all the excitement there were days of downtime.))

"We have existed since before the Collapse." Argus says. "But this planet was settled about two years ago, or a few more months, and we have been here a matter of weeks."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Why do you think the folk here fear and respect the Keepers?" He asks. "Why even our Tenno brethren give us space when we walk among them?"

Power seems to course through him and the air around him. 

"For all our power we Tenno have barely scratched the surface of what the void can do." Tak says. "How do you think theses shades are raised, how they are given firm again?"

"But weaponized peace?  If it is true, as you say it is, then please, teach me. Teach me this power, and perhaps I could tell you of a truth that you might not know."

*the energy that flowed off of him, the chi; this could be the key to turning his emdurance into power. Stabilis stiffened slightly at the mention of shade, his hand flexing again: his nervous tick*

13 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Ooooh, bet it's still wishing to squish your livers! And I was wondering why you looked so... demonic~" Alice spoke.

"It helps keep the Hunters in line." Sai'ah says. 

Her eyes brighten.

"I know what we can do." She says. "A hunt. A hunt in the woods."

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"But weaponized peace?  If it is true, as you say it is, then please, teach me. Teach me this power, and perhaps I could tell you of a truth that you might not know."

*the energy that flowed off of him, the chi; this could be the key to turning his emdurance into power. Stabilis stiffened slightly at the mention of shade, his hand flexing again: his nervous tick*

"And here we come full circle." Tak says. "I cannot teach you. I have the knowledge, and perhaps the time. But your path does not end in this monastary. Your life may pause here, but it is not bound to this place. You would not swear service undying to this cause, and so would not be bound as we are."

He continues.

"If this is the power you seek, then you will have to find your own way to it." He says. "And thus, the tome."

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is the path of Iron I am interested in." Seth says. "Fire dies and wood withers."

"I. Wanted. To. Be. Free." Tony says. He speaks as if every word is a blow upon his own body, and he wants each to be felt but not hurtful. "Like. You. Are. Free."

And Iron melts and breaks Therese wanted to say at first, recalling the great cycle of destruction, but she refrained from speaking, knowing perfectly that her words will neither be heard nor understood by the proud youngling. 

"There are different planes of freedom. I am bound to my soldier oath, to those whom I pertain, and to my own path to the truth. There is only one known ultimate freedom - the freedom from existence" she answered to the hardly-speaking initiate, expecting him not to stress himself and not to speak further.

"And you?" She asked the girl with fiery eyes.

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

And Iron melts and breaks Therese wanted to say at first, recalling the great cycle of destruction, but she refrained from speaking, knowing perfectly that her words will neither be heard nor understood by the proud youngling. 

"There are different planes of freedom. I am bound to my soldier oath, to those whom I pertain, and to my own path to the truth. There is only one known ultimate freedom - the freedom from existence" she answered to the hardly-speaking initiate, expecting him not to stress himself and not to speak further.

"And you?" She asked the girl with fiery eyes.

"Death. Or. Power." He says. "One. Way. Or. Another. I. Am. Free."

The girl's voice is emotionless.

"The Corpus need to learn what it feels like." She says. "To come home and find rubble, because you were not efficient enough."

Her words sound rehearsed, yet spoken with conviction, as a devout person might rehearse a prayer. 

38 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Smiles* "Heh, you are welcome" *He says, he perks a brow to Sam* "Sweetie, I've been rised up with a Corpus family and I spent all my time with the Corpus,  Grinner are pushovers compared to them" *He chuckles* "Chief Sir, not long now I hope?"

"Patience good sir." The chef rumbles. "One cannot rush perfection."

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And here we come full circle." Tak says. "I cannot teach you. I have the knowledge, and perhaps the time. But your path does not end in this monastary. Your life may pause here, but it is not bound to this place. You would not swear service undying to this cause, and so would not be bound as we are."

He continues.

"If this is the power you seek, then you will have to find your own way to it." He says. "And thus, the tome."

*Stabilis nods, understanding the binding oaths of order*

"Might I study here? I usually seek out a place of solitude, but there does not seem to be one near here. And this place is strangely peaceful"

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Death. Or. Power." He says. "One. Way. Or. Another. I. Am. Free."

The girl's voice is emotionless.

"The Corpus need to learn what it feels like." She says. "To come home and find rubble, because you were not efficient enough."

Her words sound rehearsed, yet spoken with conviction, as a devout person might rehearse a prayer. 

There just shook her head and answering nothing. Too many people these days pursue their vengeance, and when they complete it, they realize that they are no more but still alive. 

"I hope you haven't dug those two infamous graves yet" she spoke to the girl, adapting the old and wise dictum to her case.

She turned her face to the two remaining initiates.

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis nods, understanding the binding oaths of order*

"Might I study here? I usually seek out a place of solitude, but there does not seem to be one near here. And this place is strangely peaceful"

"Of course." Tak says. "You are welcome to study that time. It may hold the first step you seek."

He turns to the door.

"Now I must go deal with allegations of Apostasy and Mutiny." He says. "There are rooms down the hall if you wish a quiet place to read. Any cell with an open door is available for lodging."

There is a flash of golden light and he disappears.

The book sits open on the table.

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

There just shook her head and answering nothing. Too many people these days pursue their vengeance, and when they complete it, they realize that they are no more but still alive. 

"I hope you haven't dug those two infamous graves yet" she spoke to the girl, adapting the old and wise dictum to her case.

She turned her face to the two remaining initiates.

((There is only one who has not spoken. There are four initiates. Sorry I did not clarify sooner.))

The last girl looks at you.

"Can you truly run on walls and leapt across chasms wider than sight?" She asks. "If so then you have my answer. If not then I have none, save that I wanted to fly."

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He chuckles* "Of coruse" *He leans back and wtachs sam a bit*

Sam in turn watches Brandon twist at the yoyo methodically. It seems as though she rarely gets to see him play and treasures the sight above all else.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((There is only one who has not spoken. There are four initiates. Sorry I did not clarify sooner.))

The last girl looks at you.

"Can you truly run on walks and leapt across chasms wider than sight?" She asks. "If so then you have my answer. If not then I have none, save that I wanted to fly."

Now that answer punched the major from her mentoring mood. She tried to suppress her grin, but those attempts were futile.

"To risk oneself only for a chance to fulfill such a dream? Now that's something very uncommon" she sighed "When you finally lay your hand on a Zephyr class warfame, just try not to burn your wings like Ikarus did in the myth. Alright?"

Edited by Teloch

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." Tak says. "You are welcome to study that time. It may hold the first step you seek."

He turns to the door.

"Now I must go deal with allegations of Apostasy and Mutiny." He says. "There are rooms down the hall if you wish a quiet place to read. Any cell with an open door is available for lodging."

There is a flash of golden light and he disappears.

The book sits open on the table.

*Stabilis moved to one of the empty cells. He sat against the wall, lotus style, and opened to tome on his lap. He turned to the first written page, and began to read*

((would the reading be in my control, or yours, of both?))

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Now that answer punched the major from her mentoring mood. She tried to suppress her grin, but those attempts were futile.

"To risk oneself only for a chance to fulfill such a dream? Now that's something very uncommon" she sighed "When you finally lay your hand on a Zephyr class warfame, just try not to burn your wings like Ikarus did in the myth. Alright?"

She nods.

"Well initiates." Cass says. "There are more things to learn. Come along and hear about Ten-Zero."

He leads them from the room.

"We have not spoken yet." The strange shade says. "Guardian of my people."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"We have not spoken yet." The strange shade says. "Guardian of my people."

"All of those whom I represent swore to protect the empire and the humanity. The empire is no more but the humanity still out there. So it is not only your people whom we protect" She said while turning to the shade "Gallik, I assume?"